Seems to me from that picture that they are starting of from East Midlands airport with recruiting job roles there.

EMA wont be in their initial plans but BHX should be !
I don’t disagree with you about BHX. But we don’t know their full plans at the moment. Hopefully they will go to BHX if they do operate but we have to wait and see what they want to do.

Given they are punting the Flybe name and the old Flybe two main hubs were BHX and MAN it would seem the choice would be between the two and they are advertising vacancies in the Midlands if I was a betting man I know where my money would go.

Bhx also has a pretty good maintenance operation in STS which under its previous ownership maintained Flybe aircraft for years.

It doesn’t mean though that just because it has the same name means it will do the same things. A lot of their domestic routes have been replaced by other carriers the vast majority of them. IMO they should look at places where there isn’t much connectivity or choices. My candidates for routes and flights would be DSA, NWI and HUM and possibly BOH and SEN as those airports don’t have much choices of domestic flights. Just a thought though.

Whilst on the one hand I see your logic Concorde_LBA there is a reason why certain airports and routes aren't served. You can throw any sweeteners you like into the mix, but once that deal runs out then the route must stand on it's own two feet. There just isn't the catchment area for some of these airports and routes have been unsuccessfully tried before. They could do worse than giving LBA a go though. Airlines seem to avoid us like the plague but we have the catchment area and the potential. It just needs someone to unlock it

It doesn’t mean though that just because it has the same name means it will do the same things. A lot of their domestic routes have been replaced by other carriers the vast majority of them. IMO they should look at places where there isn’t much connectivity or choices. My candidates for routes and flights would be DSA, NWI and HUM and possibly BOH and SEN as those airports don’t have much choices of domestic flights. Just a thought though.
Not a chance !

I would say main base & HQ at BHX, them maybe later MAN & SOU

Not a chance !

I would say main base & HQ at BHX, them maybe later MAN & SOU
Never say never.

But where will they operate? Lots of their domestic routes have been taken over so I’m not sure there how domestic flights would work for them now. I can only see international travel working tbh now for them.

I imagine the unserved/undeserved international routes from BHX are the very reason that its likely to be favourite as the new head quarters but admittedly aviation is an unpredictable business.

Whilst on the one hand I see your logic Concorde_LBA there is a reason why certain airports and routes aren't served. You can throw any sweeteners you like into the mix, but once that deal runs out then the route must stand on it's own two feet. There just isn't the catchment area for some of these airports and routes have been unsuccessfully tried before. They could do worse than giving LBA a go though. Airlines seem to avoid us like the plague but we have the catchment area and the potential. It just needs someone to unlock it
Routes like Jersey / Amsterdam & Dublin where always popular with Flybe from DSA.

Routes which already have multiple carriers on them which are easily able to squeeze out a new small competitor.

JER - Blue Island, EasyJet, Jet2
AMS - KLM, EasyJet, Jet2
DUB - Aer Lingus, Ryanair

I mentioned this on another thread, but Flybe2 would be utterly mad to enter routes like that. There is limited room to differentiate or make decent margins with so much competition.

Last edited:
Routes which already have multiple carriers on them which are easily able to squeeze out a new small competitor.

JER - Blue Island, EasyJet, Jet2
AMS - KLM, EasyJet, Jet2
DUB - Aer Lingus, Ryanair

I mentioned this on another thread, but Flybe2 would be utterly mad to enter routes like that. There is limited room to differentiate or make decent margins with so much competition.
FlyBe have never flown to DUB
But could take on ORK, SNN, NOC as these are no longer served

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock