Ryanair operates to Krakow year-round from Bristol as does easyJet. Prague or Rome might be more likely if looking at city destinations. In recent years Ryanair has been more and more coming onto easyJet routes at Bristol away from the sun routes. If they had a thought of taking on easyJet's Rome or Prague they might have done it by now.

Incidentally, Lauda is not actually operating BOH-PMI in its own right. It's operating for Ryanair on some days of the week under FR flight numbers. It's doing the same on one of the BRS-PMI flights each week. Conversely, the new Lauda Bristol-Vienna service beginning next year (another easyJet route) sees one of the flights each week operated by Ryanair under an OE flight number.

So it can be a mix and match, and if it's a Palma route for CWL it might well be operated by Lauda for Ryanair under FR flight numbers. The negative aspect to Lauda operating on a route for Ryanair is fewer seats per flight - 180 v 189.

But as was said in an earlier post about this subject, Ryanair often surprises. Their latest Bristol route is Brest. I can't see it lasting but who would have guessed that one?

Purely speculation for CWL, but BFS-ALC has been axed for summer 2020.
FAO and BCN already previously could.
Thinking optimistically, could see CWL-ALC take its place and maybe increases in FAO/BCN.

Purely speculation for CWL, but BFS-ALC has been axed for summer 2020.
FAO and BCN already previously could.
Thinking optimistically, could see CWL-ALC take its place and maybe increases in FAO/BCN.
Could be. Obviously alicante is a mainstay route which they'd probably end up operating eventually. With Flybes withdrawal FAO would for certain sustain another frequency and with BCN they seem to be doing well there with them not being too far off Vueling figures and they were 3 weekly.

Ryanair have cut a lot of routes and closed bases,but there is more to come on route cuts etc. They have quoted the problems with the max delivery and also the b738 that has shown up problems.It looks like they doing this rather than get second hand aircraft or dare I say airbus.

Doesn't mean that at some airports they won't add flights and routes, just that their European wide expansion will be slowed.

So is the Ryanair news that they are going to fly the rugby flights from Bristol from now on? Disappointing Cardiff can't even get a few rugby flights now! Oh and it's with Dublin based aircraft!

Last edited:
It would seem so. There isn't anything mentioned on the airport's social media, as is usual for any sort of significant announcement.

I wonder what the reason is for operating them from Bristol especially as they are for Welsh rugby fans and a lot of those will now have much longer journeys to use these flights. I know it's only just a few flights but Cardiff doesn't seem to be able to catch a break at the moment!

The original post referred to something potentially being announced. A route not returning wouldn't be announced by the Airport and wouldn't come as news.
The Dublin flights are likely something completely different. Although I would be surprised if they are stopped, they would be definite easy money spinners for Ryanair or any Airline and for the sake of a few flights I find it hard to believe that BRS would be favorable in some kind of deal.
Who knows, maybe there is more to come that tie in with Rugby flights being release?

Aer Lingus have also added flights from Bristol as well but it'll be interesting to see if in 2021 Ryanair and Aer Lingus treat the Irish vans differently and airlift them into Cardiff or operate into Bristol and expect them to travel to Cardiff from there.

Sadly it looks like Girona is being launched everywhere except Cardiff!

Sadly it looks like Girona is being launched everywhere except Cardiff!
Isn't it just a case of Girona flights being reinstated next summer at airports that have had them in previous summers but which until recently looked as though would be axed at most of them? EXT, like CWL, for example has never had a Ryanair GRO route and I'm not aware of them having one next summer.

Isn't it just a case of Girona flights being reinstated next summer at airports that have had them in previous summers but which until recently looked as though would be axed at most of them? EXT, like CWL, for example has never had a Ryanair GRO route and I'm not aware of them having one next summer.
I have no idea, i think it's just a pity that if Ryanair has reopened it's Girona base that CWL is missing out.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock