Joshiecookie

Mar 24, 2021
Ashby de la zouch
What do you think to this guys? I live in Ashby and know the behaviour of commercial aircraft out of East Midlands well, just noticed a TUI 737 turning hard and low after departure. It looks like flight radar shows it cut its circuit short to make it back??

Yeah, flight radar showed it did taxi after landing. Mind you, it also showed it was outboud and inbound for east midlands too!? Quite unusual though, training flights are usually multiple laps and a nice even oval on the radar!

These types of movements are not uncommon particularly at the moment as aircraft engineers are having more time to work on aircraft. This was likely an engineering test flight of some sort. Hopefully someone more local might know the actual reason for this flight.

Makes sense! A quick loop to test some systems seems a reasonable explanation! Not to mention the fact there are virtually no civvy flights leaving from anywhere at the moment!

Cheers!

Looks like a standard check flight keeps the aircraft and crew current they usually are a quick circuit regularly carried out by TUI,Jet2, Ryanair etc. as required for 737s otherwise you get big maintenance bill to return the aircraft to service.

Cool, thanks for the clarification on that! Just had never seen anything that low over ashby before and when i logged into FR was surprised it was heading straight back in! Excitement over! Haha!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock