Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
CAA Passenger Stats for May 2012

During May 2012 a total of 879,689 passengers used Luton airport, up 2.2% on May last year.

Rolling year passenger totals stand at 9,580,033, up 5.3% year on year

Given that many airports are starting to feel the effects of the double dip recession Luton airport will be quite pleased with these figures.

• Admin
CAA Passenger Stats for June 2015

During June 2015 a total of 1,200,059 passengers used Luton airport, up 16.2% on June last year.

Rolling year passenger totals stand at 11,191,504, up 12.3% year on year

It's some time since I last checked the CAA passenger figures for Luton. The airport is performing exceptionally well and it has made significant progress since I last reviewed it at the back end of the major world recession in 2012.

August 2020

According to this report passenger numbers were down 56% in August. If that was replicated across the industry matters would be more encouraging than previously imagined, but LTN seems to have been performing far better than many airports through the summer as a whole so these figures will doubtless turn out to be exceptional and not the 'norm'.

August 2020

According to this report passenger numbers were down 56% in August. If that was replicated across the industry matters would be more encouraging than previously imagined, but LTN seems to have been performing far better than many airports through the summer as a whole so these figures will doubtless turn out to be exceptional and not the 'norm'.

Most airports will be down 80% in August, Luton has the benefits of having Wizz !

Most airports will be down 80% in August, Luton has the benefits of having Wizz !
Last week I looked at the recovery time taken by a number of airports following the major recession of the later 'noughties' this century. I posted my findings in the BRS General thread as I was primarily looking at BRS's performance. BRS was an airport that was affected later than many and to a lesser degree; it was also amongst the first to begin its recovery. Nevertheless, it took six years for BRS to get back to its pre-recession passenger numbers.

There are still several UK top 20 airports (measured by passenger volume) that have not regained their pre-recession passenger numbers a decade later: NCL, LPL, EMA and CWL for starters.

The pandemic has impacted the industry to a far greater extent than the recession (which was bad enough). No-one can even make a realistic educated guess at the present time as to the recovery timescale. As with the 'noughties' recession recovery is not likely to be evenly spread when it does begin.

CAA Stats 2022
Luton saw 13,324,491 passengers use the airport in 2022 up 185% on 2021 (4,674,800)
Aircraft movements was 118,063

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock