Surprised there hasn't been any base training circuits (yet), I'm sure Jet2 did some circuit bashing at BHX for their new based crew before they started here

Surprised there hasn't been any base training circuits (yet), I'm sure Jet2 did some circuit bashing at BHX for their new based crew before they started here
Jet2 was a wholly new operation at BHX, whereas Easyjet have been operating for many years. It's likely that flight crew who have requested a move to BHX are already familiar with operating from there.

Does anyone know for certain whether EasyJet will be basing aircraft this winter. Times a ticking and there are no winter package holidays on sale. Other holiday companies have had Winter 24 on sale for a long time already. @BHX492 maybe you might know 🤔

It is definitely a year round base, nearly all routes and based flights are bookable till then end of the November, well into the winter season. To my knowledge (though happy to be proven wrong) easyjet has never opened seasonal bases in the UK and the only seasonal basis it has is in Faro, Palma, Malaga and Alicante... seasonal summer destinations.

The winter schedules that are on sale now at other UK airports are "Copy and Pastes" of their Winter 23/24 schedules. Obviously BHX doesnt have one of these and i suspect it will still be being drafted. New Winter 24/25 routes (which i assume will include the BHX routes) are yet to be and will be announced in the coming weeks and months.

Does anyone know when easyjet tends to release its new Winter routes? Should be soon...? I wonder if we will see any news on Mondays Base Launch maybe?

It is definitely a year round base, nearly all routes and based flights are bookable till then end of the November, well into the winter season. To my knowledge (though happy to be proven wrong) easyjet has never opened seasonal bases in the UK and the only seasonal basis it has is in Faro, Palma, Malaga and Alicante... seasonal summer destinations.

The winter schedules that are on sale now at other UK airports are "Copy and Pastes" of their Winter 23/24 schedules. Obviously BHX doesnt have one of these and i suspect it will still be being drafted. New Winter 24/25 routes (which i assume will include the BHX routes) are yet to be and will be announced in the coming weeks and months.

Does anyone know when easyjet tends to release its new Winter routes? Should be soon...? I wonder if we will see any news on Mondays Base Launch maybe?
I did notice routes for sale up until the end of November. İ was referring more to the whole winter season. Do EasyJet really release their seasons this late? So many people have already secured their winter getaway with other operators, which is revenue lost to Tui and Jet2 et al. İt's not main winter booking season though so who knows.

Easyjet base opens tomorrow & I would think there may be a lot of press coverage & hopefully more route news ….?
I heard an advert on smooth radio for flights yesterday, but I’ve not seen/heard/noticed anything before.
Lets hope after all these years waiting it’s a great success
Simon

Whilst @BHX492 thankfully gave us a headsup that winter flights are due to go on sale Thursday (21st), i highly suspect - though with no intel - the routes will be announce at the launch tomorrow. Be good to hear at least and surely they would want to get the greatest platform in announcing the winter routes whilst also launching the base...

A big day tomorrow indeed.

It's a bittersweet one for me this EZY base launch, I'd got within two weeks of my start date to train to become a pilot with easyJet on an integrated course after completing all the assessments, getting a medical and securing a conditional job offer. I had said to my family that I hope easyJet opens a base in Birmingham one day, It'd be perfect if I was lucky enough to be approved to be based nearer to home. Unfortunately, then the pandemic started and it was all rescinded two weeks before my induction day at the training centre, I had sent my uniform request the same morning. Without oversharing during the pandemic my circumstances changed meaning the self-funded route wasn't possible at all anymore which was a difficult pill to swallow.

Always nice to think about what could've been, Still keeping at it though, trying to be lucky enough to secure a place on one of the few fully sponsored schemes on offer at the moment :)

Fantastic news for BHX that it has finally happened and I am looking forward to seeing the orange tail presence here grow and grow.

According to a post by Olton Pete on prune both todays inaugural flights to Barcelona and Antalya are fully booked outward as is the Barcelona return. Other new services this week Alicanti Enfidha and Malaga also showing full on the outbounds.

Gliderpilot, sorry to here about your experience must have been heartbreaking hope it works for you in the future.

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock