Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
Flybe Winter 2017/18 is on sale.
Exeter is 4 weekly Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday

Flybe Announces Full 2019 Summer Schedule From Norwich
  • Airline adds summer sun routes to Alicante and Malaga
  • Four flights a week to Exeter
  • Seats on sale from Thursday 16th August 2018
Flybe, Europe’s largest regional airline, has today (10th August 2018) confirmed the continuation for 2019 Summer of its two sun routes to Alicante and Malaga, together with four fights a week to Exeter. These will become available for booking from Thursday 16thAugust 2018. The routes will operate for the entire period of the summer schedule between 31st March and Saturday 26th October 2019 but are currently only available for travel through to 16th June 2019.

These three routes join next summer’s existing Saturday service to Jersey that is already on sale.

Flybe’s 2019 Summer routes from Norwich are as follows:
  • Alicante (Tue/Fri)
  • Exeter (Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri with a scheduled journey time of just 75 minutes)
  • Jersey (weekly Sats)
  • Malaga (Mon/Thurs)
Roy Kinnear, Flybe’s Chief Commercial Officer comments: “We look forward to welcoming many new customers on board next summer and hope that by putting these flights on sale now it will allow them the opportunity to plan their next summer travel early to take advantage of the lowest possible fares.”

Richard Pace, Managing Director of Norwich Airport, said: “This is great news as it gives our customers the opportunity to plan ahead, book early and benefit from great fares on these extremely popular Alicante and Malaga sun routes which have gone from strength to strength since launch in 2016.”

Full details of Flybe’s 2019 Summer schedule are available at www.flybe.com

#Norwich #flybe

Flybe Announces Full 2019 Summer Schedule From Norwich
  • Airline adds summer sun routes to Alicante and Malaga
  • Four flights a week to Exeter
  • Seats on sale from Thursday 16th August 2018
Flybe, Europe’s largest regional airline, has today (10th August 2018) confirmed the continuation for 2019 Summer of its two sun routes to Alicante and Malaga, together with four fights a week to Exeter. These will become available for booking from Thursday 16thAugust 2018. The routes will operate for the entire period of the summer schedule between 31st March and Saturday 26th October 2019 but are currently only available for travel through to 16th June 2019.

These three routes join next summer’s existing Saturday service to Jersey that is already on sale.

Flybe’s 2019 Summer routes from Norwich are as follows:
  • Alicante (Tue/Fri)
  • Exeter (Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri with a scheduled journey time of just 75 minutes)
  • Jersey (weekly Sats)
  • Malaga (Mon/Thurs)
Roy Kinnear, Flybe’s Chief Commercial Officer comments: “We look forward to welcoming many new customers on board next summer and hope that by putting these flights on sale now it will allow them the opportunity to plan their next summer travel early to take advantage of the lowest possible fares.”

Richard Pace, Managing Director of Norwich Airport, said: “This is great news as it gives our customers the opportunity to plan ahead, book early and benefit from great fares on these extremely popular Alicante and Malaga sun routes which have gone from strength to strength since launch in 2016.”

Full details of Flybe’s 2019 Summer schedule are available at www.flybe.com

Norwich to Exeter saving a difficult road/rail journey.

Norwich to Exeter saving a difficult road/rail journey.
It is and seems to be seeing decent passenger numbers this year and last.

That's good, I did wonder if it would work even though its a pig of a journey, sometimes it takes an age for people to get used to a new travel option.
I'd imagine the service would depend on how profitable the sun routes from Norwich are as it just revenue on a positioning flight and hopefully it'll take away any loss for them on those flights.

Didn't a company called Links Air do this route a few years ago ?
I think it was Cardiff but they went busted. They were operating the Anglesey route at the time.

Didn't a company called Links Air do this route a few years ago ?

Flybe has tried EXT-NWI on a number of occasions. In 2010 just over 8,000 passengers were handled after which the route ceased. It came back in 2012 with just over 7,000 passengers. It was axed again but returned much more successfully in 2016 with over 22,000 passengers and last year it carried over 27,000.

I think it was Cardiff but they went busted. They were operating the Anglesey route at the time.

That's right. It was in 2015 when the PSO aircraft that operated Cardiff-Anglesey-Cardiff twice daily was utilised to operate Cardiff-Norwich-Cardiff in the downtime, with through connections from/to Anglesey to/from Norwich. It was an abject failure and lasted not much more than two months in the spring early/summer that year.

The CAA suspended the airline's AOC in October 2015 over safety concerns and the following April Links Air was wound up.

Im sure Air southwest tried NWI from BRS a few years back and dropped it saying low pax numbers.As we know pax numbers reverts to yield.

Im sure Air southwest tried NWI from BRS a few years back and dropped it saying low pax numbers.As we know pax numbers reverts to yield.

They did. It was a long time ago. The summer of 2006.

Addendum

I've checked the passenger figures for this route in 2006. The total was 13,043.

Disappointing and a bit surprising
Loganair are operating the route as well i believe so maybe over capacity? Or a holiday company stopped taking an allocation on the flight that may have made it viable?

The Eastern Airways flight from Norwich to Aberdeen yesterday had royal approval as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along with their children used the flight to as they travelled to Balmoral.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock