News Guru

Administrator
Apr 10, 2010
EUROPE
European-Union
London City – IOM flights in doubt

The future operation of the vital air link between the Isle of Man and London City is in doubt, IOM Today reports. Aer Arann will operate all of its services between Ireland and the UK, France and the Isle of Man under the Aer Lingus Regional brand following an expansion of an existing franchise agreement between the two Irish airlines.

However, the only route that will remain under the Aer Arann banner is the Ronaldsway to London City link, which suggests it may be about to be axed. Infrastructure Minister David Crentey MHK confirmed that Aer Arann would only give a commitment to the route at present and that talks had been going on for several weeks now to see if an alternative operator could be found.

For more information on this airport news story visit: http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of- ... -1-4355794

That will be a huge blow for Isle of Man but I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has. Regional air links to the South East seem have been reducing fast over recent years.

There is talk on another forum that easyJet is to commence a Southend-IoM route.

Odyssey are to start a new service to New York this year with no planned start date.

The service has been planning for 10 years.They will use the Airbus A220 with a few lie flat beds.They also plan to start services to other destinations as well and Toronto is one of these.The A220 will be able to fly direct to New York fully loaded. The aircraft wil carry 40 pax with the flat beds in use as well.Hope they do well with it and get a start date sorted out.

Odyssey are to start a new service to New York This year in about mid 2021. The airline is british owned and operated. The head quaters are in London and aircraft base in LCY.

The Normandy coastal town of Deauville will be served on Fridays and Sundays to allow weekend breaks from July 1.

French carrier L’Odyssey will deploy a 27-seat Saab 340 turboprop on the route with a flight time of just over one hour.
Isnt Deauville quite a chique French coastal resort with a racecourse ?

Isnt Deauville quite a chique French coastal resort with a racecourse ?
Indeed so, a superficial glance through tourist sites suggests it is the domestic holiday destination of choice for upper-class Parisians.

Birmingham among others has had direct summer seasonal flights in the past but so far it seems there haven’t been enough UK visitors to keep those flights viable.

Indeed so, a superficial glance through tourist sites suggests it is the domestic holiday destination of choice for upper-class Parisians.

Birmingham among others has had direct summer seasonal flights in the past but so far it seems there haven’t been enough UK visitors to keep those flights viable.

Yes I think I've seen the destination pop up over the years, maybe from South Coast airports or the C I .

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock