• Admin
London Stansted reveals newly-designed Departure Lounge seating with room for 550 additional passengers
1551358162088.png

London Stansted Airport has revealed stylish new passenger seating and created three brand new seating areas in its busy Departure Lounge, which has increased capacity by 40 per cent.
The improvements, part of the ongoing £600 million Stansted Transformation Project, have created a more attractive and comfortable seating area with room now for over 1000 passengers in the main Departure Lounge area and including 436 new USB and USC charging points. ‘Leaf lamps’ around the area provide ambient lighting while helping to absorb sound using felt ‘foliage’.
A dedicated family seating area has been created within the Departure Lounge, offering smaller and colourful children-friendly bench seating for groups travelling with younger children.
There is also a newly-created quiet seating area downstairs from the Departure Lounge and away from retail units and passenger thoroughfares. It has 208 seats and offers a more peaceful environment to passengers preferring to spend their pre-flight time away from the hustle and bustle of main departure lounge.
And on the way to Satellite 3 gates, a third new seating area offers 160 additional seats.
“We are delighted with the fresh look of the main Departures Lounge and, most importantly, I’m confident passengers will also be very pleased with the changes we have made. It has updated the area and offers much-needed additional seating and device charging points, while the curved design and layout of the furniture means passengers feel a sense of space while seated.​
“The quiet seating area is something new we’re pleased to be able to offer. This is on a lower level floor with no shops or TVs and no one passing through, so it is a calmer environment for those who may find that more appealing than the busy central areas.​
“We are in a really exciting time for London Stansted and this is just one example of the many planned developments in the terminal building which will transform the experience for millions of passengers travelling through the airport.”​
Linsey Miller, Head of Terminal Operations

I have to say, the new Stansted airport departure lounge seating looks very attractive. I would be interested to know how comfortable they are because they don't look particularly comfortable, or at least I don't think I'd want to spend any great length of time sitting on them. Looks can be deceiving though and I expect the airport management have gone to great lengths to ensure they're right for their customers. What do you think?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock