The BBC is reporting Heathrow airport bosses are seeking a 20% reduction in traffic tomorrow because of the impending storm.

Looks like airlines are being told to cancel services tomorrow Only BA's are known per Flightradar 24. All departures

10:45 AM BA926 Munich (MUC) British Airways Canceled
11:35 AM BA904 Frankfurt (FRA) British Airways Canceled
11:35 AM BA974 Hamburg (HAM) British Airways Canceled
11:45 AM BA308 Paris (CDG) British Airways Canceled
11:45 AM BA562 Milan (LIN) British Airways Canceled
11:50 AM BA754 Basel (BSL) British Airways Canceled
12:10 PM BA1308 Aberdeen (ABZ) British Airways Canceled
12:15 PM BA1332 Newcastle (NCL) British Airways Canceled
12:20 PM BA1342 Leeds (LBA) British Airways Canceled
12:50 PM BA438 Amsterdam (AMS) British Airways Canceled
1:00 PM BA716 Zurich (ZRH) British Airways Canceled
1:25 PM BA780 Stockholm (ARN) British Airways Canceled
1:30 PM BA402 Brussels (BRU) British Airways Canceled
1:35 PM BA836 Dublin (DUB) British Airways Canceled
2:00 PM BA722 Geneva (GVA) British Airways Canceled
2:10 PM BA954 Munich (MUC) British Airways Canceled
2:10 PM BA908 Frankfurt (FRA) British Airways Canceled
2:10 PM BA1448 Edinburgh (EDI) British Airways Canceled
3:00 PM BA734 Geneva (GVA) British Airways Canceled
3:10 PM BA1486 Glasgow (GLA) British Airways Canceled
3:15 PM BA1396 Manchester (MAN) British Airways Canceled
3:35 PM BA462 Madrid (MAD) British Airways Canceled
3:50 PM BA944 Dusseldorf (DUS) British Airways Canceled
4:00 PM BA986 Berlin (TXL) British Airways Canceled
4:40 PM BA912 Frankfurt (FRA) British Airways Canceled
5:50 PM BA1492 Glasgow (GLA) British Airways Canceled
5:55 PM BA328 Paris (CDG) British Airways Canceled
6:20 PM BA828 Dublin (DUB) British Airways Canceled
6:20 PM BA1458 Edinburgh (EDI) British Airways Canceled
6:50 PM BA426 Amsterdam (AMS) British Airways Canceled
7:10 PM BA738 Geneva (GVA) British Airways Canceled
7:10 PM BA756 Basel (BSL) British Airways Canceled
7:15 PM BA720 Zurich (ZRH) British Airways Canceled
7:40 PM BA376 Toulouse (TLS) British Airways Canceled

Looks like airlines are being told to cancel services tomorrow Only BA's are known per Flightradar 24. All departures

Airlines are not told to cancel flights as such. There is a collaborative decision making process involving the airlines to potentially reduce flights when it is expected that the aerodrome and/or TMA will not be able to provide the capacity required, but this is due to extended LVPs or adverse weather in and around the TMA which would reduce the arrival/departures rates.

However, the cancellations today are due to snow not LVP. I doubt there has been any call from HAL or NATS for any reduction in the flying programme. BA however have decided to pro-actively cancel a number of flights (mainly domestic and short haul), in anticipation of needing to provide de-icing during the day for the forecast precipitation. BA is solely responsible for de-icing it's own aircraft at LHR, and the cancellations are an acknowledgment that BA does not have the resources to de-ice at a rate which would allow the normal program to be maintained. Other airlines operating at LHR have made their own decisions on whether they think they have enough resources to de-ice their aircraft today.

With BA de ice their own aircraft,is it their own de ice gear if so ,do they de ice other airlines aircrafts

With BA de ice their own aircraft,is it their own de ice gear if so ,do they de ice other airlines aircrafts

Yes it’s their own people and gear they use to de-ice their own aircraft. I would imagine IB who also use T5 depend on BA de-icing their aircraft but I suspect that’s it. Other airlines will have their own handling agents.

HAL are responsible for clearing the manoeuvring areas including taxiways and runways.

Some cancellations at Heathrow today. The airport has reduced its flow rate due to the forecast high winds.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock