Flybe aren't the way forward freight might be the only way forward but only when EMA runs out of room to develop further lets hope DSA doesn't go the way of DTV.

I can't see Flybe being the answer at any airport given their track record. When Peel bought the old RAF station and announced what they intended to do with it I had high hopes that someone like Easy would bite the bullet and open a northern outpost at DSA. It, and nothing much else has happened there, with airlines coming, going, inceasing and decreasing frequencies at the drop of a hat. My hopes for the airport providing some realistic choices to LBA amd MAN sadly have not been met and it is likely, as I see it, that they never will be.

What Peel will end up doing there would be just pure speculation but I can't see that they will be happy with the way things are currently.

I can't see Flybe being the answer at any airport given their track record. When Peel bought the old RAF station and announced what they intended to do with it I had high hopes that someone like Easy would bite the bullet and open a northern outpost at DSA. It, and nothing much else has happened there, with airlines coming, going, inceasing and decreasing frequencies at the drop of a hat. My hopes for the airport providing some realistic choices to LBA amd MAN sadly have not been met and it is likely, as I see it, that they never will be.

What Peel will end up doing there would be just pure speculation but I can't see that they will be happy with the way things are currently.
Peel are part of the problem they aren't exactly proactive DSA could be in better shape with better owners Peel aren't interested in the aviation side of things but everything surrounding the airport however I don't see DSA becoming another DTV the other part of the problem has been done time and time again location, location, location.

Flybe departing is a major loss to the airport one that it probably won't ever recover from fully the majority of routes are probably gone for good. To say that the routes have gone because of poor demand is sad the schedule wasn't made to succeed on either AMS or BHD after the announcement that all other routes were going. DSA is left with a huge black hole.

Flybe departing is a major loss to the airport one that it probably won't ever recover from fully the majority of routes are probably gone for good. To say that the routes have gone because of poor demand is sad the schedule wasn't made to succeed on either AMS or BHD after the announcement that all other routes were going. DSA is left with a huge black hole.

Very sad. So easy to say by a carrier poor demand, when they basically offer a rubbish schedule.

Why would Wizz leave they have a long and successful relationship with the airport not some deal like Flybe had that they basically based to dump a couple of unwanted aircraft somewhere and as soon as they hit real financial trouble they could pull out that is what Connect have done. Maybe routes weren't doing amazing before the Connect deal however the network was ok, places like Amsterdam had seen significant rises in passengers they chopped routes like Dusseldorf quickly when they saw they would not work. DSA got a bum deal. Flybe aircraft were the perfect size now the airport is left in a really bad place with very little scope to develop apart from Wizz and TUI the two carriers they have. Realistically the airport will struggle to attract anyone else.

Why would Wizz leave they have a long and successful relationship with the airport not some deal like Flybe had that they basically based to dump a couple of unwanted aircraft somewhere and as soon as they hit real financial trouble they could pull out that is what Connect have done. Maybe routes weren't doing amazing before the Connect deal however the network was ok, places like Amsterdam had seen significant rises in passengers they chopped routes like Dusseldorf quickly when they saw they would not work. DSA got a bum deal. Flybe aircraft were the perfect size now the airport is left in a really bad place with very little scope to develop apart from Wizz and TUI the two carriers they have. Realistically the airport will struggle to attract anyone else.
Have faith, there’s been a lot of hard work behind the scenes ……

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock