Asda own the land. thats why you have Tiger bay store over the other side of the water. You can nearly throw a stone from 1 store to the other.
Do you mean the store on Ferry road? They aren't exactly a stones throw from each other.

I’m assuming this query is due to this weeks announcement regarding Cardiff City requesting planning permission for Academy in Llanrumney?
Have they? I know the council have plans to build new sporting facilities for the local football and rugby teams as part of the A48 access road project. Didn't know Cardiff City fc were involved.

I’m assuming this query is due to this weeks announcement regarding Cardiff City requesting planning permission for Academy in Llanrumney?

would be interested to know what land in Asda Lear Leckwith has any relevance to aviation. I know this thread is called random stuff however this is something else.

Several airport forums on F4A have Random threads. The idea is that anything can be discussed as long as it's not illegal or against forum rules, usually pertaining to the wider area covered by the airport in question; in CWL's case that's anything relating to Wales. For example, a regular topic in the CWL Random thread is the question of independence for Wales.

Local aviation topics can normally find a home in one of the aviation threads within a particular airport forum, although sometimes aviation-related themes do find their way into a Random thread.

The South East Wales Transport Commission has released it's findings for alternatives to the M4 relief road. The recommendations are for a cohesive railway, bus and cycle system would cost between £590million and £840million to create - including six train stations and an overhaul of other public transport systems.
"The recommendations include:

• Increasing the number of stations between Cardiff and the River Severn from three to nine. Rail stations have been recommended at Newport Road, Cardiff Parkway, Newport West, Newport East, Llanwern and Magor.
  • Creating new rapid bus and commuter cycle corridors across Cardiff and Newport. These would run parallel to the new proposed railway stations which follow the M4.
  • Creating a network of bus and cycle corridors within Newport
  • Making a ticket system across all services using a "cross-city zonal fare system"
  • Creating a cycle hire scheme
  • Co-ordinating bus and rail timetables, with services running every 15 minutes. Train service frequencies should be "at least" four trains per hour wherever reasonable.
  • Making sure transport fares are "affordable for all"
The commission also says while it accepts there is "capacity restraints" in the Severn tunnels, it supports Welsh Government proposals for additional London and Bristol Temple Meads trail services to Cardiff, Swansea and west Wales.

A number of upgrades have been recommended away from the main railway line. The commission recommends upgrades to:

• The Maesteg line - particularly the reinstatement of the Garw loop, to allow two trains per hour along the line
  • Completing the Ebbw Vale Line - including the branch to a new station at Abertillery, as already proposed
    by Welsh Government, to allow for four trains per hour and to provide services directly to Newport
  • Upgrades to the Bridgend station - to allow increased capacity for terminating services from east of Cardiff
  • Changes to Newport station - to improve capacity and journey times. The commission says there is a "particular opportunity to upgrade platform one, as this could allow for ‘cheek to cheek’ interchange with bus services."

Bit of a crass act by someone in BA's media team. Yet again social media shows that too many people don't put their brain in gear (if they have one) before opening their mouth, or in this case their keyboard.

I didn't know that BA sponsored the England rugby team. Do they sponsor any of the other home nations? If not that would surely upset some people too. I know that BA is a private company but with the name of the company including the word 'British' and its claim to be the British flag carrier (I"m never quite sure what that means when an airline is not the nationalised airline of a country) it should be even-handed, in public at least.

I know that BA doesn't serve the whole of the UK - it doesn't serve Wales or the whole of England for that matter - but that can be explained as a commercial decision.

Incidentally, I note that Welshman Huw Edwards of the BBC tweeted that he loves easyJet. They don't serve Wales either unless he knows something that we don't.

A related question. How does this Autumn Cup work? I know there are two mini leagues with four countries in each who play each other once within their league. I believe that the teams that finish top in the two leagues then play each other, the second teams in each league play each other and so on. Does that mean that the only team that can win the competition is the winner of the match between the teams that finish at the top of the leagues? If so, what is the purpose of the other teams playing each other in the final round? A way to determine the final overall placings of all eight teams with the winner of the second placed teams awarded third place and so on?

Think another issue with the post is that they employ over 900 staff in Wales across their 3 sites. Used to be far more.

I wasn’t aware they sponsored them either but when your British Airways, a brand been going for a lifetime you would think when you would have a bit of class.

I think the winners of the top of the group play each other in the Final. So England were top of A so they played the winner of Scotland V France next week in Twick

Cant recall seeing any thing rugby related on the BA aircraft. When after the match the tv interviewed the English captain with a sponsorship board behind him and BA was on that board with a lot of other sponsors. Plot thickens perhaps.???

Cant recall seeing any thing rugby related on the BA aircraft. When after the match the tv interviewed the English captain with a sponsorship board behind him and BA was on that board with a lot of other sponsors. Plot thickens perhaps.???
The below linked report states that British Airways is the inaugural principal partner to Twickenham Stadium as well as official partner and official airline partner to England Rugby.

From the wording in the linked article the agreement must have begun at some point before the 2019 World Cup

I don't know how Wales and the other home nations plus Ireland manage in this regard.

Wales has no airline sponsors but Aer lingus do sponsor the Irish team and have an Ireland team livery A320.

Bit of a crass act by someone in BA's media team. Yet again social media shows that too many people don't put their brain in gear (if they have one) before opening their mouth, or in this case their keyboard.
To be fair to the BA media team they probably just didn't think, England had already played Georgia and Ireland and they'd put out the same tweet just references those teams. Someone just didn't think about it when it came to Wales. The reality is that BA are essentially London airways but there is some sort of probably unrealistic expectation that they should be flying from all 4 nations as they have British in their name.
As for the Autumn Nations Cup itself for me personally it hasn't really caught my imagination. Playing 6 nations teams out of the 6 nations except in the World Cup always feels a bit meaningless to me (and i'm not saying that because Wales lost!) probably because i'm so used to this time of year specifically being for the southern hemisphere teams and the lower ranked teams.

To be fair to the BA media team they probably just didn't think,
Which is why I said someone hadn't put their brain in gear.
As for the Autumn Nations Cup itself for me personally it hasn't really caught my imagination. Playing 6 nations teams out of the 6 nations except in the World Cup always feels a bit meaningless to me (and i'm not saying that because Wales lost!) probably because i'm so used to this time of year specifically being for the southern hemisphere teams and the lower ranked teams.
I feel exactly the same about the Autumn Nations Cup. To me it's petty meaningless too. I've not bothered to watch those matches that have been on free-to-air tv channels - we don't have with Sky or BT Sport.

I suppose they put it on to get some television money but with players already ridiculously over-extended with previous club seasons only finishing a month or so ago in some cases with two matches per week, and the new English Premiership season just started after just a month after the previous season finished plus next year's Six Nations a couple of months away means that players will be playing well into the summer with the very best then off to South Africa with the Lions in July. Talk about burnout.

Klopp has been raving about his Liverpool players playing twice a week and picking up injuries - the same must apply with top rugby, perhaps even to a greater degree given the physicality of the game at that level. I know that Bristol Bears have been short of 16 members of their first team squad this season - some on international duty but more are injured, some until next year. I would assume that other clubs are in a similar predicament.

Adding to the inconsequential nature of the Autumn Nations Cup is the fact that today it's reported that France will field an under-strength team for the final. They apparently have an agreement with clubs that none of their players will appear in more than three matches in this competition and many have already done so therefore won't be used in the final.

All pubs and clubs in Wales will have to shut at 6pm local from the weekend. This will be in place till 17 december ,then it will be reviewed every 3 weeks.Like England it will mean a lot of clubs and pubs will not open again. Supermarkets will have to have bigger shelves to put more beer on for sale.
The Welsh goverment is to make money to be used in the hospiltality sector. I did not catch how much but im sure it was a big sum..That is to go along side the funds from England.

From Friday people in Wales will be able to visit tier 1 and tier 2 areas in England but not tier 3. Tier 2 pubs in England can open and sell alcohol as long at it accompanies a substantial meal. Tier 1 has no restrictions on the type of alcohol sale but travellers would have to go to Cornwall or the Isle of Wight or the Isles of Scilly for that. Tier 3 pubs must close except for takeaway sales of alcohol.

The BBC report erroneously states that all English counties bordering Wales are in tier 2. The unitary authority of South Gloucestershire which is part of the Great Bristol conurbation is in tier 3 along with Bristol and North Somerset unitary authority. People using the Severn crossings from Wales to England enter via South Gloucestershire.

Gloucestershire 'proper' which is to the north of South Gloucestershire is in tier 2.

I don't know whether the WG allows reciprocity. Bath & North East Somerset unitary authority is in tier 2 with a current infection rate of 79 per 100,000 whereas Cardiff has a rate of 227 per 100,000 and Newport 309 per 100,000 (both higher than Bristol which is in tier 3 with 175 per 100,000) - all based on today's official figures.

If the WG is allowing its residents to visit tier 1 and 2 areas in England they will in a number of cases be coming from areas in Wales with higher infection rates, so it would be a bit rich if the WG prevented residents from those English areas from visiting Wales.

If the WG is allowing its residents to visit tier 1 and 2 areas in England they will in a number of cases be coming from areas in Wales with higher infection rates, so it would be a bit rich if the WG prevented residents from those English areas from visiting Wales.
People can visit tier 1 and tier 2 areas in England.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock