• Admin

New Manchester Airport podcast series lifts the lid on the UK’s global gateway in the north

· ‘Manchester: Your Airport, MAN’ to launch on 22 May – trailer available now
· Listeners are given unique insight into everything from bird scaring and celebrity visits to winning new routes and sustainability
· Series presented by ‘The Joe Marler Show’ Podcast co-host Tom Fordyce
· Special guests include travel expert and journalist Simon Calder
· Listeners urged to subscribe now ahead of release of first six episodes

A first-of-its-kind podcast series will bring listeners closer than ever before to the inner workings of Manchester Airport.

Manchester: Your Airport, MAN goes behind the scenes to look at themes ranging from how an airfield works, to the arrangements put in place when celebrities travel through. It also tackles topics ranging from sustainability to the process of winning new routes to far flung destinations. Listeners will also hear from Managing Director Chris Woodroofe, as he marks a year in his role and looks forward to a busy summer season.

Special guests include holiday expert Simon Calder, who will share his wisdom with travellers on getting the most out of their trips after more than four decades as a travel writer, including highlighting some hidden gem destinations passengers can access from Manchester.

The team behind Airliners Live, whose YouTube live streams from the airport’s Runway Visitor Park have attracted nearly half a million subscribers, also make an appearance, explaining why Manchester Airport is such a big draw for plane spotters and aviation fans, while listeners are also taken to the top of Manchester Airport’s air traffic control tower.

The series is a collaborative production between Manchester Airport and Manchester-based Crowd Branded, a new venture from Crowd Network, one of the UK’s fastest growing podcast networks. Crowd are behind chart-topping shows such as Captains with Sam Warburton and The Joe Marler Show.

pexels-photo-765139.jpeg

Listeners are being urged subscribe to the podcast now through their usual platforms, giving them access to a trailer, which provides a taste of things to come, and ensuring they automatically receive all six episodes when they go live later this month.

Adam Jupp, Communications Director at Manchester Airport and co-host of the series, said: “Having been around for nearly 85 years, Manchester Airport means a lot to so many people, and that is what inspired us to take people behind the scenes through this podcast.
“The series aims to gives listeners a bit of everything, whether that be something they’ve always wondered about the airport, telling them something new and surprising, or providing travel tips and destination inspiration for those planning a summer getaway.

“What comes across loud and clear is the passion and dedication our teams have for the airport and I am sure this podcast will prove popular with passengers and aviation enthusiasts alike.”

The series is presented by Tom Fordyce, host of the Joe Marler Show. Tom, a Creative Director at Crowd Network who has also published a series of sports books and formerly co-hosted That Peter Crouch Podcast, added: “As someone who lives down the road, I’ve flown through Manchester Airport heaps of times – but I’ve never seen it like this before.

“It’s hard to say whether it was more fun racing down the runway in the patrol car or being at the top of the control tower watching the planes coming and going, but it’s been great talking to so many different people about all the many different roles that keep the airport running smoothly.”

Manchester: Your Airport, MAN launches on Monday 22 May with the first six episodes available through Spotify, Amazon Music and Apple Podcasts among other platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock