future Paris, Amsterdam
The Amsterdam route was via London City. Have the former slots at London City been retained by the administrators? I fear slots at London City, especially the early morning and early evening ones, will be expensive and beyond the means of Blue Islands. Would a direct Exeter-Amsterdam be viable? And of course, slots at Schiphol are also very limited.

The Amsterdam route was via London City. Have the former slots at London City been retained by the administrators? I fear slots at London City, especially the early morning and early evening ones, will be expensive and beyond the means of Blue Islands. Would a direct Exeter-Amsterdam be viable? And of course, slots at Schiphol are also very limited.
Re the viability of a direct Blue Islands route on EXT-AMS, unless Blue Islands could find a partner, preferably KLM, it would be point to point only. I'm not sure what connectivity Flybe had at AMS when they operated the route. The ideal is a KLM Cityhopper route with its myriad of onward connections at AMS but whether that would be feasible for the airline with its substantial BRS operation up the road I don't know. They operate a 3 x daily CWL-AMS despite the proximity of their BRS-AMS route so perhaps an EXT-AMS operation would not be completely out of the question although probably not until the world settles down after Covid-19.

In terms of raw passenger numbers, which of course don't tell the whole story on any route, these are the CAA annual passenger numbers on the EXT-AMS route over the past ten years:

2019 - 61,658
2018 - 52,725
2017 - 44,752
2016 - 44,040
2015 - 43,621
2014 - 44,491
2013 - 35,356
2012 - 33,760
2011 - 33,749
2010 - 35,010

Another point which I've seen raised elswehere is the rationale of the Jersey Government in loaning £10 million to Blue Islands. One might think this was intended to preserve/improve connectivity to Jersey which, prima facie, a route from, say, EXT to AM would not do, unless the timetable was set up to include a JER-EXT-AMS route in this example. The same would apply to an EXT-MAN route and any other non-Jersey routes both from EXT and from SOU.

I would have thought KLM would be the most likely candidate for EXT-AMS, but only 'if' they deemed it a viable route. Likewise EXT-DUB is probably the only other route likely to be resurrected, but only if a another operator such as Aer Lingus were to step in to the fold on a once or twice weekly basis.

Interesting recent EXT press release confirming Blue Islands' growing commitment to the airport.

Am I going mad Jerry or are those 2 sets of timings totally different to each other? Which is correct?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock