Doesn't it normally route further west over Wales, or even along the southwest coast?
Was FR showing BRS-CUN or BRS-MAN/GLA. Usually if its preplanned FR shows the actual routing to the fuelling airport.

Yes, it usually does. If not departing via West Wales it invariably leaves the UK coast over north Devon or north Cornwall. I'm not saying that on occasions a non-stop flight would not head northwest from BRS if that track was more favourable although I can never remember seeing such an instance, but then again I don't check the flights every week.

The flight went up over Scotland about 4 or 5 weeks ago,most other flights went that way as well due bad weather over the pond.

I know not to trust it as a source but Wikipedia has a tui service to agadir as a seasonal route. Any truth in it maybe to be announced ?

I know not to trust it as a source but Wikipedia has a tui service to agadir as a seasonal route. Any truth in it maybe to be announced ?
Some years a weekly charter to Agadir was announced but I can't remember it actually operating. I think it was TUI but might have been in the days when Thomson operated under their own name.

Some years a weekly charter to Agadir was announced but I can't remember it actually operating. I think it was TUI but might have been in the days when Thomson operated under their own name.

If I remember correctly first choice operated to agadir every Friday for a number of seasons

If I remember correctly first choice operated to agadir every Friday for a number of seasons
You are no doubt correct. I looked at my summary of all BRS routes and route annual passenger figures since 2008 and Agadir did not appear. If it was First Choice it would have been before 2008 when they merged with Thomson. Time flies so quickly when you get to my age and I hadn't realised that Agadir had featured so long ago.

Im with you on the comment time goes by so quick when older. I cant ever remember Agadir being operated by TUI or First choice.First choice liked doing odd routes to where ever so yes it more than likely it operated a couple of seasons from BRS.

Sanford flying with a 787-9 today according to fr24.
Sanford going direct on the b787-9
I presume with no more than a maximum B787-8 load. Nevertheless, it's interesting that a 9-series can get that far from BRS on a revenue-operating service.

Can confirm the SFB flight went direct. The aircraft was G TUIE 787 8.Just looked on FR 24 and it was just passing New York,

According to the other forum TUI will launch a 1 weekly Memmingen from the 21st December 2019 and Reykjavik 2 weekly from 26th March 2020.

According to the other forum TUI will launch a 1 weekly Memmingen from the 21st December 2019 and Reykjavik 2 weekly from 26th March 2020.
The post on the other forum actually says:

Bristol - Reykjavik Eff 26Mar20 - 04Mar20 2x weeky B737-800

which makes little sense.

TUI is already down to operate the route (BRS-KEF) at 2 x weekly in January and February 2020 with the last flights on 1 March according to the TUI timetable. If the dates have been transposed by the poster on the other forum it simply means the season is extended by three weeks.

If it should have read Eff 26 Mar20-4Mar 21 then that means that TUI will operate through the summer, something last seen by WOW (before they pulled out of BRS and later ceased operations altogether earlier this year) and easyJet, with the latter now providing only a winter service.

My instinct is that the poster transposed the dates.

Memmingen is interesting. No doubt it's a ski service. It's to be hoped it does better than Ostersund, another 'secondary' ski destination and one of the rare ski route failures at BRS, and also one of easyJet's rare failures on any route at BRS.

The post on the other forum actually says:

Bristol - Reykjavik Eff 26Mar20 - 04Mar20 2x weeky B737-800

which makes little sense.

TUI is already down to operate the route (BRS-KEF) at 2 x weekly in January and February 2020 with the last flights on 1 March according to the TUI timetable. If the dates have been transposed by the poster on the other forum it simply means the season is extended by three weeks.

If it should have read Eff 26 Mar20-4Mar 21 then that means that TUI will operate through the summer, something last seen by WOW (before they pulled out of BRS and later ceased operations altogether earlier this year) and easyJet, with the latter now providing only a winter service.

My instinct is that the poster transposed the dates.

The post on the other forum (presumably edited) now reads:

Bristol - Reykjavik Eff 26Jan20 - 04Mar20 2x weeky B737-800

Having checked Routesonline, I can confirm that these match.

The post on the other forum (presumably edited) now reads:

Bristol - Reykjavik Eff 26Jan20 - 04Mar20 2x weeky B737-800

Having checked Routesonline, I can confirm that these match.
Thank you. I note that the post on that other forum has indeed been amended in line with your dates. Quite why RoutesOnline highlighted it now (or perhaps they didn't and the poster on the other forum came across an old item) I don't know because, as Marko has pointed out, these flights and holidays have been on sale for quite a long time.

Freebird

I note that Freebird is still operating a couple of weekly flights this summer, presumably for TUI, viz:

Saturdays 0930 FHY648 to Dalaman
Sundays 2020 FHY516 to Antalya

I think I remember reading that next summer the Sunday TUI Antalya will be operated by an in-house B787.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock