Doncaster Sheffield Airport (DSA) has today been named the best airport in the UK in 2018 by Which? Magazine for the second time in a row.

DSA%20Which18.jpg

It comes as the airport has seen a record 80% growth in passenger numbers over the last three years to 1.3 million per year and over 55 destinations now served.

The survey was based on over 11,000 passenger visits to UK airports, considering everything from queues at bag drop and security to customer service. Most notably, the airport’s staff were awarded five stars for delivering excellent customer service. Passengers praised DSA’s short queues, facilities and speedy baggage reclaim process. This comes hot on the heels of recognition as the UKs favourite airport as voted by Saga customers, released in July.

Yorkshire’s favourite airport came out top in the magazine’s annual ‘Best and Worst UK Airports’ survey, scoring 87%. DSA scored particularly highly in the passenger journey such as queue times, passport control and passenger facilities. The customer score is based on a combination of overall satisfaction and how likely respondents were to recommend the airport to a friend.

Which? Magazine commented that with its ambitions to expand, Doncaster Sheffield could soon become the go-to airport for holidaymakers in the North if it can maintain its high standard.

Rory Boland, Which? Travel editor said: “Travellers want to start their trips in the smoothest way, but long queues through airports and a lack of facilities can cast a rain cloud over any getaway.

“With new routes launching all the time, passengers have an increasing choice over not just who they fly with but where they fly from.”

Robert Hough, Chairman of Doncaster Sheffield Airport, said: “We’re proud to be judged the UK and the North’s best airport, this is great recognition of the exceptional customer service offered by every single member of the team. We have always set out to deliver a top class passenger experience, it’s what people should enjoy when at an airport.

“This has been a strong year for us, we have announced long-haul flights with TUI to Sandford, Florida, the region’s only long-haul service and new Wizz routes to Hungary. We have expanded to over 55 routes with many more in the pipeline.

“The overwhelming support to our draft masterplan showed how much customers, businesses, airlines and local partners value the contribution that we make to the region and are right behind our plans to grow, including our push for rail connectivity.”

It is a sentiment shared by Ian Smith, Director of Commercial and Passenger Experience at DSA, he said: “To win this award consistently, gives us great confidence in our plans for future growth and expansion. As over half of the flights operated from DSA are now low cost, we can look forward to more customers than ever enjoying our excellent service and choice at a very reasonable price.”

If it had scored poorly they'd have no excuse given it's a relatively new terminal. The terminal runs under capacity too so I wonder how people would have scored it had it been running at maximum capacity.

I've just read this particular report and noted that "over 11 000 passengers took part in the survey". This is a very small sample (less than 1%) when over 10 million passengers use UK airports each month.

That's a very good point and if less than 1000 people took part in the compilation of each airports figures then it can't be trusted.

That's a sudden departure.
Yes sudden and unexpected I would think, as normal nothing on the airports official website they airport will probably spin the story if anything does appear on it. Very poor by the airport they will have to announce his successor at some point so why not be open and honest about him departing

Yes sudden and unexpected I would think, as normal nothing on the airports official website they airport will probably spin the story if anything does appear on it. Very poor by the airport they will have to announce his successor at some point so why not be open and honest about him departing
Bristol Airport (BRS) was without a designated CEO from October 2017 until August 2018 - although the airport company chairman stood in as an interim measure; the previous CEO's forthcoming departure to London City Airport had been announced earlier in 2017 though.

Birmingham Airport (BHX) still has no CEO after the previous one departed 15 months ago.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for a new appointment to be made at DSA.

Only £300m! It looks as though Peel are once again are offering up the begging bowl for someone else to fill so that they get the opportunity to sweat their asset some more.

Congratulation to them though for getting some good support for the scheme by latching on to current buzz words and Government's stated objectives. All in all a well written and thought out press release.

There is obviously a bigger picture to the whole development of the Finningley site in general than just the airport however how many people will use an airport station with current passenger numbers as they yes in 5 years time things may have changed even then your talking a small regional airport still with at best 2.5 million passengers that's with a loco coming on board its not something on the scale of Manchester. The site overall is geared up to be a big success when all developments are finished however the airport needs the flights and airlines to properly play its part in the development, as touched on elsewhere how in regards to the airport how can the airport be a success without key destinations on the departure board and just two carriers on board.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock