Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
Also posted in the Belfast International forum....

[textarea]Airline switches airport

EasyJet is switching services between London Luton and Belfast International Airport to the George Best Belfast City Airport on January 7.

It is hoped people will find a benefit from flying to and from an airport closer to Belfast.

It puts easyJet in direct competition from Belfast City to London airports with Ryanair, flybe and BMI.

Source[/textarea]

I have been thinking that this would happen for a while. The Ryanair base at the city airport is becoming a huge threat to other carriers presently using the International airport. I wouldn't be at all surprised if other airlines followed suit, Jet2 and Bmibaby spring to mind.

[textarea]easyJet to add Belfast City – Luton flights

Additional flights between Belfast City Airport and Luton will be introduced by easyJet this autumn following the success of the route. The budget airline will increase its number of daily flights between the two airports from two to three on October 31, when it starts its winter schedule.

The flights to Belfast City began in January, a change from easyJet's more normal Belfast International base. However, Trevor Spinks, easyJet's Northern Ireland marketing manager, said the airline is ‘delighted’ with the support it has had from its customers.

He said: ‘With two daily flights we estimated that we would have 180,000 passengers a year on the route. Now with three flights, we believe that the figure will rise to 270,000.' The weekday flights will take off from Luton at 07:00, 15:00 and 18:00.

Source[/textarea]

• Admin
I suspect more airlines will follow suit in the move to BHD from BFS. The airport is much nearer the city centre and far more practical to get to most places in Belfast.

• Admin
This is true but the airport is trying to get some of the restrictions lifted along with proposals for a runway extension.

• Admin
Easyjet has announced that it is to return it's flights from Luton to Belfast Ciy back to the Belfast International airport after a year's trial.

easyJet will start operating 3x weekly flights to BRS from BHD starting 7th September.
The flights will operate We, Fr, Su and will run alongside 22x weekly departures from BFS to BRS

Whilst continuing to operate from their large base in BFS, easyJet have started operating from BHD this year to LGW and LPL

During the first week of September, easyJet will operate the following flights from BHD:
LGW - 14x weekly
LPL - 7x weekly
BRS - 3x weekly

During the first week of September, easyJet will also operate the following flights to the UK from BFS:
LGW - 39x weekly
GLA - 33x weekly
LPL - 30x weekly
MAN - 30x weekly
LTN - 28x weekly
EDI - 26x weekly
BRS - 22x weekly
BHX - 22x weekly
STN - 20x weekly
NCL - 14x weekly
IOM - 2x weekly
JER - 2x weekly
LBA - 2x weekly

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock