Thanks David. I counted 12 diversions to LHR which given it's proximity is perhaps not surprising. However, I can recall decades ago it was relatively unusual for LHR to accept diversions but that was in the days before T4 & T5.

Now revised upwards to 115 diversions as a few flights that were shown as cancelled actually had the outbound journey done from an alternate and got diverted again on the way back. It was definitely strange to see that many go to LHR.. it does highlight there's potential for wiggle room in winter time. The only airport that slightly surprised me with the lack of arrivals was BOH.

ATC issues late afternoon. Some diverts away to BRS with Easyjet. Don't know if any diverts to any where else. Im sure runway open again now.

A spokesman for Gatwick airport said this earlier today regarding the significant delays yesterday evening into today.

“Flights have resumed at Gatwick following an earlier issue with the systems operated by ANS in our air traffic control tower. As we move back into full operations, we are likely to see some delays and further cancellations this evening. We apologise to passengers who have been affected and are aiming to operate a full schedule of flights tomorrow. We continue to advise all passengers travelling tonight or tomorrow to check the status of their flight with their airline before travelling to the airport.”

There seems to be disruption at London Gatwick this morning as many aircraft have gone around and holding.

A Turkish Airlines A333 TC-LND seems to be diverting to Dublin.

Significant disruption at London Gatwick this evening with multiple flights showing as cancelled.

London Gatwick Airport​

DEPARTURES - MONDAY, SEPT 25​

NiceNCE
U28427 319
6:25 PM
Canceled

GenevaGVA
U28495 319
6:25 PM
Canceled

MunichMUC
U28641 320
6:35 PM
Canceled

BelfastBFS
U2831 319
6:40 PM
Canceled

InvernessINV
U2849 319
Canceled

MalagaAGP
U28077 319
Canceled

MarseilleMRS
U28441 320
Canceled

DublinDUB
FR121 B738
6:50 PM
Canceled

RennesRNS
U28395 319
6:55 PM
Canceled

JerseyJER
U2883 A319
7:10 PM
Canceled

NaplesNAP
U28341 319
7:15 PM
Canceled

EdinburghEDI
U2815 319
7:15 PM
Canceled

LisbonLIS
U28515 A320
8:05 PM
Canceled

SevilleSVQ
VY6023 A320
8:10 PM
Canceled

ValenciaVLC
VY8473 A320
8:15 PM
Canceled

MilanMXP
U28311 A320
8:20 PM
Canceled

MilanMXP
W45787 A21N
8:30 PM
Canceled

DalamanDLM
U28569 A20N
9:55 PM
Canceled

London Gatwick has today implemented a temporary limit on daily flight movements to prevent delays and last-minute cancellations for passengers.

The decision was made alongside NATS, who run the London Gatwick air traffic control tower, and means the airport will be limited to 800 flights a day. This means both departure and arrival flights. The restrictions start today and will remain in place until Sunday, 1 October.
The daily cap will prevent last-minute cancellations and delays for passengers while NATS work through challenges driven by sickness and staffing constraints.
Passengers are advised to check the status of their flights directly with their airlines, who we’ve been closely working with at this time.
Stewart Wingate, CEO of London Gatwick, said: “This has been a difficult decision but the action we have taken today means our airlines can fly reliable flight programmes, which gives passengers more certainty that they will not face last minute cancellations.
“We are working closely with NATS to build resilience in the control tower, and this decision means we can prevent as much disruptions as possible.
“London Gatwick would like to apologise to any passengers who have been impacted by these restrictions.”

NOTES:

• Before the limit was put in place the movements expected for this week were as follows:
    • Tuesday- 800 movements
    • Weds – 829 movements
    • Thursday – 840 movements
    • Friday –865 movements
    • Saturday – 800 movements
    • Sunday – 830 movements
  • 30% of NATS tower staff are currently unavailable for a variety of medical reasons including covid

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock