If I remember correctly there is a large hole to fill in where the baggage belts were.Perhaps its something to do with that.

Does anyone know where the (I hope still free) bicycle and motor cycle parking will be once the old terminal is demolished? Just looked on the airport website and it still states 'The dedicated bicycle park is located next to the administration building and the motorbike park is situated opposite in an dedicated area, clearly signposted. '
Thanks.

Just read on the Bristol Airport Twitter Forum that the Multi-storey car park will close on the 29th of this month to allow the second phase of the multi-storey car park to be built .The car park will re- open Spring 2019.

Let's hope they improve the signage in the existing car park and learn those lessons for the extension. Fixing the 'free space' indicators so that green lights are actually above empty spaces would help too!

Two more floors will be added to the current multi storey car park i understand. By next summer.

The diggers are in place at the old terminal staffcar park. Aircraft stand willbe ready by summer 2019.

• Thanks
Reactions: tpm
Two more floors will be added to the current multi storey car park i understand. By next summer.

The diggers are in place at the old terminal staffcar park. Aircraft stand willbe ready by summer 2019.

How many extra stands will be available for summer 2019 ?

How many stands will be available on the new site ? And if so will they be filled by shiny aircraft next summer?

I believe 1 stand will be ready by summer 2019. Facing the roundabout on A38. Later on 2020, the plans are for 3 more stands to face the OTB which will be gone by then.

Bristol Airport has submitted a planning application to extend the Food and Beverage mezzanine floor in the departure lounge to the south above the single storey check-in area.

BAL is seeking to construct an extension to the south side of the terminal building at mezzanine level, providing a kitchen, storage areas and additional covered seating as an improvement to passenger facilities. This area is situated on the airside section of the terminal building and will be constructed on an existing outside terrace. Approximately two-thirds of the outside terrace will remain. The proposed kitchen is required for food preparation and seating in connection with the Cabin Restaurant. The need for the kitchen has arisen due to the re-tendering of the food and beverage areas in the airport; this means that the Cabin Restaurant will not have associated kitchen facilities which needs to be addressed.

Link to planning application below:

https://planning.n-somerset.gov.uk/...s.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PEJ7W0LPIKC00

Thanks for that, alphagolf. It will be a pity if the public part of the outside terrace is reduced in size or even eliminated. It's not a great facility as it only gives a very limited view of part of the runway and part of the eastern end of the apron. Nevertheless, it's much better than nothing at all.

I believe 1 stand will be ready by summer 2019. Facing the roundabout on A38. Later on 2020, the plans are for 3 more stands to face the OTB which will be gone by then.
Plans are for 2 stands for summer ‘19 and a further 2 for ‘20. These are in addition to 3 south side B738/A320 stands being built this winter.

Plans are for 2 stands for summer ‘19 and a further 2 for ‘20. These are in addition to 3 south side B738/A320 stands being built this winter.

Will these south side stands be used for commercial flights ?

Also is there plans for a new eastern walkway and stand ?

Additional (standby) EZY likely to be parked south side during the summer.
Very interesting. Thank you Kingshat .
Yes, thank you and it is interesting. I've not been aware of a standby aircraft in summer at BRS before. Has there been one? Perhaps if it is to be the 16th based aircraft it might have a limited schedule each week if it's also a standby aircraft.

I was thinking maybe more than no16. No16 is in use on a number of days now if it all goes to plan.

I was thinking maybe more than no16. No16 is in use on a number of days now if it all goes to plan.
That's a fair point. We shall have to wait and see, as ever.

The aircrafts parking stands to be built or planned,do they have to have planning permission to be constructed,if so was this in the last master plan and passed as work in progress.

The aircrafts parking stands to be built or planned,do they have to have planning permission to be constructed,if so was this in the last master plan and passed as work in progress.
Yes.

Outline planning permission was given in 2011 for the various components of the airport's expansion at that time. That included an eastern walkway and aircraft stands situated where the old terminal building currently sits. Much of the expansion authorised by that planning consent has been put in place. The eastern end of the airfield seems to be the last to be tackled.

It's expected that another phase of expansion will be identified once the new master plan points the way forward for the next quarter of a century.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock