Maybe it's the Irish market they're targeting? Would be interesting to know the breakdown of nationality of the passengers on the route, especially what percentage Irish originating passengers are.

Ryanair are bringing back their Malta route at Bournemouth. It's an away based flight so hopefully it may mean that they're expanding from Malta again and we may see the route return at Cardiff. Fingers crossed!

Ryanair haven't put Dublin onsale yet but have loaded the flights. At the moment the route is 4 weekly Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Departure times from Cardiff are 2250, 1710, 2300 and 2205.
These flights are now loaded and on sale - including Six Nations weekend.

Notably the last DUB flights from BRS (albeit 1 of 4 a day) on Friday is 22:35 and Saturday is 22:40.

Maybe a whole new array of slots have become available since the building of a second runway at DUB.

Of course these times will more than likely change by the time the flights happen, but it’s good to see the DUB route continuing nonetheless!

I wonder if this paves the way for morning departures and an increase on the route? Tue, Wed, Thu mid morning/lunchtime would complement the late flight times. I think the route is performing well at 4 weekly

It would be a great boost to the airport, if Ryanair were to increase services on Dublin route, and maybe look at services to more destinations, but they expect a lot from the airports they serve in return.

It would be a great boost to the airport, if Ryanair were to increase services on Dublin route, and maybe look at services to more destinations, but they expect a lot from the airports they serve in return.
Well according to the CEO in a recent interview the only thing that is stopping them is cost. Does make you wonder if the changes to the Dublin route are because Ryanair aren't satisfied with the deal they have from the airport.

I don't think that CWL are in a position to offer Ryanair any more than they previously have finance wise, of course FR would try and squeeze every ounce out of every airport they operate to, they maybe missing an opportunity at CWL, there is a lot of competition at BRS now.

I think the problem always will be that they'll always be worried that they're just transferring their own customers from Bristol to Cardiff rather than taking other airlines passengers especially with a route like Dublin. So no matter what CWL offer them the deal may not be good enough for a base especially.

I’m staying optimistic that either the flight times will change or at least Monday, Friday and Sunday flights will be double daily!
It's certainly a possibility and would explain the poor flight times currently on those days. I would've thought they'd go daily on the route before exploring double daily, but then maybe CWL have given them a deal they couldn't refuse after all and they'll be going all out.
DUB is a route that doesn't need a long lead in time for sales, people usually book quite late (except rugby weekends), so there's plenty of time for more frequencies to be added.

I’m staying optimistic that either the flight times will change or at least Monday, Friday and Sunday flights will be double daily!
Definitely would be interesting if they did that rather than going daily on the route but they might have really good sales for weekend traffic and poor in mid week hence the cutting of the Wednesday flight.

Looks like Ryanair are starting to upload Summer 2023 on the app. Nothing onsale yet but so far we only have Dublin which is 4 weekly Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

Would be nice to see Malta return and Barcelona as well especially the latter, seems weird not seeing Barcelona on the departure boards.
Also i think Ibiza would be a really good route for Ryanair.

Last edited:
Ryanair to add a 5th weekly DUB service for August (4 services in total), on Thursdays!

👌

They must be happy with the load factors on the route, perhaps they will keep it on after August if it is a success, let's hope so, it is nice to hear some good news, with Belfast starting today as well.

Good news but odd …

Dublin’s hardly a destination for increased demand in August unless there’s something going on there that I don’t know about! Maybe they’ve got some spare slots/aircraft to fill.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock