More KLM flights for S16

KLM have announced a sixth additional weekday service from Birmingham Airport to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol for summer 2016, providing an extra 32,100 seats for passengers.

Increased frequency on the popular route will further cement Birmingham’s position as one of KLM’s most successful departure points on its UK network.

New Summer Schedule 27th March 2016

From Birmingham Airport to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

KL1420 06:00 08:15

KL1422 09:40 11:50

KL1424 11:25 13:35

KL1426 13:20 15:30

KL1432 17:30 19:45

KL1430 19:35 21:50

From Amsterdam Airport Schiphol to Birmingham Airport

KL1421 08:45 08:55

KL1423 10:25 10:40

KL1425 12:20 12:35

KL1431 16:25 16:40

KL1429 18:45 19:00

KL1435 21:00 21:10

:rockon: :rockon:

By the time Heathrow gets its third runway, KLM will probably have 20 weekday flights to AMS feeding its network whilst down in LHR airlines continue to queue for 20 minuites just to take off.

Seriously this country of ours really has a small town mentality. LHR delayed again until next summer.

I seem to remember the 6th daily was cut a while back was it 2010 or so? Nice to see it back, but it would be even nicer to see the 3rd daily Swiss back too.

Is it known if it is mainline or cityhopper?

...at the extra 32,000 seats a year, it would suggest its a 70 seat Fokker city hopper....

every little helps :O)

nwoody2001 said:
...at the extra 32,000 seats a year, it would suggest its a 70 seat Fokker city hopper....

every little helps :O)

Your going on a Fokker city hopper my son. Excuse me dad, what did you just say ?????

He he he

KLM will be using Cityjet RJ85 on certain flights - unsure of dates and which exact flights yet.

Dutch king reveals he held part-time job as airline pilot
Willem-Alexander co-piloted commercial KLM flights twice a month, saying it had been a ‘relaxing’ hobby

King Willem-Alexander told a newspaper that he had now stepped down from role as ‘guest pilot’.

The Dutch king has revealed that for more than two decades he has, alongside his royal duties, held down a part-time second job.

In a newspaper interview published on Wednesday, King Willem-Alexander said that he recently ended his role as a regular “guest pilot” after 21 years on KLM’s fleet of Fokker 70 planes and before that on Dutch carrier Martinair.

As a guest flier, the king worked about twice a month, always as co-pilot. He will now retrain to fly Boeing 737s as the Fokkers are being phased out of service. The 50-year-old father of three and monarch to 17 million Dutch citizens calls flying a “hobby” that lets him leave his royal duties on the ground and fully focus on something else.

“You have an aircraft, passengers and crew. You have responsibility for them,” the king told De Telegraaf. “You can’t take your problems from the ground into the skies. You can completely disengage and concentrate on something else. That, for me, is the most relaxing part of flying.”

While it is no secret that Willem-Alexander is a qualified pilot who sometimes flew KLM passenger flights, it was not previously clear how frequently it happened. Willem-Alexander said he is rarely recognised by passengers, especially since security was tightened on board planes in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.

“Before September 11, the cockpit door was open. People regularly came to have a look and thought it was nice or surprising that I was sitting there,” he said, adding that very few people recognise him as he walks through Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport in KLM uniform and cap.

And even when he makes announcements to passengers, Willem-Alexander says that as a co-pilot he doesn’t have to give his name. So while some people recognise his voice, it does not happen often. “Most people don’t listen anyway,” he added.

I need to get over to Amsterdam in the next couple of weeks. I'll need to catch the early morning flight. What is the cabin like on their bhx-ams service on a 737?

I use if fairly regularly and have found the cabin and service excellent. I'm not sure what they get in business but at the back there is always a good cup of coffee and a sandwich....
My only worry for you hoody is that if you are transmitting in Schipol please remember that once we get into autumn early morning fog can be a problem.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock