Concorde Lover said:
There was a rumour Jet2 was going to do a route from here but i can't see it due to them being based at Leeds/Bradford International Airport.

Dont forget EMA down the road now too.

I had been told that Jet2 had some talks with management a couple of years ago re. services. Apparantly Jet2 were meeting to discuss DSAs role as diversion/training airfield, obviously Peel discussed further opportunities as you would expect. Same person (within Jet2) said management openly said they were not interested in operating passenger flights from DSA. Obviously things can change, but they had already highlighted that EMA would allow them to expand their offering to Sheffield passengers, so I think its clear where they see growth in that area.

I heard another airline has been in talks with the airport recently. Not sure what this is a view to however.

DSA has got an advantage over LBA, ther other airport in yorkshire, one is the runway. the runway at DSA is longer allowing airlines to take in slightly larger aircraft into the airport, the second is they are not the highest airport unlike LBA which means it more appealing to airlines, airlines will take this into consideration too, oh and it is also located near a dual carrigeway unlike LBA which means more ease of access for passengers and this is a good attraction towards the airport, so hopefully these will help the airport bring in another airline.

With respect concorde lover, all of those points youve raised have been discussed over and over for years and have proven to be flawed. Its all about the market served, and LBA wins hands down. There may be further announcements to come for DSA, but it will always be a few steps behind.

I live closer to LBA and i must admit it is a brilliant airport, but i always see DSA as real potential for airlines, sure it nothing compared to LBA but it a potential airport to start a new route instead of going to LBA.

I dont think you understand what Im getting at. You seem to be ignoring DSAs location near to EMA.

Ok so you should rephrase what you are saying then. Perhaps i should have said, how easy is it to get to EMA and MAN from DSAs main catchment area?

I always travel in via the A614 that's why I have not seen it.
How does a 1km section of dual carriage way help with access to the airport? Especially when it has a roundabout in the middle! I think you are "stretching" it a little with that claim.
Now, a link to the M18 - then you can start talking.

I don't want to get into an argument about roads but entry to LBA is directly off the A658, DSA entry is from an unclassified road about 1.5 miles from the A614 and 2 miles from the A638.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock