Sadly I think mxp has been dropped. However some very good figures for Frankfurt and Munich in August caa figures. Time for a frequency/ capacity increase must be surely due

Sadly I think mxp has been dropped. However some very good figures for Frankfurt and Munich in August caa figures. Time for a frequency/ capacity increase must be surely due
Yet in the recent press release offering flights in connection with the CHSW charity this paragraph was included.

flybmi has donated a pair of return tickets to the individual Santa who raises the highest sponsorship. The lucky individual has the option of flying out of Bristol to one of its many European destinations: Aberdeen, Brussels, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Gothenburg, Hamburg, Munich, Milan or Paris. The tickets will be valid for travel until 30 June 2019 with all taxes and charges for the flights paid by flybmi.

I know I bang on about it but Milan must surely be hugely underserved. Ryanair operates its 3 x weekly to Bergamo but flybmi has been tinkering with MXP for a number of years. If MXP is really a non-starter for easyJet it's one of those puzzles that confounds someone like me outside the industry.

Even more puzzling is that MXP is a pretty big base for Easyjet i believe.

It is indeed but with FR already operating the route they may be concerned about filling a A319 or 20 as two weekly flights wouldn't be enough to compete with Ryanair so they would probably want to operate 3 or more, which would probably make the route unsuccessful. So maybe its better to be left alone...

It is indeed but with FR already operating the route they may be concerned about filling a A319 or 20 as two weekly flights wouldn't be enough to compete with Ryanair so they would probably want to operate 3 or more, which would probably make the route unsuccessful. So maybe its better to be left alone...
easyJet used to operate MXP at daily (7 x weekly) against Ryanair's daily (7 x weekly) to BGY.

Apart from the usual sun routes that easyJet and Ryanair compete on they also go head to head on Venice Marco Polo (easyJet 4 x weekly to daily in winter and daily for much of summer: Ryanair 5 x weekly throughout the year) and Krakow (easyJet 4-5 x weekly throughout the year: Ryanair 4 x weekly in winter and 3 x weekly in summer). Ryanair is also about to compete this winter on easyJet's new Seville route (started summer 2018) which easyJet is increasing from 2 x weekly to 3 x weekly next summer against Ryanair's 2 x weekly this winter and next summer.

Given that these routes can stand competition between the two low cost airlines, a destination of the prominence of Milan does seem underserved.

I keep banging on how both airlines compete fairly successfully on krakow , Venice and seville plus many sun routes and yet Rome , Madrid and Barcelona are left alone . Doesn't make sense

Official Airline Partner of Bristol City FC

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-launch-new-partnership-with-flybmi/

I missed this announcement in the summer. flybmi will fly the football club to its matches in the current season with advertising at the ground, although they are not a shirt sponsor.

If someone posted this information earlier in the year please accept my apologies.

Extra flights starting to be added for next summer. There’s a third flight on Mondays and a second on Saturdays both to Munich. However Milan and Gothenburg are not on sale

Extra flights starting to be added for next summer. There’s a third flight on Mondays and a second on Saturdays both to Munich. However Milan and Gothenburg are not on sale
I wonder how the Leonardo (previously AugustaWestland) helicopter people at Yeovil are getting to Milan thses days. There was a time when a coach brought them to BRS from the Somerset town for the flights.

Wasn't BRS-GOT originally introduced at 2 x weekly to have an aircraft at Gothenburg available to operate a sporadic route from there: in other words revenue-earning 'positioning' movements.

Milan operated at just 3 x weekly to Begamo by Ryanair seems markedly under-served.

If not already known.......FlyBMI are taking over the TLS Airbus shuttle ( in the southsite) from tomorrow.

Dont Airbus know about the appalling delays and cancellations in the past 2 years?

If not already known.......FlyBMI are taking over the TLS Airbus shuttle ( in the southsite) from tomorrow.

Dont Airbus know about the appalling delays and cancellations in the past 2 years?
It was reported earlier but I didn't know the changeover was from tomorrow. Many thanks for that.

If it's contracted work BMI will likely prioritise these flights.

I don't know where flybmi will be getting aircraft from to operate this shuttle - I believe that it requires two and we know that last year flybmi cancelled numerous flights from BRS reportedly because of a lack of aircraft at times (and a lack of crew). flybmi seems to be transferring aircraft to sister company Logan Air, although it's been reported that the BRS-BRU route will be taken over by CityJet later this year.

flybmi currently has 17 aircraft in its fleet - 3x E135 and 14x E145. 1x E145 is currently in maintenance in Portugal, the rest are all active.
Loganair currently has 1x E135 and 1x E145 (currently in maintenance) in its fleet, both of which are ex-flybmi

The Airbus shuttle requires 2x E145s which operate Bristol-Chester and Bristol-Toulouse. Some of these flights depart Chester/Toulouse, stop in Bristol to pick-up/drop-off passengers before continuing to the other destination. Each aircraft operate 3-4 sectors a day and depending on the day will overnight in either Toulouse, Bristol or Chester.

The flybmi scheduled operation at Bristol requires 5x aircraft (2x E135s and 3x E145s) (an extra E145 is required for the GOT flights I believe)
The flybmi schedule this Winter sees 74x departures per week:
FRA - 18x weekly
BRU - 16x weekly
CDG - 11x weekly
MUC - 10x weekly
ABZ - 6x weekly
DUS - 6x weekly
HAM - 5x weekly
GOT - 2x weekly

The flybmi fleet as of tomorrow morning (Monday 7th January 2019) will be based at the following:

BRS (Bristol) - 7 (2x E135, 3x E145 for flybmi operations) + (2x E145 - operates the Airbus Shuttle. These aircraft overnight between Chester, Bristol or Toulouse)

MUC (Munich) - 3 (1x E135, 2x E145) - operates to Bergamo, Italy / Bristol / Brno, Czech Republic / Lublin, Poland / Norrköping, Sweden / Rostock, Germany / Saarbrücken, Germany

BRU (Brussels) - 2 (1x E145 - operates for Brussels Airlines to Strasbourg, France and Hannover, Germany) (1x E145 - operates flybmi operations to Bristol / East Midlands / Nuremberg, Germany / Newcastle

ABZ (Aberdeen) - 1 (1x E145) - operates to Bristol / Esbjerg, Denmark / Oslo, Norway

NCL (Newcastle)- 1 (1x E145) - operates to Stavanger, Norway / Brussels, Belgium

LDY (Derry) - 1 (1x E145) - operates the LDY-STN public service flights

KSD (Karlstad, Sweden) - 1 (1x E145) - operates to Jönköping, Sweden / Frankfurt, Germany

Many thanks for that, Severn. Most illuminating.

The flyBMI aircraft going off the runway on the 22nd December 2017 was caused by the pilot leaving the brakes on before landing.
https://www.samfm.co.uk/bristol/new...unway-at-bristol-airport-due-to-brake-mix-up/
Thanks for that link Jerry.

I've located the AAIB accident report

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5c111497ed915d0b7f404150/EMB-145EP_G-CKAG_01-19.pdf

which concludes the incident arose "as a result of the inadvertent selection of the Emergency/Parking brake instead of the speed brake".

Interestingly the flight crew consisted of a captain under training in the left hand seat who was new to the type and to the airline, and in the right hand seat was a company training captain who was the flight commander.

It sounds just such a simple mistake to make in selecting the wrong lever but I'm sure it's more complicated than that. The main thing is that no one was hurt.

I note on the dried plum the BMI GOT to and from BRS is dropped with immediate effect.The poster seems to think they have lost the work out of GOT.

I note on the dried plum the BMI GOT to and from BRS is dropped with immediate effect.The poster seems to think they have lost the work out of GOT.
I think that BRS-GOT was really a revenue-earning positioning flight to get the aircraft to GOT to enable it to operate a charter route from there to France. It was an unbalanced flight from-to BRS in that the two outbounds operated on different days to the inbounds. I presume the charter flights from GOT have now ceased or are to be operated by another airline. I thought I read a week or two ago that BRS-GOT was to cease.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock