Flybe start next week with flights on Saturday and Sunday so aircraft availability hopefully shouldn't be an issue over the weekend although today there are cancellations on Glasgow & Belfast. Aberdeen is due to start in February looking at their current timetable.

Last edited:
Last edited:
As said, hopefully a case of finalising the S23 slots.

If not then at least we know that it will be back and not the typical BHX one season wonder that we've become accustomed to.

There should be more to come from easyjet but we may well have to be patient :)

New route: Easyjet Naples to Birmingham Starts April 1st 2023 with 2 weekly flights on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Timings on the tweet.

Long time lurker, but joined to say thanks for posting this, just booked for May 10-13 as this falls just right to watch a stage of the GIRO D'Italia on the 11th May and it is a start and finish stage in the city of Naples. Always been on my to do list to attend a stage of a Grand Tour race and this flight and opportunity was to good to miss. Just over £60 return as well, fabulous price. New city to me and I hope to fit Pompeii or Sorrento in on the 12th and eat a real Napoli Pizza as well.

Would have loved to take in a Napoli FC game but unfortunately they're not scheduled to play at home during this time.

Assume it will be an A320-200 from the seating plan?

Awesome news, Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Our orange tails are adding up nicely

Any plans to operate all Easyjet flights out of T2 ? At the moment I think BFS/GLA/EDI operate from T2 and the International flights go from T1 ? Would make sense for the whole operation to join Jet2 at T2 including Check In ?

Now where is MAD/BER/ATH and maybe LYS Easyjet ?

Good to see this finally back on sale. Unless they have a surprise for us I think that should be about it for S23 but 11 routes and I think something like 75 weekly flights it's more than I ever dreamed of us seeing.

Lets hope that the routes perform well enough to give easyjet something to seriously think about.

Welcome to the forum Westland, sounds like a great break you have planned (y)

Good to see this finally back on sale. Unless they have a surprise for us I think that should be about it for S23 but 11 routes and I think something like 75 weekly flights it's more than I ever dreamed of us seeing.

Lets hope that the routes perform well enough to give easyjet something to seriously think about.

Welcome to the forum Westland, sounds like a great break you have planned (y)
Couldn't agree with you more Ray, cracking to see the orange tails building up. However it does disappoint me with some of the negativity on here recently I own two logistic companies covering Warwickshire and Oxfordshire and we can spend 2-5 years winning contracts just for then to say after a year we’re off because they are cheaper>...... yes and you would put us under. It's all about profitability, turnover for vanity profit for sanity.

Easyjet sees its bookings soar despite crunchBy Archie Mitchell

Daily Mail
26 Jan 2023

SqUeezed consumers are pressing ahead with trips abroad despite the rising cost of living, says easyjet’s boss.

‘ Travel has moved up to the top spot when it comes to discretionary spending. People want to travel,’ Johan Lundgren said.

His comments came after the budget carrier saw a surge in passengers in the last three months of 2022. easyjet flew 17.5m people in the quarter, a 47pc jump from a year earlier.

and the airline said it will be back in the black this year after three years of losses. In the 12 months to September, Lundgren said it will smash analyst forecasts of a £126m profit. Shares jumped 9.7pc, or 45.4p, to 513.4p.

The stock has surged nearly 60pc since the start of the year amid growing evidence that holidays remain a priority for cash-strapped households.

a report by KPMG found that while almost two thirds of people in the UK will cut their spending this year, holiday plans were the least likely to be dashed.

aJ Bell investment director russ Mould said: ‘Many consumers still have the appetite and the means to spend money on experiences despite the prospect of recession. People work hard and they want to give themselves a treat, meaning a foreign holiday remains high on the list of things people are prepared to pay for.’

Lundgren said he was ‘surprised’ how strong demand was against the bleak backdrop, as families face soaring food, fuel and energy bills.

easyjet’s performance has continued into this year, helped by three record-breaking weekends this month.

Customers took advantage of January sales and the airline was filling up five planes every minute during peak hours.

Bookings for easter are a quarter ahead of pre- Covid levels and there is big demand for summer getaways despite prices for easter being almost a quarter higher than the same time before Covid struck.

‘People have had restrictions and been at home a lot and they want to get out and experience things,’ Lundgren said.

The rising cost of living was driving a shift towards more affordable breaks. Trips to Turkey and egypt are doing ‘exceptionally well’. He said flight availability will return to pre-Covid levels by the summer. ‘By July, august and September we expect to be back at 2019 levels,’ Lundgren said.

Shared via PressReader.

…..This article tends to turn conventional wisdom regarding the cost of living crisis on its head. People see a foreign holiday ( or two ) as essential to their mental health. Really.
BHX need to keep knocking on the EZY door, making a nuisance of themselves and keeping in close contact to cement the good relations.

Here was I thinking there was some exciting news for easyJet at BHX when it is a "generic" statement about the airline which should have been posted under easyJet in the "Airline" forum. I don't know about the mods getting irritated, I certainly am!
There, rant over. :muted:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock