Contrary to what BRS may have posted on social media recently; the LH service has been cut down to 2 / 3 times per week from the off next week - it then gradually increases to 6 weekly in September.

I avoid social media. What did BRS say there about Lufthansa?

When I saw there was a new post in the Lufthansa thread I quite expected to read that the start of the route had been delayed further.

Thank you for that, Marko.

First Lufthansa flight - Mon 2nd August 2021

Today is the first day of the new BRS-FRA route from Lufthansa. It looks like the first flight will be operated by Lufthansa Cityline E190 D-AECI (which wears the standard Lufthansa Regional titles).

It is due to be on the ground at the same as the KLM Cityhopper E190 - an image BRS will be keen to show off I'm sure , portraying it as such well-linked international airport.

First Lufthansa flight - Mon 2nd August 2021

Today is the first day of the new BRS-FRA route from Lufthansa. It looks like the first flight will be operated by Lufthansa Cityline E190 D-AECI (which wears the standard Lufthansa Regional titles).

It is due to be on the ground at the same as the KLM Cityhopper E190 - an image BRS will be keen to show off I'm sure , portraying it as such well-linked international airport.
Video of this morning's inaugural Lufthansa Regional FRA flight including arrival and departure. The video includes a KLM Embraer taxiing in the background.

Lufthansa operated to Frankfurt yesterday and is due to do so today and tomorrow.

A look at the Lufthansa booking engine confirms frequency increases. Next week there are flights each day except Monday and Tuesday, then after that it's 6 x weekly with no Tuesday flights.

Hoping to catch some footage of lufthansa arriving and departing this afternoon!

CAA stats show that 1795 passengers used the FRA route in August this year. I'm not sure how many flights there were in the month. One post speaks of 2/3 per week - since August the schedule has increased to up to 6 x weekly.

I don't think it was more than 3 per week in August, if as many as that. Working on the assumption that there were 3 flights per week that would give an average load of around 70 on the 100-seat E190. If there were fewer flights than 3 per week then obviously the average load would be higher.

Even so, 70 is not a bad figure for this restored route given the pandemic and the uncertainties surrounding overseas travel. A 70% load factor is higher than many routes saw in August, and not just from BRS.

The draft minutes for the Airport Consultative committee meeting on 20 October last year quote the airport CEO saying that the new Lufthansa route to Frankfurt was performing 'very strongly'. Of course this could be puffery although since then loads seem to have been around the 70% level or a bit higher each month from CAA stats.

The airport seems to say it as it is at these meetings. For example, someone complained about a Jet2 flight from Birmingham to Bristol that took place last July which the complainant described as 'grossly carbon-wasteful'.

The airport CEO said it was a split load flight to Corfu with 144 passengers although only 35 had boarded at Bristol. The complainant retorted that she was not happy with this response.

The CEO responded saying the question has been answered and no further comments need to be made.

I'm beginning to like his style.

Thanks for the heads-up @Marko1 !

The BRS-FRA has been operating for nearly a year now, and operates 1x daily in 2022 with a Lufthansa CityLine E190.
From Monday July 4th for the following four weeks, the Monday, Tuesday and Saturday flights are being upgraded to an A319. Of course this may be due to good passenger loads, or it might be to do with a lack of crew/aircraft in the Lufthansa or CityLine fleet? Either way, it's certainly positive for BRS!

Last edited:
Monday 4th July 2022
Lufthansa A319 (D-AIBG) is operating this mornings LH970 from FRA-BRS.
As far as I can work out, it is the first aircraft other than an E190 that's operated the BRS-FRA route since it restarted last year.

The Lufthansa service this week (and on presumably other weeks) has been trimmed as of late presumably due to FRA airport restrictions.

I had a FRA-BRS flight cancelled.. the return leg from Bristol still ran but the flight TO Bristol was empty. I ended up at Heathrow.

The BRS-FRA continues to operate at 1x daily in Winter 2022 with a Lufthansa CityLine E190 (however some Wednesdays in Dec, Jan and Feb are no longer showing as bookable).
Some flights in November are now showing as being upgraded to the A319, as they were back in July.

A Lufthansa A319 is now scheduled to operate in replacement of the CityLine E190 on the following dates:

Wed 9th Nov
----
Fri 18th Nov
----
Mon 21st Nov
Wed 23rd Nov
Fri 25th Nov
----
Mon 28th Nov
Wed 30th Nov

Fingers crossed that these upgrades continue when Lufthansa updates their December schedules soon!

Last edited:
LH @ BRS

Lufthansa are operating sporadic departures from BRS to FRA through January and February - between 4x and 6x weekly, nearly all operated by the E190.

From the 1st March, the route operates 6x weekly/daily until the 25th March.

From Sunday 26th March, the route increases to 10x weekly throughout the summer all operated by E190. Schedule as follows:

Mon (1) - Dep BRS @ 09:40
Tue (2) - Dep BRS @ 09:40 / 17:45
Wed (1) - Dep BRS @ 17:50
Thu (2) - Dep BRS @ 09:40 / 17:45
Fri (1) - Dep BRS @ 09:40
Sat (1) - Dep BRS @ 17:45
Sun (2) - Dep BRS @ 09:40 / 17:45

Below shows the schedule from BRS and the aircraft used/planned during the winter season:
Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 10.33.02.png

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock