Winter 2020/2021

The weekly TUI to Hurghada is still shown as operating next winter alongside the 2 x weekly Sharm el Sheikh.

If easyJet continues the 2 x weekly to Hurghada that it's currently operating this winter into next winter that will be five flights per week to Egypt.

When Sharm was at its height of popularity BRS had up to 5 flights each week to that airport with different airlines, but that was in summer ten years or more ago. Currently Egypt seems more popular in the winter if airline frequencies are a guide (no easyJet to Hurghada next summer and Sharm a lesser frequency with TUI in summer than in winter).

With all the planned rotations to Egypt the holiday companies must be sure they can fill the aircraft on the rotations planned.

I'd have thought that if TUI don't get the sales they expected then Exeter's and Cardiff's flights will be cut to fill Bristols up. I genuinely don't expect Cardiffs flights to operate.

TUI often cut flights from its original list so it remains to be seen what does finally operate next winter.

I'd have thought that if TUI don't get the sales they expected then Exeter's and Cardiff's flights will be cut to fill Bristols up. I genuinely don't expect Cardiffs flights to operate.
Why not? The holiday market is very different now without Thomas Cook. There will be less choice so people will start to go to places that TUI (and other tour operators) have available and will likely push to regain consumer confidence in the area.

Why not? The holiday market is very different now without Thomas Cook. There will be less choice so people will start to go to places that TUI (and other tour operators) have available and will likely push to regain consumer confidence in the area.
Sharm seems to be offered from all manner of airports next winter which seems to support your contention.

They've dropped Egypt for the last 2 winter's out of Cardiff so I'd be surprised if they didn't do it again. Though I do hope to be proved wrong.

They've dropped Egypt for the last 2 winter's out of Cardiff so I'd be surprised if they didn't do it again. Though I do hope to be proved wrong.
But Thomas Cook were around then, when there were many more options. For the Southwest at least, those that stick with TUI and ex Thomas Cook customers that switch to TUI will have to go where theres availability. With that being limited, TUI can pretty much encourage people to now go to Egypt.

But Thomas Cook were around then, when there were many more options. For the Southwest at least, those that stick with TUI and ex Thomas Cook customers that switch to TUI will have to go where theres availability. With that being limited, TUI can pretty much encourage people to now go to Egypt.
This winter there are 3 x weekly from BRS to Hurghada (2 with easyJet and 1 with TUI) and nothing from CWL or EXT.

Next winter there will be 2 x weekly to Sharm and 1 x weekly to Hurghada from BRS (plus 2 x weekly to Hurghada if easyJet replicates this winter's programme). There will also be 1 x weekly to Sharm from CWL and 1 x weekly to Sharm from EXT (BOH which is an option to those living on the edge of the South West will also have a TUI 1 x weekly to Sharm). So a lot more choice to Egypt next winter from a number of airports in the south-western corner of Britain.

Well i hope that happens and that the route stays, but i will be a bit skeptical until i see the flight actually depart in November 2020!

Looking at the BRS press release linked with Red Flyer's post #1,311, this part is the relevant bit:

TUI, the world’s leading holiday company and the UK’s number one holiday provider, has announced its winter 2020 programme with the addition of flights to Tunisia from Bristol Airport and the reintroduction of holidays to Sharm El Sheikh.

The new winter flights to Tunisia from Bristol Airport are now on sale with a weekly flight operating every Friday during November 2020, mid-February, March and April 2021. With the first TUI flight departing on 6th November 2020. Holidaymakers will also benefit from direct flights to Tunisia from the region during summer 2020. From the 6th May 2020 TUI flights to Sharm El Sheikh will be operating on a weekly basis every Wednesday from Bristol Airport. Customers will also benefit from the choice of an additional flight every Sunday starting 1st November 2020 for the winter season.

TUI have also added the flexibility of 10 and 11 night holidays to Hurghada and Gran Canaria, with the addition of a weekly flight operating every Thursday to both destinations from Bristol Airport during winter 2020. An additional flying day to customer favourite Lanzarote has also been added giving holidaymakers from the region the option to now fly on a Monday.

I can't find the additional flights showing on the TUI timetable yet but the press release appears to indicate three aircraft required on winter Thursdays: Lanzarote, Hurghada and Gran Canaria, unless one of them is to depart in the late afternoon/early evening.

If easyJet replicates the current winter programme in 20/21 they too will have two flights per week to Hurghada which, with the TUI 2 x weekly to Sharm el Sheikh, would mean six flights to Egypt each week next winter.

As for Lanzarote TUI will be 3 x weekly next winter. This winter it's 2 x weekly with easyJet also operating twice weekly and Ryanair 3 x weekly.

Gran Canaria is once weekly with TUI this winter so that will double next winter, with easyJet operating 2 x weekly and Ryanair once weekly this winter. TUI might well be targeting easyJet Holidays and getting in before next winter's easyJet frequencies are announced.

I’m guessing Mondays will be an extension of the three aircraft that are based on sat and sun during the winter months. For example on a Sunday there will at various times be Malaga, Kittilä , Turin , Reykjavík , Sharm , Tenerife and Lanzarote. Plus the extra flights elsewhere during the week will mean that two aircraft would be fully utilised. The only disappointment is that there isn’t a full winter long haul schedule. I would have loved to see a weekly Carribean and Mexican service.

Memmigen no longer on offer this winter but is replaced by Innsbruck instead . Winter 20/21 reverts to Memmigen rather than Innsbruck

I’m guessing Mondays will be an extension of the three aircraft that are based on sat and sun during the winter months. For example on a Sunday there will at various times be Malaga, Kittilä , Turin , Reykjavík , Sharm , Tenerife and Lanzarote. Plus the extra flights elsewhere during the week will mean that two aircraft would be fully utilised. The only disappointment is that there isn’t a full winter long haul schedule. I would have loved to see a weekly Carribean and Mexican service.
I note there was an outbound Cancun this morning returning tomorrow morning. Presumably this was the last flight of the year as there is nothing shown in the TUI timetable for the remainder of December. If so would the outbound not have been empty, so why the need to fly from BRS which is not a TUI 787 winter base? FR24 shows the aircraft positioned in from MAN to operate BRS-CUN so perhaps there were passengers from BRS.??

The TUI timetable shows Cancun resuming early April next year on Fridays with the Tuesday flight joining it from early May, and Sanford also 2 x weekly operating on Mondays from early April and Thursdays from early May.

Looks like it’ll be a busy weekend for TUI at BRS.

Saturday
737: RVN
737: FMM/CMF
757: VRN/INN
737 (TFS base): FUE

Sunday
737: KTT/TFS
737: AGP/ACE
737: TRN (possible w-pattern?)

Source: FR24
In recent ski seasons there has also been a TUI aircraft operating to Geneva and Salzburg on Saturdays.

The BRS winter timetable shows a Saturday Salzburg for Crystal Ski (part of TUI) with Inghams taking seats on the two easyJet flights to SZG on Saturdays. Likewise Geneva is shown as two charter flights on Saturdays, one for Crystal Ski and the other for Esprit and Inghams. Whether the two will operate remains to be seen because easyJet operates 5 x daily on Saturdays to GVA and seats could be taken on those flights, but it's nothing new as that sort of easyJet frequency has operated for a number of ski season (21 x weekly in all).

Finally, it's interesting that TUI is shown as operating to Innsbruck on Saturday. The BRS winter timetable is showing just one charter flight each week to INN (easyJet has two per week) for Esprit and Inghams, both part of Hotel Plan Ltd. In recent ski seasons there have been two flights to Innsbruck each week operated by Austrian (one a 319 and the other a 320) on Saturdays. Last year they were for Crystal Ski, Esprit and inghams but this year Crystal Ski is not mentioned which makes it odd that TUI will operate a flight for others when last year they operated albeit on another airline. I can only think that this year's BRS timetable has erroneously omitted Crystal Ski from the list of holiday companies using the INN charter flight.

EasyJet now has three weekly Innsbruck flights this winter
Cheers, Marko.

It seems then that there will still be four flights a week to Innsbruck - three by easyJet and one by TUI if the one mentioned by ROC operates each Saturday in the ski season, instead ot 2 x easyJet and 2 x Austrian charters that happend last year and in recent years before that.

Perhaps Esprit and Inghams will be taking seats on the easyJet flights leaving Crystal Ski with its own TUI-operated flight.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock