Know this doesn't totally fit the thread title, but there isn't another thread that would suit it.

Looking on Fightradar the SQ 21 EWR to SIN was almost overhead BRS (few miles south) at 37000, 508 knots at about 20.45 on 25th Nov.

Maybe its nothing out of the ordinary, but I've never seen it before

508 knots at cruising altitude seems normal and nothing out of the ordinary. I'm not too sure about the routing though.

EWR-SIN is a unique route. It all depends on the wind. It has 3 options over the Pacific over the North pole and over the Atlantic so we might see it over head now and then.

Titan Airways A321 (G-POWU) due in empty from EFIV (Ivalo, Finland) at around 5:00pm this evening. It will overnight and depart back to Ivalo tomorrow morning at 7:00am.

It operated out to Ivalo from Bournemouth earlier today having positioned in from Stansted this morning.

Titan Airways A321 (G-POWU) overnighted and departed today to EFIV (Ivalo, Finland) at around 7:30am this morning.

It then operated empty to Exeter where it will overnight and depart tomorrow morning presumably back out to Ivalo.

Titan Airways A321 (G-POWU) is due in from EFIV (Ivalo, Finland) at around 4:30pm this evening. It will then depart empty back to STN.

It operated out to Ivalo from Bournemouth earlier today having overnighted there.

4x Lapland departures today.
- easyJet A320 (G-EZRV) departed to EFKT (Kittilä, Finland) at around 6:30am this morning and is due back at 3pm.
- easyJet A320 (OE-IVW) also departed to EFKT (Kittilä, Finland) at around 7:00am this morning and is due back at 4:30pm.
- TUI Airways B757-200 (G-OOBP) departed to EFKT (Kittilä, Finland) at around 6:40am this morning and is due back at 3:30pm.
- Thomas Cook Airlines A321 (G-TCVB) departed to EFRO (Rovaniemi, Finland) at around 8:30am this morning and is due back at 11:30pm.

With todays santa flights and the santa flights through the week,there is a good range. Brs seems to do well out of these santa flights. Is this more of a offering last year do we know.

Titan Airways A321 (G-POWU) is due in empty from BOH at around 6:00pm this evening. It will overnight and depart to Ivalo, Finland tomorrow morning at 7:00am.

(I may have missed some EZY departures before the 29th Nov) but so far this year, the departures to Lapland are as follows:

Thu 29th Nov - AWC A321 - Ivalo, Finland
Sun 2nd Dec - EZY A320 - Kittilä, Finland
Sun 2nd Dec -TUI B752 - Kittilä, Finland
Sun 2nd Dec - TCX A321 Rovaniemi, Finland

I found it Impressive that on the first Monday of December, there are 83 scheduled departures today. If you then add the corporate shuttles and biz-jet movements it makes around 190 movements today!

The following aircraft are based and have operated today:
15x EZY(5x A319, 2x A32N, 7x A320*) *(an eighth A320 departed to LPL in the afternoon)
6x BMR (1x E135, 5x E145*) *(a sixth E145 positioned to Brussels)
4x RYR B738
2x TUI B752
1x TCX A321
1x KLM E190
=29 (+2 that positioned out today)

Below is a breakdown of todays scheduled departures, which include 11 European capitals!

UK (18)
Scotland (11) - EDI (5) / GLA(4) / INV / ABZ
Northern Ireland (3) - BFS
England (2) - NCL
Jersey & Guernsey (2) - GCI / JER

Spain (11)
Mainland(8) - ALC (2) / AGP (2) / MAD / BCN / VLC / SVQ
Canary Islands (3) - TFS / ACE / LPA (Charter)

Germany (9) - FRA (3) / MUC (2) / SXF / HAM / CGN / DUS

Ireland (7) - DUB (6), ORK

Netherlands (6) - AMS

France (6) - CDG (4) / TLS / BOD

Poland (5) - KRK (2) / POZ / GDN / RZE

Belgium (4) - BRU

Italy (4) - VCE (2) / FCO / PSA

Egypt (2) - HRG (Charter)

Portugal (2) - FAO / FNC

Sweden (2) - ARN / GOT

Switzerland (2) - GVA

Cyprus (1) - PFO

Czech Republic (1) - PRG

Denmark (1) - CPH

Greece (1) - ATH

Lithuania (1) - KUN

Thank you for that, Severn. It's particularly noteworthy that this is one of the quietest times of the year (January is probably the quietest). Not so many years ago 83 daily departures would only be seen in peak summer. This summer there were up to 110 daily departures, not counting the corporate shuttles and bizjets. BRS has grown substantially in recent winters.

Titan Airways A321 (G-POWU) overnighted and departed today to EFIV (Ivalo, Finland) at around 7:30am this morning. It then operated back to Stansted.

(I may have missed some EZY departures before the 29th Nov) but so far this year, the departures to Lapland are as follows:

Sun 2nd Dec - TCX A321 - Rovaniemi, Finland
Tue 4th Dec - AWC A321 - Ivalo, Finland

Another 2x Lapland departures today.
- easyJet A320 (G-EZWF) departed to EFKT (Kittilä, Finland) at around 6:30am this morning and is due back at 3pm.
- TUI Airways B757-200 (G-OOBF) departed to EFKT (Kittilä, Finland) at around 8:00am this morning and is due back at 4:00pm.

Sun 2nd Dec - TCX A321 - Rovaniemi, Finland
Tue 4th Dec - AWC A321 - Ivalo, Finland
Wed 5th Dec - EZY A320 - Kittilä, Finland
Wed 5th Dec -TUI B752 - Kittilä, Finland

Titan Airways A321 (G-POWU) is due in from EFIV (Ivalo, Finland) at around 4:15pm this afternoon. It will then depart empty to EMA.
It operated out to Ivalo from Cardiff earlier today having overnighted there.

Also, an interesting one.... OY-PAE is an ex-Primera A321-251N and has been living in Newquay since mid-October. It is destined for Alitalia and looks like it will be doing a test flight from NQY over towards Ireland this afternoon. It is due into BRS after the test-flight for 20mins before heading back to NQY.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock