BOH might be a choice for Jet2 as they grew their roots there years back.It was an all freight airline then.

I was going to put this in the BRS Thomas Cook thread but the article really concerns plans for replacing the TCX capacity by other carriers.

The headline mentions the two routes from BRS only served by Thomas Cook - Preveza and Almeria - but in fact the article really concerns itself with BRS plans for replacing the lost TCX capacity across the board. Actually the article says very little other than a standard airport reply (from any airport) that they "will be working with partners to replace lost seat capacity in order to meet demand from holidaymakers in our region."

The article also states that 42 repatriation flights operated into BRS with more than 7,000 passengers.

Both of those routes could become easyJet routes if they chose to. The bigger question is whether anyone wants to fill capacity on routes where there is alternative carriers or would they want to hike their fares/ margins instead ?

Both of those routes could become easyJet routes if they chose to. The bigger question is whether anyone wants to fill capacity on routes where there is alternative carriers or would they want to hike their fares/ margins instead ?
Probably a bit of both which is why I don't expect all the lost TCX capacity to be reinstated over the next year or two.

Against that, TUI especially might be mindful that a Jet2 could be lurking in the wings and put in capacity that TUI had failed to replace, although that seems extremely unlikely to happen in time for next summer.

Turkey seems to be the biggest loser at BRS in terms of concentrated routes with TCX's departure.

TCX was 5 x weekly to both Antalya and Dalaman and once weekly to Bodrum - 11 weekly flights in total. Currently next summer sees easyJet operating 4 x weekly to Dalaman and 3 x weekly to Bodrum, with TUI operating 2 x weekly to Dalaman and 2 x weekly to Antalya - 11 weekly flights in total.

This means that the removal of the TCX programme has reduced the number of weekly Turkey flights by 50% - from 22 to 11.

Zante sees a similar 50% reduction. TCX operated 4 x weekly whilst next summer easyJet will operate once weekly and TUI 3 x weekly.

Spain, including the Canaries and Balearics, saw the biggest loss of TCX flights by country with 12 x weekly but these were spread across 8 destinations, although the loss of TCX has actually indirectly cost BRS another route - Girona - given that Ryanair seem to have abandoned it (up to 6 x weekly in summer 2019) and TUI don't fly there from BRS.

Will anyone fill at least some of the lost TCX capacity for next summer, especially Turkey? I suppose it depends on availability of aircraft and whether gaps left at other airports might be replaced more profitably. That said, a potential half million passenger journeys a year is not to be sniffed at.

Yet more Jet2 rumours on that other aviation website. They still don't seem credible to me. Perhaps in 2021, perhaps.

Yet more Jet2 rumours on that other aviation website. They still don't seem credible to me. Perhaps in 2021, perhaps.
2021 would be more logical especially with the holes they have to fill at other airports, only what 6 months to go until the start of summer 2020? For flight only that might be a reasonable time frame but for package holidays i'd have thought that would need a longer build up period.

For me I’m very surprised that we haven’t heard anything about replacing the lost Thomas cook capacity so far. I’m sceptical about jet2 so many rumours over the last few years and nothing happens. To me the big surprise is not one peep of a hint of a reaction from easyJet. No increases no comments nothing.

To me the big surprise is not one peep of a hint of a reaction from easyJet. No increases no comments nothing.
That is surprising to me as well especially as they want to increase their own package holiday side of the business and even partially replacing some of the lost Thomas Cook capacity would help with that.

Another tui plus 2 more easyJet would have replaced the lost capacity. There are signs of another tui being planned but nothing from
EasyJet. Unless something else is coming ...

Another tui plus 2 more easyJet would have replaced the lost capacity. There are signs of another tui being planned but nothing from
EasyJet. Unless something else is coming ...
If something else was coming then that doesn't involve the airlines above then surely the airlines above would want to react quickly and get in place first.

Red Flyer has been very helpful in the past in directing us towards signposts which have always turned out to be accurate when the full picture emerges.

If negotiations are still ongoing any exact timescale for their conclusion and thus a public announcement might not be known by the parties involved at this moment. Even if the timescale was known by those involved it still might not be politic to say so publicly until both sides were happy that it should.

This is not a Jet2 thread so we can muse across the spectrum: Jet 2, Turkish Airlines, significant easyJet expansion, ditto Ryanair, ditto TUI, or something that none of us has considered.

Expect new airline announcement later today with further updates to follow
Some members took the 'further updates to follow' to mean that there would be more to come from Lauda after the initial Bristol-Vienna route was announced.

Is that the case?

Lauda has few bases and the only obvious one for a BRS route after VIE is PMI. Ryanair is already shown as up to 9 x weekly next summer on BRS-PMI so a Lauda appearance would add to that.

However, next summer's Ryanair booking engine for BRS-VIE shows the Sunday flight being operated by Ryanair, not Lauda, with timings pointing to an aircraft based away from BRS. It almost seems a mix and match. If there are additions to Ryanair's BRS-PMI I take it the carrier could be either Ryanair itself or Lauda.

I’m surprised that we haven’t seen anything from easyJet for a while. Only one new route this winter with one dropped and 2 dropped for next summer.

I’m surprised that we haven’t seen anything from easyJet for a while. Only one new route this winter with one dropped and 2 dropped for next summer.
The two dropped routes - Stockholm and Genoa - probably says more about them than BRS, given that easyJet has also dropped routes to both next summer from other airports, including Luton.

Despite TUI's announcement today Turkey is still down on this summer overall. easyJet might be pondering an increase on Dalaman and Bodrum, and they don't fly to Antalya from BRS at all which might be surprising if that persists next summer. Antalya is served from LTN, LGW and MAN and there are quite a number of easyJet routes where BRS is one of very few UK airports served.

Lauda is wholely owned by Ryanair now.. They bought the remaining shares not long back. Ryanair had the controlled interest in Lauda before they bought the remaining shares. If Ryanair decided they would operate the VIE route with their own liveried aircraft it would not be a surprise.

Lauda is wholely owned by Ryanair now.. They bought the remaining shares not long back. Ryanair had the controlled interest in Lauda before they bought the remaining shares. If Ryanair decided they would operate the VIE route with their own liveried aircraft it would not be a surprise.
Indeed, that's why I made the 'mix and match' comment in an earlier post. Ryanair will be using its own aircraft and its Lauda subsidiary on different days of the week on its BRS-VIE route.

Ergo, if it wanted to increase its BRS-PMI frequency it might use its own aircraft or Lauda's or a mix of both to effect the increased frequency.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock