I don't believe for there is no airline that would take up a TUI route. For a starter a airline doing a TUI route is good business and I would think better work than they could get else where. The only thing TUI would have to be carefull with is the quality and operations of any foreign airline as a few out there is a bit suspect,but saying that there is a lot of good airlines out there as well. I should say if a route is dropped then it would be down to pax take up,also there is many other things that dictate weather a route is taken up or not.
There is high demand for charter airlines especially due to the loss of Thomas Cook. Freebird that would normally be used by TUI for non based Turkey flights will also be operating dedicated charters for On the beach who used to use Thomas Cook so will have less availability to operate flights for TUI.

On another site their is a update on the thursday flight. The faro flight now routes exe-faro-then goes to east mids then back to faro then back tp exeter. Then goes to bounmouth late evening.

superking said:
I don't believe for there is no airline that would take up a TUI route. For a starter a airline doing a TUI route is good business and I would think better work than they could get else where. The only thing TUI would have to be carefull with is the quality and operations of any foreign airline as a few out there is a bit suspect,but saying that there is a lot of good airlines out there as well. I should say if a route is dropped then it would be down to pax take up,also there is many other things that dictate weather a route is taken up or not.

Don't forget that Norwegian cut back their number of bases early last year and hence had to withdraw from covering the EXT-LPA rotation on behalf of TUI for summer 2019.

TUI's revised summer 2020 flights from EXT commencing in August, as shown on their website.
All flights and times subject to change and/or caveats -

Monday
Nothing currently shown

Tuesday
14.05 Heraklion 23.25

Wednesday
Nothing currently shown

Thursday
06.30 Zante 15.00
17.30 Lanzarote 02.10

Friday
12.40 Corfu 20.20

Saturday
06.15 Mallorca 11.45
13.20 Paphos 00.10

Sunday
10.00 Dalaman 19.40

Interestingly nothing shown from EXT to TFS.

Wasn't that supposed to be operated by Norwegian?
Yes TFS was originally planned to be covered by Norwegian, however by rescheduling the Heraklion rotation to a later time slot on the Tuesday afternoon, (as I know only too well from last year) a rotation from EXT to TFS and back could be easily diagrammed in for the Tuesday morning. The only problem here could well be aircraft and crew hours resourcing from the previous day, if the diagrammed aircraft is used elsewhere on the Monday.

Yes TFS was originally planned to be covered by Norwegian, however by rescheduling the Heraklion rotation to a later time slot on the Tuesday afternoon, (as I know only too well from last year) a rotation from EXT to TFS and back could be easily diagrammed in for the Tuesday morning. The only problem here could well be aircraft and crew hours resourcing from the previous day, if the diagrammed aircraft is used elsewhere on the Monday.

I doubt it’ll be used elsewhere, schedules are understandably very thin this summer.

A check of the website shows that they plan to operate EXT-TFS in October on Tuesdays (all 4 weeks) at 16:40 (HER moves to 06:00) and Fridays (2 weeks only) at 15:55 (CFU moves to 07:00).

A check of the website shows that they plan to operate EXT-TFS in October on Tuesdays (all 4 weeks) at 16:40 (HER moves to 06:00) and Fridays (2 weeks only) at 15:55 (CFU moves to 07:00).
October is the change over period from Summer to Winter schedules, hence why the end of season HER and CFU rotations are retimed, so that outward passenger flows can commence on the Winter schedule for TFS. Same happens every year!

They all do strange things if its end of season or beginning. 1 year i ended up with a 17 day holiday in Palma for price of 14 days ,value. At the end of a season they do strange things to get as much as they can out the hotels and all other things that shut for winter. Works out ok some times for punter.

They all do strange things if its end of season or beginning. 1 year i ended up with a 17 day holiday in Palma for price of 14 days ,value. At the end of a season they do strange things to get as much as they can out the hotels and all other things that shut for winter. Works out ok some times for punter.
It's not so much a strange thing at the beginning or end of season, but a service balance between the seasonal timetable periods.

Supposed to leave NCL just after 10:00 and arrive around in EXT around 11:00. Should be viewable on flight radar sites/apps once it’s moving.
Ok thanks for the info. Unfortunately I must have just missed it driving back from town.

I’ve compiled a list of the planned TUI flights form EXT over the coming weeks, with flights commencing from Sunday 2nd August (DLM, ZTH and CFU only in first week). I have included Spanish flights in red, as it is, of course, rather uncertain whether or not these will operate; however, as there are only two weekly Spanish flights planned, this will not have a major impact on the offering.

Monday: no flights

Tuesday
AM: no flights
PM: HER (starts 11/08)

Wednesday: no flights

Thursday
AM: ZTH
PM: ACE (starts 13/08)

Friday
PM: CFU

Saturday
AM: PMI (starts 15/08)
PM: PFO (starts 15/08)

Sunday
DLM (full day)

I’ve compiled a list of the planned TUI flights form EXT over the coming weeks, with flights commencing from Sunday 2nd August (DLM, ZTH and CFU only in first week). I have included Spanish flights in red, as it is, of course, rather uncertain whether or not these will operate; however, as there are only two weekly Spanish flights planned, this will not have a major impact on the offering.

Monday: no flights

Tuesday
PM: HER (starts 11/08)

Wednesday: no flights

Thursday
AM: ZTH
PM: ACE (starts 13/08)

Friday
PM: CFU

Saturday
AM: PMI (starts 15/08)
PM: PFO (starts 15/08)

Sunday
DLM (full day)
Thanks for the update on my EXT flight list up thread, with 'provisional' start dates added.
So far as the Spanish routes are concerned, probably best to wait see what happens, or sadly not, as the case may be....

According to the BBC, TUI are adding additional flights to destinations in Greece and Turkey, instead of the Spanish resorts. Whether this will apply from EXT will be interesting to note -

Regards
Mark

This morning I watched G-TAWW climbing out of EXT en-route to DLM flight No.TOM604, on this summer's first of hopefully many TUI flights from Exeter.
Let's hope so and not just from EXT.

This is what TUI have down for Exeter for Summer 2021. Obviously this could change. Week from August 2021 sampled.
Monday
06.00 Menorca
13.10 Zante
Tuesday
06.50 Palma de Mallorca
14.05 Heraklion
Wednesday
06.30 Palma de Mallorca
13.55 Rhodes
Thursday
06.55 Zante
??????????
19.55 Dalaman (non based carrier)
Friday
06.00 Menorca
12.40 Corfu
21.50 Palma de Mallorca
Saturday
06.25 Palma de Mallorca
13.20 Paphos
Sunday
06.05 Lanzarote
?????????????
19.55 Dalaman (non based carrier)

Summary total of 15 weekly departures 2 non based. Curiously Gran Canaria and Tenerife don't operate between April and October so i didn't include them, Antalya and Faro appear to be dropped. 2020 was planned at 24 weekly departures 19 based, 5 non based.
Palma de Mallorca 4 weekly
Dalaman 2 weekly
Menorca 2 weekly
Zante 2 weekly
Rhodes 1 weekly
Heraklion 1 weekly
Paphos 1 weekly
Corfu 1 weekly
Lanzarote 1 weekly

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock