Just as it has said it will do the same at LBA/BHX, Jet2 has said that it will add even more capacity at Manchester Airport next summer.

I've heard they are trying to source multiple A330 leases for a boost in short haul capacity. Titan are rumoured to be acquiring a few A330, maybe this is where Jet2 will get them from given the strong ZT/LS partnership.

Jet2 have confirmed 2 extra aircraft for MAN with a potential 3rd extra if they can get their hands on the 2nd Air Tanker A330.

This means minimum of 19 based next summer, but will probably be 20 based.

Just working out Jet2 Summer 2018 so far.

18 based aircraft in use in 4 days. Usually one back up so looks to be 19 based all together.

42 routes

241 one way flights (482 Rtn flights)

Busiest route: Palma (25 weekly inc A330 ops). Noted Palma now has 5 flights on a Saturday.

Quietest route: Bergerac (one weekly).

New routes for S18: Bergerac and Verona.

There are gaps in the schedule, so maybe a new route or 2? Not checked to see which routes have the A330 or indeed if there are yet 2 A330 loaded....

A 3rd weekly Turin has been added for this winter, in the form of a second Saturday service. There will be MAN departures at 0750 and 1435 taken from their website.

I'm rubbish at keeping a running record of what's news, so I'm not sure which of the 2 is the new flight.

It seems ski flights are really gaining some good capacity this year!

As part of the winter 2018/19 release (slowly) PMI has been put on sale.

The 'summer 2018 seasons' last flight from PMI will be on 18th November 2018. The flights will re-start for the Christmas period from 20th December 2017 till 6th January 2018 offering PMI as a destination for Christmas from the North. (Does EZY offer this? And did ZB do this?). This will be 2 weekly throughout the Christmas period. Flights for 'Summer 2019' will then re-start on 14th February initially 2 weekly before the gradual increase to 8 weekly for April.

I knew having STN as a base would be a good thing for the other bases.

Paphos is year round for winter 2017/18 with 2 weekly service. It will operate at 2 weekly apart from beginning of January to the end of February where it will drop to a weekly service.

I'm also very surprised that Jet2 haven't launched new route to Innsbruck given (as awful as it sounds) Monarchs demise. With them now out of the market surely there is an opportunity to add additional capacity to the Austrian alps and open up new opportunities for them? Or will we see easyJet add additional capacity alongside TUI?

I've seen a post on another forum saying that Jet2 will split their operations at MAN between Terminals 1 and 2 with 4 to 5 aircraft night stopping at Terminal 2 for this summer.

The same rumour that mentions it will be all Spanish flights. A good proportion of the flights in Summer and most flights in Winter. I really don't see it been the way, as like i say it is a good proportion of the flights throughout the year why would Jet2 move their biggest part of the operation over to T2. Now if the rumour mentioned City Breaks, Greece and Turkey - i would believe that.

Also what a nightmare scheduling and running the operation that would be. Some of the flights that come back from somewhere like ALC and AGP go out to Turkey? They going to depart T2, arrive back T1 because the aircraft goes to Turkey? Or they going to remote it, bus to T2 and bus from T1.

Just a after thought - MAN approved the expansion by Jet2 for Summer 18 and the amount of aircraft that they planned to base. Granted there has been some further expansion but not as much. I don't see them suddenly deciding to split Jet2's operation to what cater for easyJet who didn't plan on basing an additional 6 aircraft until the monarch collapse?

Does anyone know how many wet leased aircraft they will be using from MAN next year? As the 4 or 5 aircraft could be wet leased and then dedicated to Spanish routes?

The same rumour that mentions it will be all Spanish flights. A good proportion of the flights in Summer and most flights in Winter. I really don't see it been the way, as like i say it is a good proportion of the flights throughout the year why would Jet2 move their biggest part of the operation over to T2. Now if the rumour mentioned City Breaks, Greece and Turkey - i would believe that.

Also what a nightmare scheduling and running the operation that would be. Some of the flights that come back from somewhere like ALC and AGP go out to Turkey? They going to depart T2, arrive back T1 because the aircraft goes to Turkey? Or they going to remote it, bus to T2 and bus from T1.

With all the work taking place at Manchester, airlines are going to have to compromise to ensure the smooth running of the airport during the works. It isn't unlike Jet2 to offer to do this. Jet2's Leeds operation requires a number of aircraft to be remote parked and towed onto stand after the first wave of departures. There must be something in it for them otherwise they wouldn't be offering to do it if that is indeed the case. Perhaps they get a discount of some sort?

Hmmm still don't believe that it is happening. It was never the plan before ZB collapse so why is it suddenly the plan now like i say? If anything it should be the easyJet operation splitting, like the plan rumoured on Airliners.net, due to them suddenly wanting to go to 20 aircraft.

If this was decided after the monarch collapse then it might be Jet2 are being accommodating to the airport.

My understanding is that certain Jet2 destinations WILL routinely operate from T2 this Summer. This is necessary, as all nine based Monarch Airbus A320/1's were based at T2. This is where capacity has come vacant, and T1/T3 simply can't accommodate the scale of replacement flights implied. Not only are there issues such as maximum number of people permitted in the buildings at one time (for fire safety), but it also doesn't make sense to further overload security and immigration points at one maxed-out terminal whilst another is sitting underused. And retailers - paying expensive rents at T2 - will want footfall restored to previous levels ASAP (or a rebate!).

Jet2 is actually the logical choice for a split-terminal operation. If you watch their MAN operation in action, a considerable proportion of their flying programme operates from remote stands on the West Apron. Does it really matter whether the bus transferring pax to and from these flights is based at T1 or T2? If the aircraft remote parks, then it is not an issue if it arrives from a T1 destination and departs for a T2 destination. It doesn't require to be towed around the airport between flights.

Split-terminal ops aren't ideal, but at post-Monarch MAN they may be necessary for a while if all potential expansion is to be accommodated. As long as documentation supplied to pax clearly explains that flights serving specified Jet2 destinations use T2 at MAN, there shouldn't be a problem. Very few Jet2 pax at MAN return from a different airport than that which they flew out to.

As I understand the situation, bearing in mind that it is still fluid at the moment and not confirmed, easyJet will still be doing a split operation. It just depends how many aircraft will be at which terminal.

Presumably before the demise of Monarch there were not the plans by U2/FR or LS to expand in the way that it looks may happen. On that basis T1/3 would have seen a lower level of potential increases.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock