Looks like Vueling may be expecting quite a few Welsh based Liverpool and Real Madrid fans to travel to Paris for the Champions league final on the 28th May. Screenshot_20220505-210324_Vueling.jpg

Anyone know why there was a Barcelona flight today? The aircraft flew on 11th May CWL - PMI. Was this cancelled on 11th and this flight was an empty leg back to BCN.

Yep i think it was Vueling positioning the aircraft back after it went tech the other day.

I had joyful trip this week courtesy of VY for the first time in 2 years!

I travelled to ALC on Tue 15 Feb and returned to CWL on Sat 19 Feb.

The flight on the way out was quite busy, probably around 90%+ full with a few empty seats toward the front. As for the return, I was reliably informed there was 97 on board - which personally for me was a nice load to allow people to spread out - and 160+ on the return to ALC.

As always it's good to see this route continuing for all the years it has and of course standing at 6 weekly this coming summer!

VY are an asset to CWL and they need to be protected from the approach of the ULCC practices of W9 at all costs*

What I will also add is the yield must be decent for this route as prior to travel I regularly checked the seat map and it seemed many people had chosen a fare that included a seat reservation, or had chosen to pay for one. Additionally there seemed to be a lot of in-flight food and drink sales from the catering available, which is always good to see on a low-cost flight.

Well done VY - long may your partnership with CWL and the travelling Welsh public continue!

(*I have a flight booked with W9 myself in September to ACE, so am not anti-Wizz by any means!)

Two months after my initial post, and now within 6 months of the W22/23 period beginning, there are still no flights on sale from VY.

I normally use VY every February for a visit to the Costa Blanca, but due to the ongoing delay I have now opted for W9 flights.

Am still hoping there is just a simple delay in releasing the schedule rather than VY pulling the plug on CWL winter flights altogether...

:unsure:

Seems VY have loaded the first two weeks of November for W22/23 with a 3 x weekly ALC and 2 x weekly AGP

Let’s hope the whole winter is added eventually!

Sadly, no sign of ORY continuing.

Seems VY have loaded the first two weeks of November for W22/23 with a 3 x weekly ALC and 2 x weekly AGP

That's good news. Personally I'd be surprised if Paris continues into the winter.

I spoke too soon!

The full W22/23 schedule has now appeared:

- ALC 3 x weekly (Tue, Fri, Sun)
- AGP 2 x weekly (Tue & Sat)

Great to see AGP continue year round with VY.

Vueling have loaded up Alicante for April and May for Summer 2023. It's 5 weekly Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
No Malaga or Mallorca yet.

Vueling have loaded up Alicante for April and May for Summer 2023. It's 5 weekly Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
No Malaga or Mallorca yet.
Seems they’ve gone on sale right up to 13 July now! Impressive that a low cost airline puts their schedule on sale more than 12 months in advance - and bodes well for booking passengers of course…

As Jerry says, it’s five weekly until the week commencing 19 June when it goes six weekly (no Saturday service)

Seems they’ve gone on sale right up to 13 July now! Impressive that a low cost airline puts their schedule on sale more than 12 months in advance - and bodes well for booking passengers of course…

As Jerry says, it’s five weekly until the week commencing 19 June when it goes six weekly (no Saturday service)
Any sign of Mallorca and Malaga?
I suspect the route might be used by a lot of package holiday providers so that could be why they release so far in advance.

And they keep loading...

ALC on sale right up to 31 August 2023!

(y)

Should we be concerned that AGP and PMI are still not on sale for S23, considering they are now for nearly all other routes from those airports?

Not concerned at the moment but if the routes aren't onsale by September then that'll be time to be concerned I think.

I would envisage ORY has either become seasonal (of which Paris generally isn't seasonal route), or was merely a slot sitting exercise for their newly acquired slots at ORY. Regardless, it's not on sale for Winter 22/23 which it should well have been by now...

Let's hope CWL can find a carrier willing to serve Paris more frequently and not just 3 x weekly on an A321 :cautious:

I would envisage ORY has either become seasonal (of which Paris generally isn't seasonal route), or was merely a slot sitting exercise for their newly acquired slots at ORY. Regardless, it's not on sale for Winter 22/23 which it should well have been by now...

Let's hope CWL can find a carrier willing to serve Paris more frequently and not just 3 x weekly on an A321 :cautious:
Considering the loads i doubt we'll see Orly back will Vueling. Problem with Paris for CWL is who else is their option? Only other option really is Air France with Hop.

To be honest I thought the loads were poor for June. Hoping to see a 10% plus increase in the loads for July. Pretty disappointing to see it considering there’s more competition. The longer they stall on releasing summer 23, the more people turn to Bristol. CWL needs Vueling.

To be honest I thought the loads were poor for June. Hoping to see a 10% plus increase in the loads for July. Pretty disappointing to see it considering there’s more competition. The longer they stall on releasing summer 23, the more people turn to Bristol. CWL needs Vueling.
Alicante is onsale, i don't see Paris coming back but i've been told Malaga and Mallorca will go onsale in September so hopefully that info will be correct. When they do again hopefully we'll see the frequencies increased on both routes.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock