Social media post from a few days ago but I haven't seen any advertising in Cardiff which I'd have thought is an area they'd want to target.
Not being a social media user I probably underestimate its spread and importance when it comes to promoting or advertising things.

Perhaps advertising on hoardings and on the outside of buses is now giving way to the digital age, although there are still plenty of adverts to be seen around the country 'adorning' hoardings and other platforms, and advertisers spend vast amounts of money promoting their wares on tv channels.

Not being a social media user I probably underestimate its spread and importance when it comes to promoting or advertising things.

Perhaps advertising on hoardings and on the outside of buses is now giving way to the digital age, although there are still plenty of adverts to be seen around the country 'adorning' hoardings and other platforms, and advertisers spend vast amounts of money promoting their wares on tv channels.
I would've thought that BRS would've done some sort of billboard campaign to promote it as a 5 star airline arriving is a big deal.

Frankfurt

I'm not aware of any external advertising for the Lufthansa route that begins at the end of next month. I'm sure it was included in the regular BRS emails to its customer base at the time the route was announced but I've seen nothing around the city on, say, buses or on advertising hoardings.

Has anyone seen any advertising for the route?
How coincidental is this? This evening I've had an email from BRS highlighting a competition to win two return tickets with Lufthansa on their FRA service, replete with details of things to do around Frankfurt.

Further to recent posts, I was at the airport today and I noticed the new Lufthansa service to Frankfurt was prominently advertised on the big triangular advertising hoarding which is in the middle of the roundabout on the approach road. The Lufthansa advert was showing on all three sides of the hoarding.

Looking at the near wipe-out of the BRS-BRU route for the week commecning 15 March (and possibly beyond that - probably beyond that) - one has to wonder how the new BRS-FRA route will get on. Could not be a worse time to begin such a prized route with a legacy carrier.

Whilst the substantial reduction in rotations in w/c 15/3 is clearly dramatic, presumably this is down to lack of bookings. If needs be, SN will rebook pax presumably on KL After all, one would imagine that there are fewer business trips being made to BRU now, so in all likelihood there will be a higher proportion of connecting traffic on BRS-BRU compared to this time last year.

Should the frequency reduction continue into the summer schedule, which it may well do, at that point SN ticket holders can be rerouted via FRA on LH. This might improve the load factors on the new route, and may even be a deliberate ploy by Lufthansa group, who tend to take a very holistic perspective on the markets they serve.

The launch of the route to Frankfurt has been postponed until June 2020
Where did you see that? On social media? I can't see anything on the BRS website yet.

I suppose June is on the assumption that the virus problems will have abated somewhat by then. We'll have to wait and see.

The tweet appears to have been deleted since this morning. Very odd.

My apologies.
Not your fault. I'm not a member of any social media group - never have been - but I suppose that trolls could make mischief or perhaps someone has jumped the gun. Was it on the BRS official Twitter site?

The launch of the route to Frankfurt has been postponed until June 2020
The tweet appears to have been deleted since this morning. Very odd.

My apologies.
The start of the service has been postponed to an unknown date in June. Given the global situation with airlines it's hard to visualise it beginning then.

Reported on social media that lufthansa has dropped Frankfurt for good and will not start the route - no surprise but we have no luck with Germany do we ?

Reported on social media that lufthansa has dropped Frankfurt for good and will not start the route - no surprise but we have no luck with Germany do we ?
Not surprising but a boost for KLM though.

There are going to be lots of routes that were planned to operate, dropped. Some multi departures down to 1 per day and some 2/3 weekly flights not coming back.
I am trying to be realistic because although a lot of people have said they are going to fly this year, when it comes to the thought of being "inside a tube" for 2/3 hours with no social distancing, many will have second thoughts.

I would not be surprised if BRU goes the same way - in the short term at least (ie for the next year or two).

No-one knows how the domestic or international aviation scene will look after the world comes out of this crisis, which will include the almost certain major recession that will follow. Looking at some major airlines' intentions (including Lufthansa and BA), who are clearly intent on downsizing as they fear demand will not return to pre-crisis levels for a considerable time, there is an inescapable feeling of pessimism.

I haven't a clue whether that will turn out to be justified. I'm not in the business, never have been, so can't offer a meaningful view. If aviation does find it hugely difficult to get back to 2019 levels and beyond in the coming years it seems likely that some airlines and probably some airports aren't going to survive. In the past decade we've seen Plymouth City Airport close and Blackpool Airport that once saw regular flights by the likes of Jet2, Ryanair, Aer Lingus and Flybe now reduced to a general aviation field.

BRS has, along with GLA, the greatest proven potential amongst the sub-10 mppa airports in the UK, therefore if FRA isn't going to work as a re-introduced route at BRS where will it work at these smaller airports? One has to wonder how many other routes around the regions will suffer the same fate if post-COVID does turn out to be the nightmare that some seem to be beginning to believe.

On the other hand, if the next 3-5 years sees aviation bouncing back strongly then routes such as BRS-FRA will have to be looked at seriously again. History tells us that, except in times of crisis such as a world war or major recessions, aviation has grown inexorably. Will COVID-19 and its effects turn out to be the crisis too far? My gut feeling is that it won't, with the only uncertainty being the length of time it will take to recover properly, but as I said earlier I have no expertise in the subject so an optimistic slant is no more than musing on my part.

The airline is so mired in decision making about a govt bailout or to go for vol bankruptcy that the BRS FRA route might just be insignificant in their view.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock