• Admin
Aviation Minister welcomes new investment to improve passenger experience at Leeds Bradford Airport
1554974929883.png

Major progress has been made on a project to improve the passenger experience at Leeds Bradford Airport, the Aviation Minister saw first-hand on a visit on Monday 8 April.

At Leeds Bradford Airport, Aviation Minister Liz Sugg saw construction begin on a major extension to the main airport terminal building, the airport’s biggest investment to date.

The extension will significantly improve travel experiences for passengers, including larger immigration and baggage reclaim areas, better departure gate facilities, more shopping and food outlets and additional free seating.

Aviation Minister Liz Sugg said:

“The development at Leeds Bradford Airport will not only further strengthen it as an important global gateway to Yorkshire, but will also provide passengers with an exceptional travelling experience to and from the region.

“Improvements for local communities as well as major infrastructure projects like investment at Leeds station, Northern Powerhouse Rail, HS2 and Heathrow expansion will continue to bring our country closer together, helping people move around more quickly and easily than ever before.”

This progress continues to build on the major investment already going on in the area, including more than £170m being invested by Government in wider public transport improvements in the Leeds area.

By 2020, the Government will have pumped a record £13bn into transport investment across the North, including in developing major infrastructure projects such as HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail. A new runway at Heathrow Airport will also bring big benefits to Yorkshire - better connecting the region to the rest of the country, increasing regional exports and driving local growth.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the developments and do like the style of the new terminal, so trying to be as positive as I can lol

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock