+ Erection of three-storey administration building north-west of terminal with associated parking following demolition of existing administration building. However, a further note appears to be at odds with this, stating that the administration building will be south of the airport

I would assume the difference is due to whether the current terminal is expanded or a new one built on the south side...

I would assume the difference is due to whether the current terminal is expanded or a new one built on the south side...

Following part one of the new master plan public consultation the airport has ruled out Option C which was for a second terminal on the Southside, despite this getting twice as many public votes as Options A (extension of current Northside terminal) and B (new Northside terminal) in the consultation returns. The detail already set out in the Environmental Impact Assessment which is preparatory to the submission of new planning applications to take the passenger throughput to 12 mppa suggests that Option A is the one the airport will follow. This is despite the current second phase of the public consultation which will lead to a new draft master plan, and after further public consultation, to a final master plan, which makes me wonder if the expensive public consultation exercises are little more than public relations initiatives

Not to appear too cynical, I think they are in most cases. How many times have you heard of plans being changed after public consultation. :whistle:

Not to appear too cynical, I think they are in most cases. How many times have you heard of plans being changed after public consultation. :whistle:
You are right in what you say. I have not got enough fingers to count the changes.

https://www.bristolairport.co.uk/ab...iation-minister-views-new-hold-baggage-system

Recent BRS press release:

Aviation Minister Views New Hold Baggage System at Bristol Airport

Created: 6th Jul 2018

Aviation Minister, Baroness Sugg, visited Bristol Airport today (6 July) to view newly installed hold baggage screening equipment – one of the first in the UK to meet the latest Department for Transport standards which come into force this September.

The £18.7 million project involved a complete redesign of the baggage processing system to incorporate the larger, heavier x-ray machines required to meet the new standards. As well as ensuring compliance with the new regulations, the new baggage system delivers increased capacity enabling the Airport to ensure processing times are not impacted as passenger numbers continue to grow.

On her first official visit to Bristol Airport, Baroness Sugg was briefed on plans to increase capacity to 12 million passengers per annum in order meet demand for air travel to and from the South West of England and South Wales. The Minister also met members of the Airport’s customer service team who recently became Dementia Friends Champions as part of an initiative to improve the airport experience for passengers with hidden disabilities.

Simon Earles, Planning and Sustainability Director at Bristol Airport, said:
“We were delighted to welcome Baroness Sugg and proud to showcase areas in which Bristol is leading the way - from implementation of new technology to training for our teams. With the Government in the process of developing a new Aviation Strategy, this was also a timely opportunity to share our own future plans, highlighting the role of Bristol Airport as an engine of growth for the regional economy and the importance of improving surface access to its continued success.”

Aviation Minister, Baroness Sugg, said:
“The security and safety of our passengers is our top priority and I was impressed to see Bristol’s investment in new technology to achieve this.
“Through our aviation strategy we will continue to look for new opportunities to protect passengers and airport workers as part of taking a fresh look at aviation sector up to 2050.
“And we will support regional airports like Bristol, which play an important role in boosting the local economy and providing vital connections.”

Serving more than eight million passengers a year, Bristol is the ninth busiest airport in the UK and England’s third largest airport outside London. Direct flights operate to 126 destinations in 34 countries.

In June, Bristol Airport was named ‘Best Airport in Europe’ in the 5-10 million passengers category at the annual awards dinner held by European airports association, ACI Europe.

A consultation on Bristol Airport’s Master Plan runs until 6 July, considering how the Airport can meet future demand for air travel to and from the South West and South Wales. More information is available at www.bristolairport.co.uk/future.

The old terminal building, the original airport building, is due for demolition in a few months. Plans to convert that space and the car park opposite to aircraft stands should begin from Sep 2018. Few more months to get your photos of the original terminal.

The silver zone staff waiting building will be on the site of the original customer key deposit building. The forecast is for it to be ready by summer 19.

The old terminal building, the original airport building, is due for demolition in a few months. Plans to convert that space and the car park opposite to aircraft stands should begin from Sep 2018. Few more months to get your photos of the original terminal.

Is the entire old terminal area coming down in one go or in stages, with the first part this winter?

Is the entire old terminal area coming down in one go or in stages, with the first part this winter?

Sorry dont have more info. It will have to be in stages, but where will the current admin staff go is unclear. The new building near the North Side ATC is not due to be ready until early 2020. So its a mystery.

Sorry dont have more info. It will have to be in stages, but where will the current admin staff go is unclear. The new building near the North Side ATC is not due to be ready until early 2020. So its a mystery.

Perhaps a few portacabins till new building ready.

As far as I was aware, there will be two stages to the new eastern stands which will built on the site of the old terminal building and staff car park.

The first stage (this winter) will see a couple of new stands built on the staff car park and the land to the east of the old terminal building (google maps will help you picture this). The old terminal building will remain in place for now. These new stands will be built by next summer and will be linked to the current eastern apron via a taxyway that might need to chop off the very southern tip of the old terminal building.

Then the next round of building (winter 19/20) will see the old terminal building demolished and more stands then built linking the current eastern apron and the newly built stands. This will tie-in with the building of a new admin building which is planned to be built southside just off the A38 roundabout. This will put it in the same area as the new silver zone staff car park waiting building you mentioned.

That space around the OTB is going to be one hell of a building site especially if part of the building is still operational.

Bristol Airport - Stands
I have just noticed on the NATS/AIS page that the stand/docking chart for BRS has been updated on the 16th August showing numerous new stands.

On the eastern apron there are now the following stands:-
E1 - Situated between Stand 7N and Taxiway Z
E2 & E3 - Situated between Stands 13-16 and 10-12

On the western apron there are now the following stands:-
W1, W2, W3 & W4 - Situated between Stands 34-36 and 31-33
W5 & W6 - Situated between Stands 28-30 and 31-33
W7 & W8 - Situated in front of Stands 22-24

There is now 45 numbered stands, obviously not all can be occupied at the same time as some are dependant on aircraft size and the position of adjoining stands. But they certainly seem to be cramming as many in to as much of the available apron.

Link below the PDF file from the NATS website.

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadb...s/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGGD_2-2_en_2018-08-16.pdf

37-39 stands are severely restricted i believe. Even the auxillary power units on those stands have to be of the specially silent type. Too close to homes i guess.

Wouldbe interesting to seenew stand layout in the staff carpark in OTB. Last date for parking there is 30 Sep. Demolition to begin in Oct.

Bristol Airport - Stands
I have just noticed on the NATS/AIS page that the stand/docking chart for BRS has been updated on the 16th August showing numerous new stands.

On the eastern apron there are now the following stands:-
E1 - Situated between Stand 7N and Taxiway Z
E2 & E3 - Situated between Stands 13-16 and 10-12

On the western apron there are now the following stands:-
W1, W2, W3 & W4 - Situated between Stands 34-36 and 31-33
W5 & W6 - Situated between Stands 28-30 and 31-33
W7 & W8 - Situated in front of Stands 22-24

There is now 45 numbered stands, obviously not all can be occupied at the same time as some are dependant on aircraft size and the position of adjoining stands. But they certainly seem to be cramming as many in to as much of the available apron.

Link below the PDF file from the NATS website.

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadb...s/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGGD_2-2_en_2018-08-16.pdf

Sorry error on my part 43 numbered stands not 45 as I stated.

37-39 stands are severely restricted i believe. Even the auxillary power units on those stands have to be of the specially silent type. Too close to homes i guess.
In its Environmental Impact Assessment being submitted to the local authority the airport has indicted that it will ask for the current restrictions on these stands to be removed.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/car-rental-hub-bristol-airport-2016655

The airport is revising its plans for a car rental consolidation centre. It will be built on the south side by the Silver Zone car park with shuttle bus connectivity from the main terminal.

It already has outline planning consent but the the proposed changes include:
  • an increase in the size of the car rental reception building by 118 m2
  • a reduction in total car parking spaces from 650 to 647
  • 12 car valet bays
  • 5 car wash bays
  • 6 car maintenance bays
  • a single storey welfare facility of 49 m2
Currently the car rental facilities are on two sites about a quarter of a mile apart. There are eight car rental companies: Europcar, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, Budget, Alamo, Enterprise and National.

Last week of existence for the car park in the old terminal building. Demolition starts 1 Oct. get your final photos soon.
How much of the old terminal building is being demolished this winter? I've noticed work with diggers taking place to the side of the car park betwen the car park and the taxiway leading to runway 27.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock