The main body of this notification is now contained in the NOTAM/OAN thread.

OAN 15/2019 DHL TRANSITION

1.0 SUMMARY
1.1 DHL are taking over the handling of EasyJet aircraft. This OAN outlines the process for the transition,
including how the new DHL Ground Service Equipment (GSE) will enter the airfield and how it will be
allocated to aircraft during the transition period.

Last edited:
A new route to the Isle of Man has been been rumoured, however has now been cancelled and the 3 per week slots have apparently been reallocated to Belfast International.

According to various other sites the following new routes:

easyJet new routes on sale tomorrow:

This is from Dried Fruit

MAN - Bari (summer only Wednesdays and Saturdays)
MAN - Kalamata (summer only Tuesdays and Saturdays)
MAN - Jerez (year round Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday)
MAN - Nice (year round Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday)

3 extra flights a week from MAN to BFS on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and 1 extra flight a week from MAN to BUD on Wednesday.

Should we expect more route announcements for this summer as aircraft are due for delivery to MAN base or is everything fully utilised ?

I think the IOM was one of the intended new routes but it appears we have an extra 3 weekly flights to BFS instead.
Not sure there are any others to be announced but there are of course a number of new summer routes that carry forward from when they were introduced this winter, notably Barcelona.

Just looking at what's bookable and noticed that Berlin switches from Schoenefeld to Tegel in April. I missed that. Why the split op with some uk airports to either?

Tegel is seen as the higher yield airport and now the bigger Berlin airport for Easyjet ops so they want to move the bigger routes from SXF to TXL.

Winter timetable now out. Nice continues year round, but not Jerez. Otherwise largely the same as the winter just gone.

What do members on here think of potential new routes for Easyjet from Manchester, for Summer 20 and beyond?
I was looking at their current offerings, and was surprised that they don’t fly to Ibiza, even though there’s lots of competition. Also Figari in Corsica would be a nice seasonal destination, think we currently only have a dedicated Flybe charter to there.
They recently started Aqaba from LGW, hopefully, if it’s a success we will see them start MAN.

One key factor we must consider is what now happens with Thomas Cook Airlines. If Virgin were successful bidder for TCX long-haul, the UK short-haul division would be a great fit for EasyJet at MAN (if they were minded to make an offer). EasyJet's current S19 17-strong MAN base combined with the TCX UK S/H division would give them real strength here.

Of course, we (sadly) cannot discount a Monarch-style outcome for Thomas Cook Group if the current trajectory continues. Their airline division is on the market anyway. But if potential bidders prefer to wait they may fancy their chances of picking over the TCX carcass for free. In that case, I hope that EasyJet will be amongst those ready to jump in with replacement capacity and immediate recruitment of affected staff.

Whatever happens, Thomas Cook Airlines needs to pass into strong hands now. Virgin for long-haul and EasyJet for short-haul would be my preferred outcome. Preferably a seemless transition, with no traumatic Monarch / Germania-type failure along the way.

Courtesy of Airlineroute

easyJet revises new Manchester routes launch to early-August 2019
Posted 12 June 2019 04:30

easyJet in late-May 2019 moved forward planned service launch on selected routes from Manchester, previously scheduled from 17AUG19. Service to Bari and Jerez de la Frontera has been moved forward by 2 weeks, starting from 03AUG19. Operational aircraft also switched to A319/320 mix or A320-only.

Manchester – Bari eff 03AUG19 2 weekly A319/320 (Previous plan: A319)
U21825 MAN0800 – 1215BRI 320 6
U21825 MAN1630 – 2045BRI 319 3

U21826 BRI1250 – 1510MAN 320 6
U21826 BRI2130 – 2350MAN 319 3

Manchester – Jerez de la Frontera eff 03AUG19 3 weekly A320 (Previous plan: A319)
U21809 MAN0800 – 1200XRY 320 24
U21809 MAN1535 – 1935XRY 320 6

U21810 XRY1235 – 1440MAN 320 24
U21810 XRY2020 – 2225MAN 320 6

Easyjet's website has the following new routes for sale this winter:

Hurghada 2 per week
Verona 2pw
Rovaniemi 2 pw (21 Nov - 6 Jan)

Last edited:
HRG is definitely flavour of the month. Egypt is definitely coming back onto the scene; just a matter of when the government will lift the ban on SSH flights.

VRN must cater for the Ski Market/Lake and Mountain though don't really see it doing much in November. And Rovaniemi is the typical Santa; however scheduled which is always a good thing over charters.

15 based aircraft, W18 was x14, S19 is 17. New routes Hurghada, Rovaniemi and Verona, plus
Jersey and Nice continue from S19. Overall growth is +5% vs W18.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock