Aer Lingus has launched its first transatlantic service from the UK, with its non-stop route from Manchester to Barbados. Meanwhile, from 1 December, the airline will begin operating its first ever non-stop flights from Manchester to New York JFK.

Aer Lingus will also start a third new route from Manchester to Orlando on 11 December.

Emerald have started to put Belfast City Flights on sale. Not everything is at the moment but should be soon.

Manchester- Belfast City is planned to be 25 weekly flights

Seanm1997

I’m not sure tbh. I’ve not seen anything yet to suggest they will operate flights from Cork or Shannon. But I think for now atleast Ryanair have that route covered.

some positive news on Aer Lingus (UK)....

https://www.iairgroup.com/~/media/Files/I/IAG/documents/q4-2022-financial-results-presentation.pdf

On the Aer Lingus slide (page 30), for the 4th Quarter profits, it does state

"Manchester base profitable"

and from RTE (https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2023/0224/1358556-aer-lingus-records-operating-profit-of-45m-in-2022)

"The new Aer Lingus Manchester base also performed well in its first full year of operations, it said.

Aer Lingus CEO, Lynne Embleton, said she could see further growth from there."

Boston (BOS) never started? Plans just need dusting off and launching.
Chicago (ORD) - lots of data from past flights to justify; aer lingus major op
Then gets a bit ? when looking at present Dublin network.
Cleveland (CLE)
Hartford (BDL)
Los Angeles (LAX)
Philadelphia (PHL)
San Francisco (SFO)
Seattle (SEA)
Toronto (YYZ)
Washington (IAD)

BOS will, I expect, be a priority as it was in the initial batch of destinations which would be A321LR territory

Then it depends on how they want the make up of the base,

Going 1 A321LR with 3 A330s means that LAX or SFO may feature 3 or 4 weekly (and perhaps throw in a Caribbean destination a couple of times a week

Going as planed originally with 2 A321LR and 2 A330s then I would see a case for ORD being added

PHL is something I'm expecting AA to restart psot 2024 with their A321s

With EasyJet, Ryanair and Emerald / Aer Lingus Regional all serving Belfast with high frequencies from MAN this Summer, we have a great opportunity for cheap day trips (or longer stays if preferred). Some great places to visit. Day pass on NI Railways network is really good value. Buses too. Return air fare to Belfast off peak in the same ballpark as return rail Manchester-Birmingham, and far more likely to operate. Good deals to DUB too. Also an excellent full day out.

Why not treat yourself to a day out? I do. Often!

12%!!! Tempted to run some numbers but chores/errands... Absolute gold mine of TATL traffic to be unearthed! Just needs a quality op with 'proper' service i.e. full class daily and long term commitment with development. Top it off with pre-clearance and I'll buy some IAG shares! Just hope they don't retry the failed European experiment.

This slide from the latest IAG presentation may be of interest.

A sign of things to come....? ;)

b6VUPA0.png

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock