They cancelled internal flights last time and they have said they will do the same as last time with Scotland and Northern Ireland. They cancel flights at the drop of a hat.

November/early December lockdown

easyJet appear to be operating EDI and BFS, both at 4 x weekly, during the lockdown but no GLA or INV.

I don't usually do multiple posts but I'm aware that not everyone reads every forum on F4A and because easyJet is of such importance to BRS I've copied below a post I made to the easyJet Airline forum today.

easyJet's first ever annual loss - £1.27 billion year ending 30 September 2020.

A summary of the main points:

1. Expected to fly just 20% of normal capacity into next year.

2. The airline welcomed news of vaccine as underlying demand for air travel is strong - bookings rose nearly 50% when news of the vaccine was made public last week.

3. The pandemic has put great pressure on easyJet's finances forcing it to take on more debt, ask shareholders for extra cash and sell more aircraft.

4. The airline's CEO believes that in the near future easyJet should not need more than the £3 billion already raised. Unsurprisingly as he is the CEO he is bullish about the current situation.

According to one business analyst the next few months will be testing ones with easyJet having to 'navigate its way through a lengthy winter saddled with considerable debt'. She said the airline management had 'administered some tough medicine' including a cut in staffing levels and flying its aircraft slower to reduce the fuel bill. However, she believes there is optimism in that if easyJet can negotiate the difficult winter it could really surge in the second half of 2021 with pent up demand for foreign holidays.

I remember reading an article several weeks ago that suggested that easyJet would need a strong 2021 if it was to survive. Clearly the need is for countries to be able to relax entry restrictions and a vaccine or vaccines will probably be the key.

On the dried plum. Someone is talking of Easyjet major expansion is imminent. Dont know how true this is with all this covid19 going on. Any one heard anything about this,or shed some light on it.

Also talk of expansion at BRS as well. Dont know how true this news is as aviation is so up and down,more down i think is order of the day.Like my last post has any one heard any thing regards BRS with this news.

Also talk of expansion at BRS as well. Dont know how true this news is as aviation is so up and down,more down i think is order of the day.Like my last post has any one heard any thing regards BRS with this news.
I could see them adding some based aircraft to block up stands and stunt any Jet2 growth maybe?

I could see them adding some based aircraft to block up stands and stunt any Jet2 growth maybe?
Seems a strange time for easyJet to go in for major expansion at some airports: unknown Covid effects on traffic in the next few years and a reduction in fleet size, unless they are retrenching to fewer airports (beyond the three UK base closures announced earlier this year).

Given that the industry seems to believe that it will be 2023 at the earliest before passenger traffic returns to 2019 levels airlines will either be flying aircraft with lower loads or they won't need as many in the next year or two.

If BRS doesn't get back to near 2019 levels until 2023 then there should not be a problem with aircraft parking until then by which time the airport will have known whether it's stuck indefinitely at 10 mppa or can expand.

If the former they probably won't need any more stands. If the latter although there is no mention of additional stands in the planning application that was rejected early this year the 2011 planning consents gave planning permission for extra stands - some of the consents in that planning approval were outline consents. A number of stands have been built since 2011 and if the airport is successful with its appeal it would be satisfied it had the means to ensure there were sufficient stands to handle 12 mppa.

Going back to the poster on the Dried Plum, I have no idea where he/she came by the information about easyJet expansion at BRS because there is no reference. A Google search throws up nothing.

unless they are retrenching to fewer airports (beyond the three UK base closures announced earlier this year)
I have seen a rumour that they are going to close Liverpool and I generally can see them retrenching to bases like Bristol.

My next door neighbour has booked a 4 day break in ACE for december. My words were is it running and he said yes.Who ever he booked it with assured him the flight was running. My reply was keep checking flights.

Having a quick glance at next summers schedule I still make it 18 based aircraft on a Saturday. I know there’s plenty of time for that to change but nevertheless it’s promising given easyJet’s claim of passenger confidence

I think their latest sale might have helped with an uplift in bookings! I booked Bristol to Berlin for £24.99 one way in May. From what I've seen of prices on that route that's extremely cheap.

Having a quick glance at next summers schedule I still make it 18 based aircraft on a Saturday. I know there’s plenty of time for that to change but nevertheless it’s promising given easyJet’s claim of passenger confidence
That's a positive statement in that they appear intent on at least consolidation next summer in terms of their programme although of course, as with all airlines and airports, it will depend on the virus situation then.

There seems to be a thought in the higher echelons of the European aviation industry and amongst many analysts that there are too many airlines and that consolidation is likely, especially in the light of the virus effects. To that end the ubiquitous Michael O'Leary has thrown his own thoughts into the ring. They are that easyJet and Wizz Air could merge.

That would be an interesting thought given the reliance BRS has placed on easyJet for the past 15 years and more. This summer might well decide the way forward for easyJet. Several months ago they said that summer 2021 will be extremely important to the airline's future.

Last month easyJet announced its first ever full-year loss - £1.3 billion. Last week it appointed a US consulting and restructuring firm to help it refinance its £1.4 billion debt and help it with its cash-flow forecasting.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock