Correction to that - it also appears to be 2 x smartlynx and one tcx aircraft - 2x321 and 1x 320

Correction to that - it also appears to be 2 x smartlynx and one tcx aircraft - 2x321 and 1x 320

If that's the case more disappointing news for BRS. First 4 738s with TUI instead of the 2 757s and 2 738s of last summer, now 2 SmartLynx aircraft and one TCX instead of the two TCX and one SmartLynx of last summer.

A320? The only TCX A320s are based are from TCX Balearics and based at PMI in the summer unless TCX are stopping that base?
If that's the case more disappointing news for BRS. First 4 738s with TUI instead of the 2 757s and 2 738s of last summer, now 2 SmartLynx aircraft and one TCX instead of the two TCX and one SmartLynx of last summer.
For TCX at least the seats onsale don't change.

There was talk back along that TC would have 3 A321 based for summer 2019. Has this changed or was it never planned this way.

There was talk back along that TC would have 3 A321 based for summer 2019. Has this changed or was it never planned this way.
I wonder if it went to Cardiff instead and BRS got the A320?

It was noticed at the same time as the CWL A321 announcement that BRS appeared to be getting a 3rd A321 part season until June then back to an A320. That 3rd aircraft was the leased one. BRS had a leased A320 last year, along with 2 TCX A321s. Despite the various changes for next summer seen to be happening thoughts winter, the only change from 2018 will be 1 of the A321s will now be leased rather than TCX own. So CWL didn't get the BRS aircraft. Unless CWL is gaining the TCX own A321, as BRS would've had a pool of pilots for 2 aircraft over recent years, now dropped to 1 which could mean relocation for some. Seems strange to reopen the pilot base though

Would people consider a Smartlynx A321 instead of a TCX A321 a downgrade? Or in reality does it not matter?

The capacities haven’t changed luckily. Does smartlynx just provide flight crew and tcx cabin crew ? It all seems a bit turbulent so who knows could change again

The capacities haven’t changed luckily. Does smartlynx just provide flight crew and tcx cabin crew ? It all seems a bit turbulent so who knows could change again
Yes i believe that the flight crew will be Smartlynx and the cabin crew Thomas Cook. I wonder if it suggests that they have a shortage of pilots at other bases?

It was noticed at the same time as the CWL A321 announcement that BRS appeared to be getting a 3rd A321 part season until June then back to an A320. That 3rd aircraft was the leased one. BRS had a leased A320 last year, along with 2 TCX A321s. Despite the various changes for next summer seen to be happening thoughts winter, the only change from 2018 will be 1 of the A321s will now be leased rather than TCX own. So CWL didn't get the BRS aircraft. Unless CWL is gaining the TCX own A321, as BRS would've had a pool of pilots for 2 aircraft over recent years, now dropped to 1 which could mean relocation for some. Seems strange to reopen the pilot base though
If TCX's pilot pool at BRS is to be reduced, I say if, would that not indicate that the base is not likely to grow further in the foreseeable future in terms of TCX aircraft (as opposed to SmartLynx)? I presume an airline would not reduce its pilots pool at an airport - with all that entails in terms of crew upheaval - only to grow it again soon afterwards.

It matters not which airlines are used in summer months no BRS based pilots will be reduced BRS is a one aircraft base year round. Summer flight crews are not BRS based & cabin crew are brought in on seasonal contracts to cover the additional aircraft.

It matters not which airlines are used in summer months no BRS based pilots will be reduced BRS is a one aircraft base year round. Summer flight crews are not BRS based & cabin crew are brought in on seasonal contracts to cover the additional aircraft.
Thank you. That's why I said 'if' in response to another post.

Currently, the planned based aircraft at BRS this Summer are as follows:
2x TCX A321
1x ART A321 (SmartLynx)

However, for the period from mid-June to mid-August, one of the based TCX A321 is replaced with a SmartLynx A320 meaning the base will consist of 1x TCX A321, 1x ART A321, 1x ART A320.

All in all, this will be a capacity increase over last year:
- There will be 4x extra departures per week giving an extra 880 departing seats each week.
- For 4 out of the 6 summer months, an A321 replaces the A320 which was based all last summer giving an extra 560 departing seats each week (for 4 months)

Summer 2019

I was looking through the Thomas Cook timetable earlier and noticed that Antalya is shown as daily (as it is at LGW and MAN). I can't remember a previous occasion when one charter airline operated a daily schedule on one route from BRS. Last summer it was 5 x weekly. TUI continues to operate 2 x weekly in summer 2019 as it did last summer.

It’s a bit deceiving because it’s only daily in October . Rest of summer it remains 5 weekly.
Thanks for that, although even one month is probably something not seen before with a charter flight. I find theTUI timetable more user friendly when looking from month to month, albeit the TCX one gives an instant overview for all routes albeit, as you point out, not always for an entire season.

They do use asterisks to identify individual days on a route that is only part season, but I suppose with 'daily' it's more difficult to indentify in the small space available.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock