Update from Airlineroute for 16th October:

Cathay Pacific schedules limited-time Manchester service in Dec 2020
Posted 16 October 2020 06:00

Cathay Pacific during the month of December 2020 schedules 6 round-trip Hong Kong – Manchester service, on board Airbus A350-1000XWB aircraft. From Hong Kong, service operates on following dates in Dec 2020: 09, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19. Manchester departs on following dates in Dec 2020: 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 20.

CX219 HKG0135 – 0630MAN 351
CX216 MAN1125 – 0705+1HKG 351

Cathay Pacific OPS MAN

Cathay Pacific have scheduled 8 Hong Kong-Manchester flights between 24th Aug and 9th Sept with the A350.
This is likely to be student traffic. Normal flights are slated to begin on 31st Oct, although obviously subject to change. Thanks to the aero network for highlighting.

Many thanks
SPD travels
@SPD_travels.

Yep it’s down for T2 but these flights are for Students until October when they plan to operate 2x weekly

I wonder what routing they will take however given the circumstances.

Unlike Singapore, which is further south and therefore easier to circumnavigate Russia, Hong Kong would require a longer routing and therefore long block/flight time.

• Thanks
Reactions: CM.
I wonder what routing they will take however given the circumstances.

Unlike Singapore, which is further south and therefore easier to circumnavigate Russia, Hong Kong would require a longer routing and therefore long block/flight time.

The current LHR flights seem to route initially NW through China, then West across Kazakstan towards Istanbul before heading to the UK, so I imagine they'll be taking a similar route on all the European flights.

5th weekly flight is loaded from the start of February.
Yes, the CX web site is showing a 5th flight in Feb. on one of the current blank days - Sunday. Assuming it's not just temporary, perhaps CX have found they have an a/c and crew to modestly boost MAN's frequency. Don't know about yields but the LFs would certainly justify it.

Yes, the CX web site is showing a 5th flight in Feb. on one of the current blank days - Sunday. Assuming it's not just temporary, perhaps CX have found they have an a/c and crew to modestly boost MAN's frequency. Don't know about yields but the LFs would certainly justify it.
We recently flew return to HKG. My straw poll says hi 90s % full.

Was having a read of the most recent Airliner World magazine to which there was an article about Cathay Pacific. It stated they intend to be at 100% of pre pandemic levels by the end of 2024. Which should see Cathay return to pre pandemic frequency.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock