Eastern Airways have just put on sale a new route from Leeds/Bradford to Newquay reinstating the link lost after the demise of Flybe. The service will operate up to 5x weekly (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri) starting from July 9th using BAe Jetstream 41 aircraft. No official announcement has been made as yet.

EZE7682 = LBA 11:10 - NQY 12:35 / EZE7683 = NQY 13:10 - LBA 14:35

This isn’t the first time Eastern and Loganair have announced the same route almost simultaneously - they did it with ABZ-BHX back in March and on that occasion Eastern pulled out before starting.

I can see the two doing OK together on this route as the combined capacity is similar to what Flybe used to offer, unlike ABZ-BHX which would have represented a vast increase on what Flybe were offering. There should be a pretty decent “staycation“ market.

Just wish Birmingham could get in on it, seems every airport north of us has NQY flights now!

According to the dried fruit forum it looks like Eastern Airways might have been awarded the Newquay to London PSO route with slots at Gatwick being awarded.

Any chance they could fit a Birmingham/Newquay flight or 2 into the schedule?
Well looking at the ATMs it looks like slots for 2 daily flights at least. I suppose it depends if they base the crew at Newquay or rotate them via another airport. I suspect the aircraft used may well be the E170.

The PSO route has been awarded to Eastern Airways. Which will operate Newquay to London Gatwick starting from next month (December 2021). It will start with 1 daily flight but increases to 2 daily from February and by Summer 2022 they expect to operate the route 3 daily. Flights should be on sale very soon. Thx to SeanM1997 on twitter for the info.

Eastern's first PSO departure from NQY to LGW yesterday was accompanied by the latest cretinous protests by those who have nothing better to do.

Did anyone see them hiking or cycling all the way from wherever they live to make this protest? Or perhaps they sailed around the coast and then tramped to the airport.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock