From airline routes

Azerbaijan Airlines files Boeing 787 flight to London Luton on 15JUN16 and 20JUN16
Apparently this is for the Grand Prix at Silverstone.

In other news, LTN has just had its busiest day ever - 50,564 passengers. If it handled that number every day, that would add up to 18,455,860 passengers per year. So LTN has already passed its intended future daily capacity limit by a long way, four years before the building work is due to be finished, and we've not even reached peak summer...

Luton is booming!

Routes Online are reporting 4x Azerbaijan round trips, 2x 787, 1x 767 and 1x A320.

Azerbaijan Airlines in mid-June 2016 plans to operate a total of 4 round-trip Baku – London Luton flights, on board Boeing 767, Boeing 787 and Airbus A320 aircraft. Planned schedule as follow.

J25101 GYD0630 – 0830LTN 787 15JUN16
J25103 GYD1100 – 1400LTN 787 20JUN16
J25105 GYD1100 – 1400LTN 320 20JUN16
J25107 GYD1230 – 1530LTN 767 20JUN16

J25102 LTN1030 – 1900GYD 787 15JUN16
J25104 LTN1500 – 2330GYD 787 20JUN16

J25106 LTN1500 – 2330GYD 320 20JUN16
J25108 LTN1630 – 0100+1GYD 767 20JUN16

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38...uton-flights-in-june-2016/?platform=hootsuite

I had the misfortune to fly from Luton once and it really was the most awful airport I've ever used. Short of knocking it down and starting again I don't see how it can be improved to comfortably handle the numbers they are now seeing. I will never go near the place again.

It will be interesting to see how LTN passenger figures pan out over the coming year because the busiest route (Copenhagen) is very much under threat.

It looks like Ryanair have pulled a typical move by coming on LTN-CPH to compete with easyJet and slashing fares to destroy yield (but with the two between them attracting 700,000+ pax in 2016). Now easyJet have canned LTN-CPH for S17.

Apparently 3 of the 4 daily Ryanair LTN-CPH flights will move to STN this year, and Beziers, Cagliari and Nîmes may also be moved to STN.

Some LTN followers on the other forum see the route cuts as a welcome relief!

Aviation Minister congratulates London Luton Airport on 80th anniversary
News • Jul 16, 2018 13:00 BST
x65tvpaiyat8qfp3f2ex.jpg

Aviation Minister Baroness Sugg has offered her congratulations to London Luton Airport (LLA) as it marks its 80th birthday.

LLA first opened its doors in 1938 as a municipal airport before being used as an RAF base during World War II. Today, it is the UK’s fifth-largest airport, with 15.8 million passengers choosing to travel through in 2017. Over the past 80 years, more than 250 million passengers have used the airport.

LLA is also nearing the completion of its £160 million redevelopment project, which will upgrade the terminal building and increase annual capacity to 18 million by 2020.

Improvements to the passenger experience include a new boarding pier with eight new boarding gates, and an expanded security search area to help speed up passengers’ journeys. The amount of retail space has also more than doubled with more than 30 new shops and restaurants opening in the terminal since the start of the year, including Chanel, Oliver Bonas, Ted Baker and Hugo Boss.

Baroness Sugg, Aviation Minister, said: “The opening of LLA’s newly-expanded and upgraded terminal later this year is a fitting culmination of its eightieth birthday celebrations. Aviation is a sector which is hugely important to the UK economy, and sustained investment is vital to ensure that we maintain a leading position on the international stage.

“I would like to take this opportunity to wish LLA a very happy birthday.”

Nick Barton, CEO of London Luton Airport, said: “LLA has been on an exciting journey over the past eighty years. From humble beginnings as a municipal aerodrome to a world-class international airport today, I am immensely proud of what we have achieved. I would like to thank the Minister for her kind wishes, and look forward to welcoming her to the airport once our redevelopment is complete.”

An archive of images through the decades can be viewed here: www.london-luton.co.uk/80
http://newsroom.london-luton.co.uk/...4928.1059763031.1531772772-5282050.1531772772

Chaos at Luton today. The passengers at check in desks refused to distance them selves today.The length of the queues were very long around the terminal all because passengers would not distance. Sounds a bit bloody mindness,or dare i say it people perhaps have had enough of this covid 19 as every thing is affected and seems like different things every day.

Chaos at Luton today. The passengers at check in desks refused to distance them selves today.The length of the queues were very long around the terminal all because passengers would not distance. Sounds a bit bloody mindness,or dare i say it people perhaps have had enough of this covid 19 as every thing is affected and seems like different things every day.

Surely if they distanced the queues would have been longer? :unsure:

Remember the rules are social distancing of 1m+, and to wear face masks if you can't. Face masks are mandatory in the airport so social distancing isn't as necessary.

Surely if they distanced the queues would have been longer? :unsure:

Remember the rules are social distancing of 1m+, and to wear face masks if you can't. Face masks are mandatory in the airport so social distancing isn't as necessary.
I been trying to work that one out. The only thing i could sort of come up with when they got to the desks the hold ups there. Quite a few on short fuses i expect dont help.Be nice if it could speak to someone thats been on the desks.

Aircraft Based / Overnighting at LTN - August 2022

TOTAL: 42

Note: Some aircraft may be standby aircraft or in maintenance

easyJet (24) ~20/21 operational + 3/4 spare/mx
A319 (9)​
A320 (15)​

Wizz Air UK (11)
A320 (3)​
A321 (5)​
A21N (3)​

Ryanair (6)
B738 (6)​

TUI (1)
B738 (1)​

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock