Consequently then, do you know if its going to be another TCX aircraft, or operated within TCX scheduling using the single Airbus A320 currently based at LBA?

It is on the based TCX LBA unit. Heraklion has been dropped from the based TCX unit with Thomas Cook taking an allocation on Jet2's scheduled service

So it is a mixture of good and not so good news then - another destination being good, but no extra flights overall resulting in no more additional passengers!

empire said:
It is on the based TCX LBA unit. Heraklion has been dropped from the based TCX unit with Thomas Cook taking an allocation on Jet2's scheduled service

I see. Oh well, i did have hopes then we may get a second a320 or even a B757 based here too.

Well its still good news, because Leeds pax have not lost the Crete route completely... and they now have an Antalya. If those times stay, they are also very good too for the AYT route which usually has bad night flights.

I need to start planning my holiday i think :eek:)

I agree with you White Heather. yes another destination, but a replacement of a current TCX flight. Increased pax numbers and another aircraft would of been better.

We could see some more Thomas Cook destinations added by default if Jet2 add more Greek routes for Summer 2010 over the coming months. We would all like to see another based Thomas Cook aircraft but either way so long as the company works alongside Jet2, we could at least see some more destinations which can only be a good thing.

Not entirely a surprise, as it stands Thomas Cook sell a lot of packages already on Jet2 flights, its amazing the amount of people who turn up after Thomas Cook have packaged the holiday for them independantly.

Maybe its just a nice way of Thomas Cook gradually increasing their operations at LBA ready for in a year or two maybe a second aircraft. The flights they do from LBA have very high passenger figures (as do Thomson's) to be perfectly honest I think they both know there is a definitive market from LBA and virtually any route they operate they will fill, its just a matter of working the economics to make it pofitable. I guess the logical move next is it up the routes to an A321 or 757 as I think they will have no problem at all filling them.

On a side note Bodrum keeps going out full, not bad considering fairly rubbish flight times. Thomas Cook will no doubt be onto another winner with Antalya.

I agree that there are definite positives - I was not intending to suggest otherwise - just disappointed that this represents no increase in passengers or flights for 2010, which are obviously very much required. However, another destination, particularly one we have never had (although we came close last year before Goldtrail pulled it), is good news, and the Thomas Cook partnership with Jet2 is excellent as it helps secure growth from Thomas Cook whilst minimising the 'risk' of a new route, whilst also ensuring Jet2 continue to be successful. Hopefully it will lead the way for more Thomas Cook destinations in the future, even if initially they do operate on Jet2.

What would really be great now is for Jet2 to increase their destinations list by working with Thomas Cook and other tour operators in this way. This might enable the return of Las Palmas, and could enable routes such as Corfu, Split (which Jet2 already do from NCL), Madeira (Funchal), Kos or other Greek Islands.

Definately. I think jet2 should of started more routes for this summer. LBA is their main base. Take Tel Aviv for example operated out of MAN, why dont they operate it out of LBA? (their no 1 base). Greek islands are always going to be popular. We see the TOM CFU pretty much full every time. LCA and PFO etc again good pax numbers with jet2. Why not increase there?

In terms of destinations like Split, they already operate DBV, in the same country, would there be demand for Split too?

Hi

Thomas Cook currectly have the following summer 2010 flights on sale. Note Seat allocation has been aquired on Jet2.com's scheduled services to Faro, Tenerife, Egypt, Heraklion and Malaga.

Changes to the based TCX unit.
1. Tuesday Heraklion will be operated by Jet2 while the TCX unit will fly on its new route down to Antalya.
2. Thursday morning Faro service will be operated by Jet2 while the TCX unit will fly down to Zante.
3. The Thusday afternoon Arrecife flight currently operated by Air Europa will be swapped and now operated by the based TCX unit.
4. The Friday Air Europa Tenerife service will be swapped and will now be operated on a Jet2 scheduled flight.
5. Sharm el Sheikh will be operated by a Jet2.com aircraft.

Monday
Las Palmas 07:00 – 17:15 Thomas Cook Airlines
Dalaman 18:15 – 04:10* Thomas Cook Airlines

Tuesday
Palma 07:15 – 13:40 Thomas Cook Airlines
Tenerife 09:45 – 20:00 Jet2.com flight
Sharm el Sheikh 10:15 – 22:35 Jet2.com flight
Antalya 14:40 – 00:50* Thomas Cook Airlines
Heraklion 16:30 – 02:00* Jet2.com flight
Malta Luqa 19:45 – 20:35 Air Malta

Wednesday
Fuerteventura 07:00 – 16:55 Thomas Cook Airlines
Rhodes 17:55 – 03:45* Thomas Cook Airlines

Thursday
Zakynthos 05:30 – 14:05 Thomas Cook Airlines
Faro 15:00 – 22:20 Jet2.com flight
Arrecife 15:05 – 00:45* Thomas Cook Airlines

Friday
Ibiza 05:30 – 11:50 Thomas Cook Airlines
Mahon 12:45 – 18:55 Thomas Cook Airlines
Tenerife South 15:50 – 02:00* Jet2.com flight
Dalaman 19:55 – 05:40* Thomas Cook Airlines

Saturday
Palma 06:40 – 13:15 Thomas Cook Airlines
Alicante 14:05 – 20:50 Thomas Cook Airlines
Faro 15:00 – 22:20 Jet2.com flight
Bodrum 22:00 - 07:35* Thomas Cook Airlines

Sunday
Malaga 08:05 – 14:55 Jet2.com flight
Monastir 08:35 – 16:15 Thomas Cook Airlines
Larnaca 17:15 – 04:05* Thomas Cook Airlines

This does suggest that Jet2 will be operating Sharm throughout the summer next year, which of course will be an addition compared to this year when the service ended in May and is due to restart in September.

I don't know the answer to that, but this does seem to mean the loss of the two Air Europa flights, so another reduction in movements overall, and the last of our flights operated by Spanish airlines has gone - for now at least. I think that is a real shame and it is nice to see some variety arising from the Spanish airlines coming in. However, as we said before, it does seem to be a good move for Jet2 and it is also enabling Thomas Cook to expand their horizons out of LBA.

White Heather said:
I don't know the answer to that, but this does seem to mean the loss of the two Air Europa flights, so another reduction in movements overall, and the last of our flights operated by Spanish airlines has gone - for now at least. I think that is a real shame and it is nice to see some variety arising from the Spanish airlines coming in. However, as we said before, it does seem to be a good move for Jet2 and it is also enabling Thomas Cook to expand their horizons out of LBA.

Real shame regarding spanish airlines yes. We lost Futura and spanair this summer, now air europa seems to be leaving us. Ive always wondered why iberia never operated to LBA, i mean we have no one offering a MAD route at present? Thats just for starters...

Good post lbaspotter. :good:

Forgetting which airlines are operating what for next summer for a moment, this still looks a good line-up for Thomas Cook with a good choice of destinations on offer. At least it looks like we are to retain the Monastir flight as well as gaining Antalya and Sharm el Sheikh albeit with Jet2 which in itself is nothing to be sniffed at as it will be the first full summer of operations to there for them.

I hope we can offer all the Canarie islands from here and now on. They all popular and should be offered from LBA.

On another note, today we had a TCX B757-200 G-FCLF come in from GLA half full, picking up LBA passengers to go to REU. Seemed quite full today...shame that route has never materialised into something more permeanant and frequent from LBA. (even though we do offer flights to BCN and GRO which are close by)

Last year, and in previous years, we did have a regular Reus flight operated by the based A320. This is the first summer recently that we don't have Reus as a regular operation. Initially we didn't have it at all, but they added it back for the summer holidays using the Glasgow based 757.

White Heather said:
Last year, and in previous years, we did have a regular Reus flight operated by the based A320. This is the first summer recently that we don't have Reus as a regular operation. Initially we didn't have it at all, but they added it back for the summer holidays using the Glasgow based 757.

So how often are we likely to see TCX bringing the 757 in from GLA? Is it a once weekly thing or more regular. Was definately good to see that type in TCX colours today!

Just weekly on Mondays during the peak season (summer holidays really), then it stops again. It is not listed again for next summer, so this summer may be a one off - but I suspect much will depend on bookings generally and in particular from Glasgow. If they are down and they need to fill the plane somewhere as a split load, it might be a late addition again next year, but Reus seems to be one destination that gets the axe whenever there is a downturn in bookings. We have lost it before, then got it back. Until a couple of years back Thomson operated it too from LBA

Last night, we had the TCX172L into LBA from Kos. It was routed into us rather than MAN. The MAN arrivals board showed it as 'Diverted' at 2200 even though it was not scheduled to arrive until 0420. Presumably there was some aircraft swopping going on and lots of unhappy MAN passengers were bussed across the Pennines in the early hours. I bet that went down well!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock