Re: Manchester Airport Security, Immigration & Border Contro

The question on my lips is - why on earth did this boy run away from him home? I know 11 year olds like to go on adventures etc, but when your child goes out of your sight at that age, in 2012 you panic.I panic when my 10 year cousin goes out of sight & i'm the only adult around and i'm 19. I am by no means saying the family is not a good family or have brought the child in a horrible way, i'm saying why wasn't the police notified, and if she wasn't already, why wasn't the mother panicked?

Wonder how tuesday afternoon was over at Jet2 HQ!

Mother was in town (Im assuming Wythenshawe as its the closest town centre) when the boy ran off from her.

She notified police who were looking.

In the meantime, the flight crew notified the UK police that they had an 11 year old stow away, and with the description, put 2+2 together.

The boy was brought home on the return sector and re-united at security.

Re: Jet2.com

I also hear that Jet2 at Manchester Airport include added extras to that offer bigman.,
No Passport checks at security. Plus fast track speedy boarding, as boarding cards are no longer required. Lol

Well, people were moaning at the length of queues since pax figures started rising again, so good to see they did something about it.....

:good:

Apparently this lad is always running away hes a regular around the airport seems to like running away on trains too. from what i can gather they were changing buses at the airport. wouldnt suprise me if this was a money making game by the mother

The was wondering around the local asda with his mother when they were seperated he went outside and ended up on the bus to the airport when he got they he decided he needed the loo so went looking for one and started following everyone as they headed through security when he passed through he was told to open his palms and that was it once through he saw a sign for the toilet and decided to see where it led he somehow ended up in the aircraft toilet and once he came back out they were airbourne. He sat down next to this who got suspicious about him who eventually alerted security but by this time it was too late he touched down in Rome spent two hours there whilst his mother was informed and then boarded the flight again where he met his mum at security.

Hmm, if this story is in any way true, it sounds more of a failing on Jet2's head rather than security.

It seems he has been security checked, even if he wasn't asked for a boarding card, and somehow wandered onto the Jet2 aircraft. Im assuming by this story, the gate was unattended (assuming the gate staff had not got to the gate at this point). This is hardly the fault of anyone, as gates are left unattended around the world when not boarding.

If he was hidden in a toilet, it shows the Jet2 Cabin crew have not performed either a security check (pre-boarding), or a thorough cabin secure.

So, its becoming more of a story that he has only passed through one manned security check and not the several being perceived (obviously he has wandered onto an aircraft left unattended and also not past the gate staff or cabin crew.

From Wythenshawe, hmm! Shameless. :rolleyes:

When it says that airport and airline staff were suspended, which staff would this be?

Will it be security staff, boarding gate crew and the cabin crew?

Today's edition of 'I'newspaper carries an excellent article which, actually, puts the event into some sort of context.

Manchester Airport - Profiteering from Terrorism?

Is selling plastic bags @ £1 for 2 profiteering from terrorism? The same bags are handed out for free in airports such as Copenhagen!

Re: Manchester Airport - Profiteering from Terrorism?

Why not bring your own from home?

Manchester is not the only airport in the UK to do this and I believe that it's morally dubious.

Bristol did and so far as I know still does. Some passengers who've turned up with their own bags have been told they are the wrong size and therefore have little option but to buy those on sale at the airport.

I'm not comfortable with the practice of charging extra for fast-track security either because that also smacks of profiteering from the terrorist threat.

I'm aware of the argument that justifies these practices and it has some merit but I'm not convinced by it.

Although I agree to an extent, airport shouldn't profiteer from restrictions imposed because of terrorism, I do still believe passengers are their own worst enemy at airports. Not just with security rules but a host of other things such as baggage weight limits, the check-in and boarding times etc. Most frequent flyers are very good, they know what to expect and they just get on with it. The less frequent passengers still dither with the various aspects of using airports mainly because they don't bother to check the latest security rules or airline imposed restrictions. If people are uncertain they should check with the airport or airline beforehand.

On a similar note, it makes me laugh when I see Ryanair passengers arrive with huge suitcase size bags as carry on baggage. You would think by now everybody would know that Ryanair charge a fortune for excess baggage weight but people still do it. You can't blame Ryanair for charging excess when passengers are so stupid not to check their baggage allowance in the first place?

My old boss,( a well decorated Lieutenant Colonel) who had literally flown all over the world from his early days in 1930s Lockheed Electras, simply refused to fly after 2001 because of what he considered was the unnecessary hassle he found at almost any airport he used. He still travelled and was driving on the Continent into his 90s. I hate to think what his reaction would be in 2012.

Manchester Airport suspend worker for missing fake bomb

An airline security worker has been suspended after failing to spot a fake bomb as it passed through the X ray machine.

Manchester Airport said it had launched an investigation into the incident.

The Department for Transport carries out regular dummy runs at UK airports to ensure security is up to scratch.

A spokesman for the airport said: "We can confirm a security officer has been suspended but we cannot comment further as there is an ongoing investigation."

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-19856533

Manchester Airport staff training to spot signs of human trafficking

Staff at Manchester Airport are being trained to spot the signs of human trafficking.

Workers from across the terminals - including cleaners and baggage handlers - are being asked to look out for vulnerable men, women and children who might be being brought into the country illegally.

Warning signs could be in body language, appearance or there could be clues in the way they speak

The project encourages front-line immigration staff - as well as other workers across the terminals - to report any concerns.

Hannah Flint, a volunteer for charity Stop the Traffik, has helped out at a training session run along with the airport, Border Force, GMP, the Home Office, and arranged marriage charity Saheli.

Read more: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... rt-6387427

Over 100 pilots hit by lasers in a year around Manchester Airport

More than 100 airline pilots were targeted by yobs shining laser pens as they flew into Manchester Airport this year, shock figures have revealed.

Pilots reported 117 separate laser pen attacks in the vicinity of the airport.

Only Heathrow reported more laser incidents, with 121 over the year – but it handles nearly three times as many flights.

A number of passenger jets were targeted by the beams as they passed over homes preparing to land.

Laser attacks – often used during landing because lasers are more accurate below 2,000ft – can dazzle pilots during crucial times.

Read more: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... rs-6457517

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024
UTFD Step 4 here Come First Away day and the best day of my life
Technically the 14th anniversary of me working at my present job. Tuesday after the May Day bank holiday is when I started .. last Saturday was the actual anniversary.
Whipee it's Friday!
Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock