The airport has announced 535,000 passengers were handled in August.
Last August the CAA showed 510,311 so that's an increase of 4.8% on a year ago.

Quite a positive feature in Travel Weekly

Liverpool airport defies strikes to raise August numbers
by Phil Davies Sep 5th 2018, 12:10
easid-298889-media-id-14431.jpg

Liverpool John Lennon airport overcame strike action by a group of workers to see passenger numbers edge up by 3% in August.

The year-on-year growth saw more than 535,000 passengers use the airport last month – the highest monthly figure in seven years.

The summer peak month performance contributed to a 2.5% increase in business for the year to date.

Almost 3.5 million passengers have used the airport this year – more than 86,000 than in 2017.

Eighty airport staff represented by the GMB union took strike action over pay over August bank holiday and is threatening a series of further strikes

But new services helped boost passenger levels, including flights to Palma and Malaga by Blue Air; to Pula, Dalaman and Palermo by easyJet; Shannon by Ryanair and Wideroe to Bergen.

Higher passenger loads were also seen on existing well established routes.

Queue times for passengers to go through airport security remained low throughout August with 98% of passengers taking ten minutes or less.

Growth is expected to continue in the coming months with a number of new routes, including Wizz Air flights to Cluj, Iasi and Bucharest; Ryanair to Paphos and easyJet to Toulouse.

August average load factor was 91 % . I noticed some big increase on certain route like Paris up 50% and Derry up 48%. Nante 44 % .Lisbon still increasing ( 10 per cent 94 % LF) even through route which is provided by Easyjet is going soon !

Analysis of statistics for August 2018

Liverpool Statistics - August 2018 (Part 1)

Monthly figures - based on CAA statistics

Monthly passengers - 528,801 +3.6%
Moving Annual Total - 4,984,378 +2.9%

Monthly Movements - 3,458 +2.1%
Moving Annual Movements - 35,542 -1.3%

Liverpool Statistics - August 2018 (Part 2)

Top 25 destinations - by passenger numbers

View attachment 10387
Note: Belfast City and Jersey have yet to submit figures.

CAA statistics for August 2018 are provisional

Liverpool Statistics - August 2018 (Part 3)

Top 25 destinations with highest percentage increase.

View attachment 10388

CAA statistics for August are provisional.

Liverpool Statistics - August 2018 (Part 4)

Comparison of top 25 destinations from August 2008 with August 2018.

View attachment 10389

Note: Belfast City have, as yet, not submitted figures for August 2018

Liverpool Statistics - September 2018

Monthly figures - based on CAA statistics

Monthly passengers - 477,443 +5.8%
Moving Annual Total - 5,010,442 +3.0%%
Monthly Movements - 3,340 +3.9%
Moving Annual Movements - 35,666 -0.4%

Top 25 destinations - by passenger numbers
View attachment 10843
Note: Belfast City and Jersey have yet to submit figures.

Top 25 destinations with highest percentage increase.
View attachment 10844

Comparison of top 25 destinations from September 2008 with September 2018.
View attachment 10845

Note: Belfast City have, as yet, not submitted figures for September 2018
For true comparison fights in 2018 operate to Rome (Fiumicino) and carried 3,751 passenger

According to Liverpool Airports ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- page over 467,000 used the terminal in October.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock