G-LSAL flying EXS157 Glasgow - Paphos diverted into Frankfurt this morning. Anyone know what happened?

Not sure but it was probably a medical divert. 'lbia' might be able to answer if he shows.

Just landed at quarter past 1... 5 hours late. Looks like he went out to Cyprus after going into FRA. with a delay like that I assume it must of been mechanical? Or is 5 hours a usual delay when there is a medical diversion?

the charter market is doing ok for the Glasgow base. looks more likely to be a 737 base now, anyone know if the 757 will be permanently based there? Or will G-LSAN be a shared resource with the likes of Newcastle or Manchester?

Geordiebob said:
the charter market is doing ok for the Glasgow base. looks more likely to be a 737 base now, anyone know if the 757 will be permanently based there? Or will G-LSAN be a shared resource with the likes of Newcastle or Manchester?

I think Jet2 needs the 757 in Glasgow in all honesty for the longer range flights to the Canaries and Turkey, but that is just my opinion

BBC news are reporting an emergency evacuation from a Jet2 at Glasgow this morning due to smoke in the cockpit.

Bigman said:
BBC news are reporting an emergency evacuation from a Jet2 at Glasgow this morning due to smoke in the cockpit.

Really bad news for Jet2 as you say Bigman

BBC News as you say are reporting that Glasgow Airport has been closed until 10:00am this morning by Jet 2 Boeing 737 -800, G-GDFJ which has aborted its take-off due to smoke in the cabin, the passengers have dissembarked the aircraft on the runway using the slides. There are up to four reported injuries as well.

Rickoza said:
Flying to Bodrum in July, any ideas which aircraft they will be using for this?

I think it might be the 757, but could possibly be the 738, what day is the flight. I think the 757. Definitely not the 733

Does anyone know if the self handling at GLA is full ramp, ops and customer service self handling or just front of house?

Hi

Looking for any views and info re Jet2 moving to self handling at GLA. Is it full self handling or just front of house? Are they handling for anyone else? What will happen when the Winter schedule kicks in?

Welcome to Forums4airports LH75 and happy New Year!

I am not up on what Jet2 are doing at Glasgow, hopefully somebody on here will know the answer. Jet2 do have full handling at Leeds but I'm not sure about what they do at their other bases.

I would think Manchester will self handle before Glasgow gets it. Personally i would see BLK get self handle if it's not already. Whilst were on this subject i believe ALC or AGP (can't remember which one) and LBA are the only airports in the Jet2 network to completley self handle.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock