• Admin
Virgin Atlantic announces Las Vegas route from Manchester
800_gettyimages-150973150.jpg
The return of the popular route to Las Vegas makes Manchester the only airport in the UK outside London to fly direct to America’s West Coast

Virgin Atlantic flights to begin from 2 June 2024 and go on sale from July 2023

Flights to run three times per week on Virgin Atlantic’s newest aircraft - the Airbus A350-1000

Return Economy fares start from £770 per person

Flights from Manchester to the bright lights of Las Vegas are returning from next year as Virgin Atlantic announces the latest route from its home in the North.

Passengers will be able to choose from three flights a week to Las Vegas from 2 June 2024, with tickets going on sale from July 2023. Return Economy fares start from £770 per person.

The route makes Manchester the only airport in the UK outside London to fly directly to America’s West Coast.

Las Vegas has always been a popular destination for travellers in the region, with the city that famously never sleeps holding a timeless appeal to people wanting to explore the illuminated playground.

But it also offers a gateway to a wide range of attractions in America’s west, from the stunning scenery of the Grand Canyon and Yosemite National Park to the Pacific Highway and the cities of San Francisco, San Diego and Los Angeles.

Flights will operate on Virgin Atlantic’s newest Airbus A350-1000 aircraft and add to the routes to Orlando, New York and Atlanta already available through the airline at Manchester Airport.

Chris Woodroofe, Managing Director of Manchester Airport, said: “It’s hugely exciting to see the return of Virgin Atlantic’s direct service to Las Vegas, which has always been one of our most popular long-haul routes.

“As the UK’s Global Gateway in the North, it’s great to work with airline partners like Virgin Atlantic to connect the region directly to as many destinations around the globe as possible.

“I am sure this service will be really popular with passengers and we look forward to continuing our work with Virgin Atlantic to further grow its route network from its Northern home in Manchester in the years to come.”

Juha Jarvinen, Chief Commercial Offer, Virgin Atlantic, said: “We’re thrilled to announce that we have re-introduced Las Vegas to our portfolio of destinations flying from Manchester, our home in the north.

“This new service will not only complement our existing flying to New York, Orlando, Atlanta and Barbados from Manchester but will be the only US West Coast flight available from the north west, offering customers the opportunity to fly direct.”

“We can’t wait to welcome customers onboard our newest aircraft offering them an incredible travel experience, delivered by our wonderful people."

Mayor of Greater Manchester Andy Burnham said: “This is fantastic news for Greater Manchester and for the whole of the North, providing a direct route to the West Coast of the US and opening up a host of new opportunities for tourism, trade, and investment in our economy.

“As well as offering residents here and across the North West a new route to Las Vegas, today’s announcement is further proof that Greater Manchester is firmly on the map as a destination for international visitors and for those looking to do business in the UK.”

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock