Advertisement

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
Ryanair is reducing Belfast to 2 weekly from the winter timetable due to APD

Land23R

May 9, 2014
Cheshire
I would have thought only 2 x weekly was pointless. Don't know when the flights are due to operate but I suppose Friday / Sunday could attract the weekend trippers. The loss of 11 or 12 weekly flights adds up to a lot of seats over the winter as a certain BHX contributor was quick to point out on another forum. Given how many a/c they tend to park up over the winter, I'd be surprised if the a/c were required for other routes.

Llandudno

Feb 3, 2019
Llandudno
And of course the venerable Ian F, who is usually no where to be seen when the good news flows, but when any bad news breaks he suddenly develops Ussain Bolt characteristics to be front of the queue to post the news. But I digress.

We have lost potentially 11 weekly seats by Ryanair, but will gain at least 3 weekly via Easyjet, not including anything they add for the winter.

And let’s not forget we have substantial increases this year on other Ryanair routes so more than drowns out the bad news.

Land23R

May 9, 2014
Cheshire
Too late to edit my last post. Of course, RYR may want to use the a/c for more profitable routes. BFS seems to be taking a big hit this coming winter.

Land23R

May 9, 2014
Cheshire
There is the significant issue of T3 constraints at MAN affecting RYR which means no extra a/c based for this summer. The latest ACL report does however still show a net increase in seats of 7% which I assume is mainly achieved by more flights with non-based a/c. Is it 8 or 9 new routes but also a couple of more frequent German services pulled or reduced.

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Sounds as if they have something better to do with aircraft
Or it's to do with pilot hours again so they are trimming routes so they don't have a crisis again and get to make a grand statement about APD at the same time.

IanFarquharson

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2015
Balsall Common
bhxmovements.blogspot.co.uk
And of course the venerable Ian F, who is usually no where to be seen when the good news flows, but when any bad news breaks he suddenly develops Ussain Bolt characteristics to be front of the queue to post the news. But I digress.

We have lost potentially 11 weekly seats by Ryanair, but will gain at least 3 weekly via Easyjet, not including anything they add for the winter.

And let’s not forget we have substantial increases this year on other Ryanair routes so more than drowns out the bad news.
The very same Ian F who reported excellent Manchester pax figures the other day.
At least I keep my same name !
Great to have you back User001 / LAXLHR we have all missed you :)

pholling

May 9, 2014
I would have thought only 2 x weekly was pointless. Don't know when the flights are due to operate but I suppose Friday / Sunday could attract the weekend trippers. The loss of 11 or 12 weekly flights adds up to a lot of seats over the winter as a certain BHX contributor was quick to point out on another forum. Given how many a/c they tend to park up over the winter, I'd be surprised if the a/c were required for other routes.
Friday-Sunday also works quite well for covering the construction traffic out of NI much of which goes to London and MAN. Note: STN is also seeing a reduction 2x weekly. I think RYR will probably pull out of BFS completely in the next round if this reduction goes poorly.

The downside of this is that EZY from BFS into MAN is an atrocious experience compared to BE or RYR.

pholling

May 9, 2014
Just wondering why you think this?
I am only comparing the arrival into MAN side. The main reason is the setup for domestic arrivals into T3 vs T1. In T3 you walk off the aircraft into the UK arrivals corridor and into baggage claim. Even with a 3 y/o it takes about 5 mins from aircraft door to the reclaim belt or arrivals hall. In T1, you get the bus. For me this has taken anywhere from 10-40 mins, all depending on which bus you get, where in the loading of the bus you are and how long it takes for the buses to each get a release on the UK arrivals door.

On the departures side T1 and T3 are more of a much-a-muchness of crap. Though the larger space and not having to do the biometrics give T1 an advantage. Both RYR and EZY have atrocious customer service on the ground side, so neither win anything there. BE wins hands down, especially on the Belfast ends as BHD is a much easier to transit airport than BFS. However BE is often significantly more expensive all in and BHD is further away from the in-laws.

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
I presume the new addition is Katowice?

It starts on the 29th of October and operates Tue/Thu/Sat.

EGCC_MAN

Premium Member Plus
Feb 2, 2016
YES. And Ryanair's Polish division, currently branded as Ryanair Sun, is to be rebranded as BUZZ. The original Buzz (with BAe 146's) was taken over by Ryanair many years ago. So the yellow brand is making a welcome return with a smart new livery. The Polish-registered Ryanair Sun fleet has already been operating some of Ryanair's Polish services into MAN. Let's hope that continues after the rebrand.

Jus a thought from me (long shot). Any chance Ryanair might consider switching sub-brands such as Buzz and Laudamotion (if they decide to serve MAN) out of T3? They are at capacity in there during Summer months, so anything they can move across to T1 / T2 would help.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington

Ryanair (FR) – Some cancellations due to B737MAX deliveries, reduce BFS from x14pw to x11pw from 03Jun and CCF (Carcassonne) was planned to be three per week during July and Aug but now stays twice per week all season.

Top Bottom