Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
[textarea]RAF jet emergency landing at Aberdeen Airport

A RAF fighter jet was involved in a mid-air emergency miles from Aberdeen yesterday, the Evening Express reports. The Tornado’s pilot declared a mayday and was forced to make an emergency landing at Aberdeen Airport.

An RAF spokesman told the newspaper: ‘The Tornado was one of a pair on routine flying training when one of the pilots declared a mayday. It was about 15 miles east of Aberdeen, over the water, when this happened. It is not clear exactly what the problem was but the pilot landed at Aberdeen Airport.’

Source[/textarea]

[textarea]Illegal parking near Aberdeen Airport targeted

Oil workers have been fined after parking their cars in a field near near Aberdeen Airport. The workers have been slapped with fines after parking their cars under the cover of trees at the foot of Kirkhill Road in Dyce – near Aberdeen Airport’s heliport.
The illegally parked cars have been targeted by traffic wardens in recent days, with some of the car windscreens having as many as three of the bright yellow fixed penalty parking fines attached, the newspaper reports.

Source[/textarea]

Loganair / Flybe boost Aberdeen – Shetland flights

Dozens of extra flights between Shetland and Aberdeen in February and March will be operated by Loganair after the Northern Isles said its ferry services are to be curtailed during an overhaul programme.

Loganair, operating as a Flybe franchise, will introduce the fifth service from Sumburgh to Aberdeen on weekdays, except Wednesdays, between February 13 and March 30.

Source

[textarea]Airport strikes gold

Aberdeen International Airport has struck gold with confirmation of the top Healthy Working Lives award.
The team have been given the accolade after a rigorous assessment process, and it builds on the bronze and silver awards achieved in recent years.

Achieving gold Healthy Working Lives is a major achievement for the team. It demonstrates the very best practise in encouraging healthy living amongst staff, offering opportunities and advice, and a commitment to providing a healthy work-place.

The submission also focused on the work done to support the nearby communities, and to encourage staff to volunteer and fundraise in their own communities.

Read more: http://www.aberdeenairport.com/about-us ... rikes-gold[/textarea]

[textarea]Change to airspace rules could cut Aberdeen flights

Proposals could cut number of flights per hour

NEW rules could cut the number of daily flights in and out of Aberdeen International Airport by up to a third, it was claimed today.

Airport bosses are in talks over plans which it is argued could compromise the safety of passengers and dramatically cut the number of flights each hour.

Aberdeen International Airport is in consultation with the Civil Aviation Authority over a reclassification of its airspace, brought about by changes to European air regulators.

In general, aviation regulations prohibit air traffic controllers from routing aircraft outside controlled airspace.
But at the moment, some aircraft must be diverted outside normal routes on approach to Aberdeen.

New rules could reclassify the airspace around the city as controlled, forcing air traffic controllers to funnel more aircraft into certain parts of the airport, thus reducing capacity.

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/3446580[/textarea]

The following notice currently appears on the ABZ website.

Please be advised that the runway is currently unavailable for all arriving flights due to surface damage caused by adverse weather. The current situation is that the runway is under assessment for repair. Passengers are advised to contact their airlines for further information. Keep up to date with the latest operational updates via our Twitter page (twitter.com/ABZ_Airport).

Reports elsewhere suggest that a hole has appeared in the runway.

• Admin
The BBC is reporting that Aberdeen airport is still closed this morning to larger aircraft because of pot hole which developed yesterday. The airport says the hole has had an emergency repair but they are waiting for an assessment to be carried out before full operations can resume.

Booked my first flight from Aberdeen for March 2020. Flying on my first A321neo with British Airways to Heathrow.
The plan at the moment is to get to Aberdeen using the Eastern Airways flight from Cardiff but I've yet to book it. 3 hours on a J41 should be interesting! Also going to try and fit in a few hours planespotting there as well.

Currently at the BA lounge in Aberdeen and i've got to say Aberdeen has surprised me, it's a really nice airport, a really nice lounge with an excellent apron view and lots of interesting aircraft movements!

Re previous post, this is a link to a video of the incident that shows the Q400 rolling across the apron to impact with the Loganair aircraft.

Ouch!

The ground staff risked their lives trying to stop the aircraft by hand. It's probably best I don't comment on this further if the incident is still under investigation. I have one or two obvious theories in mind though.

Aircraft Based / Overnighting at ABZ - August 2022

TOTAL: 15

Note: Some aircraft may be standby aircraft or in maintenance

Loganair (7)
SF34 (1)​
AT45 (1)​
AT46 (1)​
AT76 (1)​
E145 (3)​

Eastern (4)
JS41 (4)​

British Airways (1)
A321 (1)​

easyJet (1)
A319 (1)​

TUI (1)
B738 (1)​

KLM (1)
E295 (1)​

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock