Vueling

Tinkerman

Jun 25, 2011
Following Jerry’s post above, I also get the feeling that they’re using these slots on relatively short sectors to keep the slots “warm” at ORY.

Happy to be proven wrong in the future, and i really do hope the route is successful with VY. Even going back to the CityJet days when fares were far higher, the loads were far from full back then on a 50-seater.

They’re literally selling the flights off as a complete bargain on the VY app, seems to be the case for all of the ORY based routes that have had numerous sales promotions over the last few weeks. As stated above, probably not the best time to start a new route (or in this case a complete tranche from a new base). Back in “Normal” times, you’d like to think these sort of fares would be highly attractive to far greater volumes of people, including those from across the border.

fly4gigs

Apr 19, 2020
Wales
There was a Vueling competition to win flights to Paris from Cardiff and in the terms and conditions it had blackout dates in the summer. Good news perhaps?

MrFenner

Jul 15, 2021
UK
Looks like VY have slimmed down the remainder of their winter schedule and the early part of S22 up to June.

ALC, AGP and PMI all affected. At the moment ORY is due to end in March so hasn't been affected as much...

Omicron and pre and post-travel testing is really taking it's toll!

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
I'm not surprised. It's looking less likely that there'll be a significant recovery in 2022 for the industry.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
For November Vueling stats were
Alicante 2060
Malaga 347
Paris Orly 546

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
How does that equate to load factors, agp and ory in particular doesn’t look good
I'm not sure that Malaga ran for the whole month. But each route was 2 weekly i believe.
Alicante averaged 114 passengers per flight.
Malaga average 21 passengers per flight if it operated all month.
Paris averaged 30 passengers per flight.

geoff

Aug 3, 2018
Port Talbot
I read somewhere this week, that the Belfast-Paris Vueling service, has been carrying an average of 11 passengers per flight, so CWL is not on its own.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.