Sunday 9 June 2019

BRS website departure page showing Thomas Cook TCX1836 to Preveza at 1335 today delayed until 0900 Monday 10 June 2019.
Is this due tech aircraft. With the Boing 737 max problem ongoing,there cant be many spare aircraft about to cover the route.I would also think crew would not have enough duty to cover the rotation either.

Sunday 23rd June

0840 FR8286 to ALC finally departed 1439 using EI-DPT that positioned in from BCN. Original aircraft EI-DLX still on ground at BRS suggest tech.

EZY6712 PMI to BFS diverted into BRS at 1942, aircraft OE-IVR reason unknown.

Sunday 23 June 2019

BRS website showing easyJet EZY6075 to Alicante at 1945 as cancelled. There are no remarks against the return EZY6076 scheduled to arrive at BRS at 0115 on the 24th.

Sunday 30th June

TCX1987 LCA to BRS operated by Smartlynx A320 YL-LCS departed LCA last night but only got up to about 4,250ft and then in a circle pattern off the coast for nearly 3hrs before returning to LCA, last checked it’s still there. Don’t know what the plan is to return the passengers to BRS.
Thomas Cook sent an A321 G-TCDZ in from LGW to operate the PMI and PVK departures today with G-TCDE one of the other based TCX A321 operating the IBZ and ZTH flight instead of the missing Smartlynx A320.

The VRN-LGW flight has just passed my house inbound to BRS. A319 G-EZIV (according to FR24).

I see the Easyjet flight from Brindisi has picked up a big delay into BRS. It was due23.00 yesterday the 10th, it is now due at 15.05 today the 11th. Would think the aircraft went tech while down route,then crew hours would kick in then.

Thursday 11 July 2019

I was walking near the airport today and just before 1400 hours I saw what looked line a Boeing 737 landing. I couldn't see any company markings.

A later look at the BRS website arrivals page shows that KLJ6004 was due from Athens at 1335 and was about 20 minutes late. KLJ is the airline code for KlasJet, a Lithuanian-registered business charter company, and they appear to have a small number of Boeing 737-500 aircraft.

The aircraft parked on the north side rather than the 'bizjet' south side.

Thursday 11 July 2019

I was walking near the airport today and just before 1400 hours I saw what looked line a Boeing 737 landing. I couldn't see any company markings.

A later look at the BRS website arrivals page shows that KLJ6004 was due from Athens at 1335 and was about 20 minutes late. KLJ is the airline code for KlasJet, a Lithuanian-registered business charter company, and they appear to have a small number of Boeing 737-500 aircraft.

The aircraft parked on the north side rather than the 'bizjet' south side.
Interestingly this aircraft is fitted with 120 seats rather than a biz-jet layout (like it’s sister aircraft that arrived for Glastonbury), and recently operated for TUI Fly Belgium.... will be interesting to see what it’s used for!

KlasJet 737-500
As previously mentioned, B735 LY-JMS arrived empty from Athens on the 11th July.
Yesterday, this aircraft positioned out empty in the afternoon to Paris Orly under a Transavia France callsign (TVF/TO51).
It then operated Orly-Tunis-Orly for Transavia France under TO4510/4511.
More interesting though is that this aircraft then positioned back to Bristol as TO52, again to be “based”?

Operating for TUI?
If it is, either booking has fallen through the floor with TUI at BRS or many who had already booked will have been forced into alternative arrangements given the that the 500 has over fifty fewer seats than the 800.

Not the ideal aircraft to cover what TOM operate,but it could be a cover for TUI better than nothing I suppose. There is a shortage of aircraft the size of what TUI use but the 737max has caused problems through out the world of aviation. If TUI are to use this aircraft as cover then perhaps they think BRS is the airport to base it as could be cheaper parking and sort of central for TUI European services.
Just my thoughts and be way off the mark.

Funnily enough I came across a page that listed transavia basing an aircraft at Bristol listing a selection of destinations across the med. I discounted it as some sort of wiki style mistake but perhaps there’s something in it. I will try and find the site again

Wednesday 24 July 2019

KLM KL1053 due 1630 from Amsterdam and return KL1054 at 1715 to Amsterdam both cancelled
KLM KL1057 due 2210 from Amsterdam cancelled with tomorrow mornings KL1046 at 0620 to Amsterdam also cancelled

It seems the reason is connected with problems with fuel delivery systems at Amsterdam.

Wednesday 24 July 2019

KLM KL1053 due 1630 from Amsterdam and return KL1054 at 1715 to Amsterdam both cancelled
KLM KL1057 due 2210 from Amsterdam cancelled with tomorrow mornings KL1046 at 0620 to Amsterdam also cancelled

It seems the reason is connected with problems with fuel delivery systems at Amsterdam.

Looks like Cardiff was lucky as the 16.45 arrival still operated and became the overnighting aircraft with the 21.30 arrival and 17.15 departure both cancelled.

Friday 26 july.
3 Easyjet rotations cancelled today so far.I don't know reason for these cancelled flights.
Pisa, Faro and Inverness cancelled so far.
Also Flybe late morning Jersey rotation cancelled.

Friday 26 july.
3 Easyjet rotations cancelled today so far.I don't know reason for these cancelled flights.
Pisa, Faro and Inverness cancelled so far.
Also Flybe late morning Jersey rotation cancelled.
There is an air transport strike in Italy today between 1000 and 1400 which probably accounts for the Pisa cancellation. easyJet's inbound Venice early afternoon is also cancelled and presumably the return flight too. There are other Italian flights that do seem to be operating before and after the strike period although Ryanair's 1000 to Milan MXP is shown as departed. It might be that the strike is patchy across the country.

When the situation becomes clearer later in the day I'll do a complete list with those cancelled because of industrial action shown in red. I was only thinking the other day that this summer hasn't been as badly affected by industrial action-related cancellations as some previous summers. Perhaps we are about to pay for that now the peak season is upon us.

I don't know why the morning Faro has been cancelled. There is only one further easyJet Faro today which is this evening and a Ryanair departure at 1035 that has now gone. I would think there is very little room if any on the other flights this time of the year so there will be a lot of disappointed holidaymakers if it's not possible to make alternative arrangements.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024
UTFD Step 4 here Come First Away day and the best day of my life
Technically the 14th anniversary of me working at my present job. Tuesday after the May Day bank holiday is when I started .. last Saturday was the actual anniversary.
Whipee it's Friday!
Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock