U

User0001

No this is not a joke.

For the Olympics team, a Qantas B747-400 will be visiting Bristol, to and from Manchester.

QF6021 arrives from MAN at 12:10 on 21st July
QF6051 departs to MAN at 11:50 on 23rd July

Very nice coup for Bristol there!!

Re: Qantas to visit Bristol

Amazing news for Bristol!!

That will be a sight and a half.. I didn't know a B747 could land at Bristol, or is it because it will not be fully loaded that it is able to operate out of the airport..?!

It wont be fully loaded and only flying to and from MAN, so not fuel heavy either.

Not sure if BRS is an error, but its definatly loaded in the system.

[ Post made via Android ]
Android.png

Bristol airports runway is 2011m which is more than capable of handling short to medium range ops with a 747 with limited passenger and/or fuel loads. it wouldn't be long enough for the longer routes. I think the biggest problem Bristol currently has it is the weight restriction on the parking stands. The three recently constructed stands may have a greater PCN allowing larger aircraft to park.

I've never known a B 747 land at Bristol - Filton was the nearest the city ever saw 747s and 380s on the ground.

Maybe big g or conns757 or alphagolf might know if BRS could take a 747. I've always been led to believe it would be too heavy. Another thing - would the airport have steps available to unload the passengers?

Not sure of the logistics behind a visit, all i can say is that the Qantas internal system is definatly showing QF6021 MAN-BRS B744 on the above date and times.

[ Post made via Android ]
Android.png

Here's the figures for a maximum weight 747 operation but it's perfectly possible to operate the aircraft on shorter runways with reduced weight, ie reduced fuel. In fact many aircraft operating at maximum take-off weight would struggle including the 737 as daft as it sounds.

747-100 747-200B........747-300........747-400

............3,190 m.......3,320 m.......3,018 m.

Parking is easy, just put it in your back yard!

http://www.myaviation.net/search/photo_ ... ize=large#

Just to note.

The MAN-BRS-MAN flight has now been fully updated and loaded into the QF system

Unfortunatly, and apologies from me for getting hopes up, the correct flight times and airport code have also been updated.

The flight is actually MAN-BNE-MAN, which is Brisbane, Australia. I assume this is now correct, as I doubt it takes 24.50 hours to fly MAN-BRS.

Apologies again.

The flight is actually MAN-BNE-MAN, which is Brisbane, Australia. I assume this is now correct, as I doubt it takes 24.50 hours to fly MAN-BRS.

Reminds me of the time about 15 years ago when we returned from Phoenix, Arizona to Bristol via Minneapolis and Amsterdam with KLM and then partner Northwest to find no hold baggage awaiting us at BRS. Wasn't the first time the notorious AMS baggage handling system had temporarily mislaid our hold baggage.

Except that this time it wasn't their fault.

The check-in agent at Phoenix had put BRU instead of BRS as final destination on our suitcases which meant they had enjoyed a visit to Belgium en route. After that I've always taken a close interest in the tags affixed by the check-in staff.

Another time we were checking in with KLM/Northwest at Denver, Colarado for a final destination at BRS. I asked the check-in agent what sort of aircraft we would be flying in on the first leg from Denver to Detroit.

"An Airbus", she replied, "built by the French".

"Partly, madam", I replied. "The British also had a hand in it; in particular the English city to which we're now flying". At least that ensured the final destination tag was correct.

From what I understand it will be fine to land there and as been mentioned it's only a short hop to MAN so should be fine to take off.

I guess with BRS having had an A330 visit in the past there would be no problem with a 744, my only thinking would be if it landed on 27 it would have to backtrack as its engines would over hang the road that runs between the taxiway and golf course.

With regards to steps I think the ones Servisair use for the 767 would fit but I'm sure who ever gets the handling job would get equipment in if they didn't have it.

Hi big g

I think you may have missed User001's post a couple of posts back. Unfortunately the flight is no longer in the system to operate. Another time maybe.

I've read elsewhere that the flight might now be operating into CWL.

That is correct.

The flight will be:
QF6051   16JUL12  SIN-MAN     0140   0810
QF 6021  21JUL12  MAN-CWL   1100   1150
QF6051  21JUL12   CWL-LYS    1330   1650
QF6051  23JUL12   LYS-MAN   1200   1255
QF6051  30JUL12  MAN-SIN    2225   1835+1 (arrives 31JUL12)

They will operate on behalf of Hughes Travel from Singapore.

Its a shame BRS didn't get it but I guess there were to many obstacles to operate an aircraft of that size there.

The flight will be:
QF6051 16JUL12 SIN-MAN 0140 0810
QF 6021 21JUL12 MAN-CWL 1100 1150
QF6051 21JUL12 CWL-LYS 1330 1650
QF6051 23JUL12 LYS-MAN 1200 1255
QF6051 30JUL12 MAN-SIN 2225 1835+1 (arrives 31JUL12)

That's what I'd read but why is it not flying MAN-LYS direct I wonder? Seems odd that it calls at CWL for under two hours en route.

Are people being dropped off? If so the train would probably be quicker overall.

Did anybody see the Vulcan? My parents are in Bath and they saw the Vulcan at around 4pm.

On the local teatime news today there was a short report and pictures of it flying overhead Filton this afternoon with one or two interviews with people in the crowd outside the airfield on the A38.

I don't whether it went anywhere near BRS.

A nice change from the norm tonight.

Binter Canarias ATR72 arrived on a charter flight and is on stand 12 due out tomorrow 12/1 at 2010, it's a long old way from the Canaries on a prop!

A nice change from the norm tonight.

Binter Canarias ATR72 arrived on a charter flight and is on stand 12 due out tomorrow 12/1 at 2010, it's a long old way from the Canaries on a prop!

Who would charter an ATR for an 1800-mile flight?

The ATR Enthusiasts Club?

Probably have meant two en-route fuel stops?

It was a charter for Agen rugby team, it flew LPA to Agen France then to BRS, I have no idea why they would charter an A/C from the Canaires!

It was a charter for Agen rugby team, it flew LPA to Agen France then to BRS, I have no idea why they would charter an A/C from the Canaires!

Thanks big g.

It would have been in connection with Bath v Agen yesterday in the European rugby challange cup then.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock